T Nation

Can Testosterone Levels be High with Low LH and FSH?

Just that question. Trying to figure if brain to sexual organs connection can be off due to low LH, FSH or if testosterone is high it automatically means LH/ FSH is sufficient even when low.

Exogenous test will tank LH and FSH to damn near zero (unless primary hypo, but nevertheless), LH and FSH production aren’t sufficient is that case to instruct the bodies to secret adequate amounts of intratesticular test production or (usually, there’s exceptions) spermatogenesis. Conversely, if there’s a problem with the testis themselves, the anterior pituitary will pump out more LH and FSH as they are screaming at the testicles to get to work, but nothing happens because there’s a problem with the testis thenselves.

You’re question doesn’t make sense. Why is the testosterone high, does the individual have a medical disorder.

If the individual is absent of any medical issue, has lowish LH/FSH, but adequate fertility and high test (and feels good), then no, it isn’t a problem, however I don’t think this would be a common scenario.

My situation is a bit complicated. I am one of the unlucky ones who has Post finasteride syndrome. Will probably enter an existing lawsuit very soon. I thankyou in advance if you have the patience to read through. :slight_smile: I am mostly affected by two cycles of Finasteride in two different instances. I also took M1T prohormone once and was told no PCT was necessary ( i was young and naive). M1T gave me testicular pain and i felt a slight shrinking. To this day i am very sad i never did PCT. Finasteride on the other hand wreaked havoc. (Severe ED as soon as on the second cycle, second dose that never subsided, litteraly one day to the next, it was that potent.)

I had blood work where testosterone, free testosterone, bound, SHBG, prolactin were all in good range so that couldn’t explain my symptoms. (perhaps DHT values could since finasteride desensitizes mostly DHT but this i just did bloodwork and waiting for results) However one thing i DID notice was that my LH and FSH were at the complete bottom of the range. (range: 1 U/L to 9U/L) both LH and FSH are at 1.5 in average. Asides from DHT that could be deficient on which im waiting results, the only explanation i have so far for my brain to sexual organs connection issues (no libido, weak to no erection only with high atrraction and physical stimulation ), zero spontaneous erections, morning wood, low mental energy,) Would be the low signal from my pituary gland. My estrogen levels are optimal as well,i had that checked. So i’m confused. I want to try/experiment clomid to maybe trick/ reeducate my brain to kickstart signal again because at this point i am desperate.