Can you Gain Muscle with a Calorie Deficit?

Since I do quite a bit of TT/Cycling if by the end of the day I have numbers as the following:

Calories Net Fat Carbs Protein

1400 126 145 300

Can you gain muscle as I have kept protein high as I weigh 175lbs and I believe my bodyfat is around 13%.

What makes the difference to put on lean muscle and if you must always be in a positive caloric intake than is there such a thing as lean muscle gain?

-js

Hello Jsirabella

Need more info.

Height+age.

What does your routine look like?

What are your goals?

A short answer is that 1400 calories is probably too lite.

Hell no, you will never gain any significant weight eating in deficit.

You can build LEAN MASS by eating in caloric equilibrium where your body has just enough calories for supercompensation but not enough to add to fat stores. I think for most of us however, it is just easier to eat a little more than needed just to make sure your eating enough. If you gain 20 lbs of muscle, and 5 or 10 pounds of fat, you will still look much more impressive than if you had just put on 10 lean pounds.

Get to a bf% your happy with and then eat in surplus ASAP!

If you follow my log, I’ve steadily increased in strength for the past three years, while moving from 245 to 168.

That said, I wouldn’t say I have gained that much muscle compared to some. At my age I don’t expect to.

But look at Old Navy, he stays ripped all of the time and has hit some impressive numbers. But he is all natural.

jsir,

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but if you are eating 300 grams protein, 126 grams fat, and 145 grams carbs, then you are eating around 2900 calories a day, not 1400.

-Jeremy

[quote]suruppak wrote:
jsir,

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but if you are eating 300 grams protein, 126 grams fat, and 145 grams carbs, then you are eating around 2900 calories a day, not 1400.

-Jeremy[/quote]

I noticed this, too. 300 grams of lean protein is 1200 calories by itself. The math doesn’t add up.

mmhmmm indeed. make sure the calories are correct, sir.

listen to the advice though. caloric surplus need not be extravagant to promote lean mass gain without spilling over into fat stores,

besides, you wont be able to train sufficiently on a caloric deficity, without chemical assistance, to enable a significant growth in lean mass

youre building your body. your exercises are migrant workers, the weights are their tools, your brain is the manager, but the building blocks are your macros, man

hey guys, im new so hello to all and pls be gentle !

iv been reading alot of threads and researching about oral cycles, i no there not really practical on there own but unfortunatly there are 2 things in life which scare the shit of me(it was 3 things but we split up!)

1. is dentists and
    2.yup…u guessed it,needles!! i mean ‘scream like a girl’ scared, then eyes in the back of head and gudnite vienna!
    which puts me in a predicament,orals only!!

iv done a low dbol test, mainly going on a friends advice before reseaching so was abit naive maybe. was only doing 10mg a day with results, nothing special but more than satisfactory!
iv read up on oral only cycles and pct and think i have a gud idea of what im going to do, again with dbol.
i no if i make good gains im likley to lose large amounts of that, but how can i minimise this, will nolva and clomid on pct help me keep gains or is there anything i can do/take between cycles to keep as much as possible??
im thinkin 5-6 weeks on and off!

What would you suggest me?