Can Squat, Can't Deadlift

Not sure what it is but whenever I dead lift even 135, there is a pain in the area which the box covers on my diagram. Also to add to this, even the smallest weight on the deadlift, my abs contract a lot, mostly feel the lower region of the abs.

I am quad dominant so I do lean a bit forward when doing a squat. The pain sometimes arises when I press on my heels. But I am still able to squat fairly heavy.

The other thing is when I do have a heavy weight on me, while doing shrugs or heavy squats, it feels like the area that I have highlighted on the left starts hurting, its near/just above the glute i think. Basically I have to wait 5/10 seconds before the pain goes away from using the heavy weight.

Also, I can not sit upright too long such as sitting upright in the car, I have to have the seat slanted quite a bit to relieve the pain.

I’m going to a chiro in 2 weeks, in the meantime I just want to know if anyone has had experience or knows to to fix this.

Cliffs:
Pain when deadlifting(see image)
Pain when loading a lot of weight on shrug, bent over row, squat(see image)
Cannot sit up straight for too long.

Doctor or Phiso.

slight scoliosis IMO. the reference to the “left side” almost has to point to that IMO.

just enough to tweak your back when you lift heavy.

go to the chiro and have him cvheck you out, ask him to do a scoliosis exam too.

You are quad dominant squating because you lean forward?

err not lean forward, meant it like I put weight more forward on the foot.

I took a proactive approach today and made a 2 hour session to re-learning the squat. I noticed that I sort of “loosen up” when hitting near parallel and start to shift weight to the front of the foot.

So I set up a box that’s a bit below parallel and concentrated on getting to my weak position and trying to hold it. This shits hard.

A gym acquaintance recommended a good chiro which used to do Oly lifting, so I’ll end up going there.

Lots of ham and calf stretching helped. not pain at this point. Could it just be my hams are too tight? or IT band?

I’d look into a art chiropractor. I feel and have heard from others most chiropracters just look at you as just dollar made. ART chiros usually are your best bet or a good physical therapist with background in sports/weightraining.

Can you do front squats fine? What about rack deadlifts?

Front squats are the same as back squats for me. Rack deads I think are the reason I’m in this position.

Anything resembling a deadlift is a no-no. Basically I can have my hips too far back.

Found a couple chiros which do art, gotta check out the prices.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
Front squats are the same as back squats for me. Rack deads I think are the reason I’m in this position.

Anything resembling a deadlift is a no-no. Basically I can have my hips too far back.

Found a couple chiros which do art, gotta check out the prices.[/quote]

Would you say you had great form or were you just winging your form most the time? if you could post sum videos I’m sure that would help