Can You Cross Your Legs?

I was wondering if it is a weird thing that I can’t cross my legs? Is this because my thighs are too big (they don’t seem that big)? Maybe a lack of mobility? Hip geometry?

Maybe it is normal for someone who trains legs consistently?

I can cross the more open way that doesn’t crush nuts, but I can’t do the Sharon Stone cross.

Who here can or can’t do this?

Bro I can barely cross my knees. I blame my hyoooge package for getting in the way.

Okay seriously though, I can barely get my knees to cross like this. I think it’s mostly due to hip geometry and thicc ass thighs.

1 Like

That Sharon Stone picture surely makes it harder (pun intended).

I was always under the impression most guys can cross their legs like in the picture (maybe a bit uncomfortable on the goods, but they could do it). I tried to do it today, and wasn’t even close to getting in that position.

1 Like

I can’t. I think it’s an age thing. The older you get, the more your leg crosses start to look like the picture posted.

1 Like

I doubt anyone here can’t cross their legs because they’re too big. It’s likely a mobility issue.

3 Likes

Could be. It doesn’t seem to impact anything besides sitting like that though. So no big deal.

It is interesting what @wanna_be said about old dudes seeming to be able to do it. I would think their mobility wouldn’t be great? Also generally less muscle.

Maybe wore out hips

Just tried it, thighs are too thick and my balls get in the way, :laughing:

1 Like

Yes, I do 30 second Sharon Stones at the end of my leg day for some HIT work.

1 Like

I can do it pretty easily…and have weak ass legs :joy: always thought I had poor hip mobility though

1 Like

I’m not going to say you’re wrong, but better mobility wouldn’t stop my thighs from getting in the way of crossing my legs. Its literally the thigh meat, potentially combined with narrower hips.

My thighs also rub together like they’re trying to jumpstart a friction fire so I’m sure that doesn’t help lol

1 Like

Basically every pair of pants I have owned over the last 15 years has worn out only in the taint / back of balls area. Maybe narrow hips? Maybe that in combination with sorta bigger thighs? IDK?

3 Likes

Same, you can see it coming too but there is nothing to be done about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, my thighs rub together so this happens to me reliably.

As to crossing my legs, the answer is sort of. I can get one leg over the other and there is no daylight between them. However, my upper leg is externally rotated at the hip a good amount. Also, my knees aren’t crossed. Maybe that is the dividing line. Can you cross your legs in such a way that your left knee is to the right of your right knee (or vice versa if your other leg is on top)? If that is the criteria, it’s a no from me.

1 Like

That’s the criteria. I can do the cross where my ankle kinda did above the other leg’s knee.

Mine too, sucks haha. I’ve solved this by almost exclusively wearing hiking pants unless I need to “dress up”. I understand this is a luxury others may not be able to enjoy, but it’s awesome.

1 Like

What specific hiking pants do you wear? I have so far found no pants that survive more than a few months. I am open to most styles if they are reasonably comfortable and don’t look completely ridiculous (casual is fine).

1 Like

I have NEVER been able to cross my legs like that, even as a kid

2 Likes

Clearly you have long-standing mobility problems

Cross cross applesauce