Can You Hear It?

[quote]F0rG3tNikeDoMe wrote:
I downloaded this onto my itunes, how do i put it on my cell phone?..I’m a little technology illiterate.[/quote]

follow the instructions on myxertones.com

very simple

24 yrs old: I could hear it, but it didn’t really bother me for some reason. Lucky I guess.

I am 19 and that is annoying and has my ears still ringing

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Disappeared for me too. But I’m old and have a hearing loss from too many years of standing in front of blasting bass amps.[/quote]

Yo Momma

I don’t think a loud bass would do that. Low frequencies are not the culprit usually. As a bassist myself having played in a band in my 20’s (45 now), I lost hearing (and now suffer tinnitus)in my left ear from standing stage right of the drummer. Cymbals cause more hearing damage, especially if your drummer is a real thumper like mine was.

I’m 19. I heard it. I didn’t want to die. But now my head hurts.

Laptop speakers, no.
Headphones, yes.

Uncomfortable, yes.
Painful, not really.

At 17 I definately heard that. It’s not the worst noise I’ve heard but it could get annoying after a while.

25, hear it fine, dosen’t really bother me.

So we know age is a big determinant as to whether or not one hears it, but does anyone know why it bothers some more than others? I would go crazy if I had to listen to it for more than a few seconds. As soon as I heard it I instinctually put my hands over my ears.

We did that to our football coach during stand down (30 minutes before practice to get some homework done), and he didn’t do anything. But then when we asked him if he could hear it, he said he could, but since no one else was doing anything, he thought he was going crazy so he didn’t say anything.

I wish I could at least hear what it sounds like. I’ve shot too many loud weapons and been near too many explosions to hear anything.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Here - for those of you who couldn’t hear the first but want to share the pain, try one of these.

http://www.teenbuzz.org/ [/quote]

I have to be honest I was expecting a lot more from a website called teenbuzz

I thought it might belong to headhunter at first

I’m 29 and I heard it perfectly at half volume with shitty lap top speakers.

It was weird though, half way through I was questioning wheather I was still hearing it. It wasn’t until it ended that I was able to confirm that I had bee still hearing it all the way through.

Later on I will bring my 10 year old cat and a 1 year old cat in the room and see how they react.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
We did that to our football coach during stand down (30 minutes before practice to get some homework done), and he didn’t do anything. But then when we asked him if he could hear it, he said he could, but since no one else was doing anything, he thought he was going crazy so he didn’t say anything.[/quote]

LMFAO!!

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Disappeared for me too. But I’m old and have a hearing loss from too many years of standing in front of blasting bass amps.

Yo Momma

I don’t think a loud bass would do that. Low frequencies are not the culprit usually. As a bassist myself having played in a band in my 20’s (45 now), I lost hearing (and now suffer tinnitus)in my left ear from standing stage right of the drummer. Cymbals cause more hearing damage, especially if your drummer is a real thumper like mine was.

[/quote]

Well that would 'splain it, then. Because I’m stage left and my right ear is shot to hell. But I can’t complain about the drummer. I sleep with him every night, so I’ll sacrifice a little hearing for the excellent rhythm and timing.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Well that would 'splain it, then. Because I’m stage left and my right ear is shot to hell. But I can’t complain about the drummer. I sleep with him every night, so I’ll sacrifice a little hearing for the excellent rhythm and timing.
[/quote]

Not to be a wise-ass… but EARPLUGS are a wise investment. I wish I had taken my wife’s advice oh so many years ago. lol

[quote]tedro wrote:

I would go crazy if I had to listen to it for more than a few seconds.

[/quote]

Now we all know your weak point. Just in case you need to be punished.

My iPod has destroyed my hearing so I can just barely hear that shit all the way up on headphones.

As annoying as self interviewing? Doubtful.

22, and now my head hurts