Can Testosterone Cause Tendon Pain?

Hello everyone! I’m 43 and have been working out for the past 3 years, as well as play basketball pickup games for 2 hours/day, twice a week. Fist I should say I’m not a body builder, Ive been doing P90x, mainly to lose weight, build some muscle and stay in shape. Also I should say, Im taking prescription testosterone cypionate 200mg/2 weeks so a pretty low dose. Everything was fine until last spring when I decided I would play in a softball league - easy stuff compared to working out and 2 hrs of constant running in basketball right?

Well the whole bit of warming up then sitting around then suddenly sprinting or swinging the bat (not to mention the 100+ swings of batting practice on a regular basis) etc took its toll on my elbows. I’m 99% sure I have distal bicep tendonosis, as the pain is on the top of my elbow, and in the crease. After working out or basketball, it pretty much has a dull pain on both arms. after stretching it out the next day, I can function pain free except when I try to work out. Curls KILL. Pull ups are somewhat painful so I just limit the number to 8 or 10. Pushups are fine, as well as most tricep exercises. Its the motion of a curl that really stresses it so I really only do 20% of the weight I usually work out with.

So its rest that will fix it you say? Last summer I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I had a total of almost 4 months off from working out, so my tendons had plenty of time to heal. When I started working out again, they were no better. I tried taking glucosamine chondroitin (3k/day) but it hasnt done much. I have read that some suggest glucosamine chondroitin MSM, so maybe that will work? Can anyone suggest a vitamin or legal drug or some other alternative that may put me on the path to recovery?

Google eccentric training for tendon recovery.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Google eccentric training for tendon recovery. [/quote]

DEFINITELY!!

Do you take an AI with your TRT? When my AI dosage is too high, my elbows start to hurt, followed by my wrists, and then my costal cartilage.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Eccentric Exercise This might help

[quote]Test Icicle wrote:
Do you take an AI with your TRT? When my AI dosage is too high, my elbows start to hurt, followed by my wrists, and then my costal cartilage.[/quote]

No AI. Although last year, around the same time of the initial injury, I was taking a natural AI. I didn’t even finish the bottle tho, as I couldn’t tell the difference and thought it may have contributed to the problem, could it have? I guess I’m also wondering if my low dose of 200mg every 2 weeks would even be enough to cause tendon issues? or at this point, is causing them not heal?

Ive seen some posts about Deca, but Im not sure that my test dose is high enough to warrant Deca, and I doubt my Dr would prescribe it anyway :frowning:

[quote]AzCats wrote:

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Eccentric Exercise This might help[/quote]

Actually my triceps feel great, and I can do tricep exercises and pushups at full strength. Pull ups at a lil less than half strength and curls kill…

The eccentric movement, for me would be like 5lbs curls, fast on the upward movement but very slow on the downward movement? Would that be palms up or more like hammer curls?

My last blood results just came back, and my testosterone is at 991, is that too high and could it be causing my bicep tendons to heal slowly? Also, if it makes any difference, my luteinizing hormone is at .3 and .7, both which show low on my report.