T Nation

Can Treating Thyroid Fix Me?

Hi ,
I am 23 have been impacted by the post finasteride syndrome , crashed my testosterone to 427 ( although fluctuates all the time from 300 to 550) , my estrogen always hovers in 35-40 , I have the occasional Ice feet (not cold ,ICE) . My TSH was raised from 1.27 to 2.30 since quitting the drug . I have spent $10,000 on HRT and doctors .
Tried TRT in diffrent doses (80-160 mg per wk) with/without AI and never had any long term success all the benefits were temporary (Cannot control estrogen even on 80mgs per week) , also restarting with Nolva did not work ( T shot up to 1100 but E2 also to 71 and came back to current state within 2 weeks).
The only treatment I haven’t sought is thyroid (have always used ionized salt) .
My current symptoms : Occasional Ice feet , memory loss , depression , fluctuating mood , losing fat and muscle everywhere except midsection and ass , terrible sleep , reduced penis size , reduced testicle size , reduced sebum everywhere , Dryer skin )
I was a 23 year old with perfect health and no issues until finasteride and every issue started after quitting )
Could optimizing thyroid fix my issues , I am contemplating suicide because I can’t continue my education and my life is being destroyed right in front of my face . It can’t get any worse .
In your experience what sort of impact can fixing hypothyroidism have on T,E2 , DHT , testicle size … etc

PLEASE HELP , THIS IS MY LAST HOPE .

You will get better. That’s number one.

What makes you think it’s the thyroid?

Where do you live? Maybe we can maybe a recommendation on Dr. Finding the right Dr is key to help you.

You should get full labs? In case you did please post.

Total t
Free t
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Estradiol sensitive
TSH
Free t3
Free t4
Thyroid antibodies
Ferritin
Lipid panel
Metabolic panel
CBC
Dhea-s
Dht

Unless your thyroid was really bad then maybe it will have some impact on t levels. I mean u got folks with thyroid issues that have a TSH over 10.0

Once you get the labs you can make a plan to get better. Now if you were on trt before and did not do well that could be most likely from protocol and Dr knowledge.

We will help you.

Also read this