T Nation

Can Someone Recommend a Dip Belt?

I’m hesitant to buy a junky dip belt that breaks

are there any good ones that can handle up to like 100 lbs?

[quote]fr0gger666 wrote:
I’m hesitant to buy a junky dip belt that breaks

are there any good ones that can handle up to like 100 lbs?
[/quote]

efs has a few…

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=1784

I’d second the spud one, they make some tough stuff.

That said, most dip belts are made out of a piece of leather and a chain, they really aren’t all that easy to break.

I use my lifting belt with a piece of rope and a carabiner.

Why waste $$ ?
You can bulk as much as you need it seems to be trend.
Add 88, cut, repeat . . .

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Why waste $$ ?
Add 88, cut, repeat . . .[/quote]

Are you using some kind of crazy translator that’s making your posts come out like this?

[quote]bigscarymonster wrote:

[quote]BHappy wrote:
Why waste $$ ?
Add 88, cut, repeat . . .[/quote]

Are you using some kind of crazy translator that’s making your posts come out like this?[/quote]
He’s Canadian, eh. Apparently a skinny one at that, considering he’s hatin’ on bulkin’. Eh.

Dude, I seriously use a 1" cotton web strap with some dinky-looking d-rings on it. I’ve had at least a buck on it before. Don’t sweat it.

Eh.

I use the one they have at the front desk at the gym. Yours might have one, they might not. It’s worth asking

I absolutely LOVE my Ironmind dip belt. Did a lot of searching before I settled on that one, after previous bad experiences.

[quote]Halcyonview wrote:
I absolutely LOVE my Ironmind dip belt. Did a lot of searching before I settled on that one, after previous bad experiences.[/quote]

What’s a “bad” experience with a dip belt like? Why should I spring for an Ironmind belt versus, I dunno, the one at the local sporting goods store?

just buy a chain, upgrade it and put clips on each end. use it with lifting belt if things gets heavier.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

I absolutely LOVE my Ironmind dip belt. Did a lot of searching before I settled on that one, after previous bad experiences.[/quote]

What’s a “bad” experience with a dip belt like? Why should I spring for an Ironmind belt versus, I dunno, the one at the local sporting goods store?[/quote]

Leather dip belts frequently snap at the area where the chain attaches as weight attached approaches 100+ lbs. The chains can dig into your thighs and catch on clothing. Etc.

Never used an attachment to an existing weight belt though. Only “dip belts” whose sole purpose is for adding weight for dips and pullups.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

What’s a “bad” experience with a dip belt like? Why should I spring for an Ironmind belt versus, I dunno, the one at the local sporting goods store?[/quote]

Leather dip belts frequently snap at the area where the chain attaches as weight attached approaches 100+ lbs. The chains can dig into your thighs and catch on clothing. Etc.

Never used an attachment to an existing weight belt though. Only “dip belts” whose sole purpose is for adding weight for dips and pullups. [/quote]

I see, ok. So just shitty construction quality and bad design. That makes sense… I just didn’t know what to look out for. Thanks.

If you’re really afraid of that happening I’d say go with the spud inc one. It’s relativelybinexpensive and that thing sure as hell isn’t going to snap.

If you’ve got some money to spend, I’d recommend getting a hip squat belt. Won’t dig in, even weight distribution, more versatile, and way stronger than a dip belt.

If you don’t have a lot of money to spend, you can build one for fairly cheap. Easy enough to do if you have the skill.