Can We Now Trust Obama?

If you’re pimping “change”, and it’s evident that you’re just more of the same, then how can we vote for you?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
…a Black Supremacist Church…

now thats funny.

Their ideology of hate is funny to you? Sorry not to me.

the ideology of this whole “white people-hating” church is.[/quote]

Someone wanna find the video of the WHITE Catholic priest telling Fox to fuck off? He said what basically amounted to Wright not being a racist at all, his sermons being nothing like the one recorded and clipped, and that they were best friends who often vacationed together.

He again, told the Fox News Douche [reporter] what amounted to “fuck off.”

Get the fuck over Mr. Wright.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

There are tons more white people that are in the political media…who by everyone’s logic as of late…should be labeled racist along with Rev.Wright.[/quote]

I cannot think of tons of white people that have said equally racist comments as I have heard Wright say.

There was Don Imus that called the Rutgers team “nappy Headed ho’s,” but isn’t he a shock jock that has said much worse about less sensitive groups…and wasn’t he fired for that? And are his comments really comparable to Wright’s?

Geraldine Ferraro stepped down from the Hillary Campaign for saying “obama is where he is because he is black,” which ABC deemed: “racially charged remarks.” Again, is there really an equal comparison?

So, can you help me out and point out a ton of white people in the political media saying equally racist comments as Wright, specifically about black people? Moreover, where anyone one of them has been invited repeatedly by the white community to speak publicly after such comments and publicity?

After watching special’s on the Rev. Wright I have growned to respect the man. He served 6 years in our military, was a medical Doctor, and then served the poor urban Chicago community where they needed him the most. Some of the things he said were off mark, but dont judge a man by what he say’s as much as what HE DOES.

From 1959 to 1961, Wright attended Virginia Union University,[1] in Richmond. Inspired by President John F. Kennedy’s 1961 challenge to “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country,” Wright gave up his student deferment, left college and joined the United States Marine Corps and became part of the 2nd Marine Division with the rank of private first class.

In 1963, after two years of service, Wright then transferred to the United States Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, where he graduated as valedictorian.[10][6] Having excelled in corpsman school, Wright was then trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland where he graduated as salutatorian.[6] Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of President Lyndon B. Johnson (see photo of Wright caring for Johnson after his 1966 surgery). Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House awarded Wright three letters of commendation.[11][12][13]

In 1967 Wright enrolled at Howard University in Washington, D.C., where he earned a bachelor’s degree in 1968 and a master�??s degree in English in 1969. He also earned a master’s degree from the University of Chicago Divinity School.[6] Wright holds a Doctor of Ministry degree (1990) from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio, where he studied under Samuel DeWitt Proctor, a mentor to Martin Luther King.[14]

I think I like Reverend Wright. I’m extremely impressed by his accomplishments.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Would you trust a flip-flopping liar who sat front row at a Black Supremacist Church for 20 years? I sure as fuck don’t.

No…you don’t understand. Obama has stated that he was unaware of Wrights feelings.

He sat there for 20 years and never realized that Wright was off his rocker.

Just the sort of judgement you want our next President to have.[/quote]

Yup. How can he negotiate with guys like A-wanna-jihad if he can’t even figure out his whackjob pastor?

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
From 1959 to 1961, Wright attended Virginia Union University,[1] in Richmond. Inspired by President John F. Kennedy’s 1961 challenge to “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country,” Wright gave up his student deferment, left college and joined the United States Marine Corps and became part of the 2nd Marine Division with the rank of private first class.

In 1963, after two years of service, Wright then transferred to the United States Navy and entered the Corpsman School at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, where he graduated as valedictorian.[10][6] Having excelled in corpsman school, Wright was then trained as a cardiopulmonary technician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland where he graduated as salutatorian.[6] Wright was assigned as part of the medical team charged with care of President Lyndon B. Johnson (see photo of Wright caring for Johnson after his 1966 surgery). Before leaving the position in 1967, the White House awarded Wright three letters of commendation.[11][12][13]

In 1967 Wright enrolled at Howard University in Washington, D.C., where he earned a bachelor’s degree in 1968 and a master�??s degree in English in 1969. He also earned a master’s degree from the University of Chicago Divinity School.[6] Wright holds a Doctor of Ministry degree (1990) from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio, where he studied under Samuel DeWitt Proctor, a mentor to Martin Luther King.[14]
[/quote]

…then he went nuts.

It’s been Barack Obama’s reaction to this situation that calls into question whether Barack Obama is trustworthy.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

The only thing I defend is him being racist or his church being a “black supremacist” group. Which has led to this misconception that I…and others…agree with him because I defend him in that aspect only. He’s radical…not racist.

There are tons more white people that are in the political media…who by everyone’s logic as of late…should be labeled racist along with Rev.Wright.[/quote]

I’d disagree on whether or not Wright is “racist” - witness his theory on “left brained” white people and “right brained” black people and how they need to learn differently, etc.

Claiming such stark biological differences between the races - if done by a white person - wouldn’t even be questioned as racism. And the qualifier Wright puts on it by trying to say “the differences aren’t bad, they are just different” amounts to nothing more than a modern version of “separate but equal”.

That said, I don’t blame Wright. As wacked out and racist as he is, he is a known commodity. He’s been preaching his brand of theology for over 30 years - no surprises. I many not like him, I may disagree with him, but Wright isn’t Obama’s problem.

Obama is Obama’s problem. And Obama’s relationship with the known commodity of Wright - while trying to convince us all Wright is someone else for political convenience - has damaged his trustworthiness and his judgment, possibly beyond repair.

Snippets of speeches…are they unfair?

“It’s absolutely unheard of to repeat passages from famous speeches. In fact, I have a dream that we will not do that. Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask that the media stop replaying “snippets.” All we have to fear is repetition itself, because we are the people we’ve been waiting for to tear down that wall of endless repetition.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26302

“Let’s just hope President Obama pays closer attention during national security briefings than he did during 20 years of the Rev. Wright’s church services.”
— Ann Coulter

I saw part of the interview with Moyers and actually came away with a better impression than I previously had. It was good to see a larger “snippet” of his sermons than the 10 second sound bites that were played on the MSM. I would like to see more.

Perhaps he balances out his historical perspective in other sermons. We have seen him concentrate on the negative things the U.S. government has done in the past. Who can deny that there have been many such episodes?

I wonder if he ever praises the many good things that America represents as well?

On a side note, many of his past accomplishments and deeds are indeed admirable.

Didn’t you know? The USKKK of A (wherein white supremacy is planted) invented AIDS. But other than that, I’m sure the good reverend would gladly acknowledge the greatness of the country where he’s able to live in a $1.5mil house in a gated community.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
What is amazing to me is that the Obama and Wright admirers are still trying to convince us we didn’t hear what we know that we heard.

It’s over boys and girls…The entire country knows what Wright is about. The toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak and there’s no putting it back. We also know that Obama didn’t mind sitting there for 20 years and listening to Wrights racist rants…such as "The KKK of America. And “the US government spread AIDS into the black community”

Don’t insult our intelligence. Wright IS a racist of the first order and the fact that Obama said that Wright was like an “uncle” to him and sat there for 20 years listening to him is all the evidence that I need that Obama is either a closet racist himself, or…condones racism, or…didn’t have enough backbone to leave that Church.

That’s pretty much that…and no one can spin him out of trouble…NO ONE.

[/quote]

Smartest post thus far, IMO.

Agreed 100%

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
What is amazing to me is that the Obama and Wright admirers are still trying to convince us we didn’t hear what we know that we heard.

It’s over boys and girls…The entire country knows what Wright is about. The toothpaste is out of the tube so to speak and there’s no putting it back. We also know that Obama didn’t mind sitting there for 20 years and listening to Wrights racist rants…such as "The KKK of America. And “the US government spread AIDS into the black community”

Don’t insult our intelligence. Wright IS a racist of the first order and the fact that Obama said that Wright was like an “uncle” to him and sat there for 20 years listening to him is all the evidence that I need that Obama is either a closet racist himself, or…condones racism, or…didn’t have enough backbone to leave that Church.

That’s pretty much that…and no one can spin him out of trouble…NO ONE.

[/quote]

Right wing evangelical preachers are pretty racist and radical themselves…not all, but they’re out there. If anything, one could argue that traditionally religious views have a much greater influence on right wing policies than they do on left wing. So, if one is really that afraid about what Rev. Wright believes they should be equally, if not more so, concerned about the Republican party.

I have my concerns about Barack and Rev. Wright…I just hate hearing it from the right wing side, because it seems pretty hypocritical considering the pastors they’ve been supported by.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
After watching special’s on the Rev. Wright I have growned to respect the man. He served 6 years in our military, was a medical Doctor, and then served the poor urban Chicago community where they needed him the most. Some of the things he said were off mark, but dont judge a man by what he say’s as much as what HE DOES. [/quote]

I think he WAS possibly a good man and is now losing his mind in his old age!