Can someone help me achieve the results I want?

Hey all,

I am a 21 year old soccer player who is trying to go pro. Although I know most of you are hardcore lifters, I figured this was the best place to ask my question b/c you guys are very knowledgeable about obtaining results. I am 5’10" and 155-158 lbs however I want to GET MY ABS SHREADDED (very defined). I watch what I eat and do alot of cardio (play atleast 4 times a week) and lift when I can. I do ab exercises and they are strong but I think my diet needs to be modified. What diet -specific foods to eat/not and when - will help me?

If you are trying to turn pro, why are you worried about what your abs look like? If I were you, I would focus on performance for your sport. Anyways, your best bet would be to search the T-mag website, pick a diet from there and personalize it according to your goals.

Justin, half the battle is won. You have the desire, now you just need a plan. Coach Davies would be a great person to talk to about this … he trained Argentine soccer legend, Diego Maradona, so he’ll no doubt point you in the right direction.

He didn’t ask what will make him a better soccer player, although if he wants to go pro he probably should have. He asked how to reduce bodyfat to six pack level. Go back and reading John Berardi’s Massive Eating articles(one and two). When calculating caloric needs, instead of adding the cost of exercise into the equation, leave it out and multiply everything else by 0.85 for your total caloric intake. He explains it better in one of his Appetite for Construction columns.

you might want to try some of the meal principles from the massive eating diet. not nessecarily the entire thing, but try splitting your meals into protein/carb/no fat, and protein/fat/no carb meals. and also try doing a 4-5 major lift circut(squat, bench, pullups etc…) with no rest in between each set, 10-15 reps per set, 90-120 sec rest between each circut, repeat 2-3 times.

Some great advice already given, check out the Coach Davies training specific programs on his Renegade site, and do a search on t-mag site for Diet Manifesto, that will give you a variety to choose from as well as comments, on types of foods there was an article a couple of weeks ago (172)“foods that make you look good nekid”, that should help.

if coach davies trained the best soccer player of all time, he must be good.

Yes someone can and that someone YOU. Good luck.

Your desire to lose bodyfat is presumably of diet. I presume your training has been dedicated and focused towards your sport. With proper diet and supplementation you will be able to achieve your fat reduction. Careful review of your training must be done to ensure you are not starving your body of proper nutrition. In faith, Coach Davies