Can Ronnie Do It? - Olympia Thread

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Ronnie actually looks pretty dry in these photos… I cant see Jay winning if he looks like this tonight.[/quote]

ya jay seems a bit off vic looks superb

Top 3?

I keep reading about problems with Coleman’s lats & triceps but they never explain exactly what they are? Anyone know what they’re referring to? Also, you’re always so overwhelmed by RC’s upper body and quads but I’ve recently noticed, he has pretty weak calves.

I want to retract my statement somewhat as to Jay bringing his A game. If they judges had any guts to judge on what’s in front of them and not with the “he paid his dues” type of thing then in my opinion it would be Victor Dexter then Jay.

Ronnie looks like an absolute beast this year. There is no way he can get robbed this time.

Vic looks awesome!!! He’s definitely worthy of the Sandow!!

[quote]1morerep wrote:
I keep reading about problems with Coleman’s lats & triceps but they never explain exactly what they are? Anyone know what they’re referring to?[/quote]

If someone would be so kind as to post a back double bi shot of Ronnie from last night it would become pretty apparent. One arm is severely lacking in the tricep “drop” that the other has and this is likely from the bad tear he had some time ago. Same with the lat, the other is developed but one seems atrophied or unable to flex fully.

Yeah. All the front shots(of those posted on bb.com), I would say Ronnie is equally on par or surpassing the others(at least enough that it is a very close decision for the top 3) But, the back shots, Ronnie definitely appears lacking, weird asymmetry with his lats and triceps.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
I keep reading about problems with Coleman’s lats & triceps but they never explain exactly what they are? Anyone know what they’re referring to?[/quote]

i know they said he tore his tricep and im not positive but i think someone said he tore his lat as well. all injuries from overuse

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
Yeah. All the front shots(of those posted on bb.com), I would say Ronnie is equally on par or surpassing the others(at least enough that it is a very close decision for the top 3) But, the back shots, Ronnie definitely appears lacking, weird asymmetry with his lats and triceps. [/quote]

totally agree his back looks a bit small compared to his arms

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

i know they said he tore his tricep and im not positive but i think someone said he tore his lat as well. all injuries from overuse[/quote]

It’s a risk these guys knowingly accept, the way to be the biggest thickest guy is to train with insane weights and with that comes possible injuries. If you play it safe like Jay and others(how much better is he really than 6 or more years ago) you will likely stay more injury free but not make the gains like the other guys. Dorian faced this problem as well but smartly ducked out before he could do too much damage.

I wonder if these injuries from their very heavy lifting for high reps cause the injuries, not just from overuse at a high intensity, but from the fact that their tendons, joints, and ligaments aren’t necessarily up to the steroid-induced strength levels.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
I wonder if these injuries from their very heavy lifting for high reps cause the injuries, not just from overuse at a high intensity, but from the fact that their tendons, joints, and ligaments aren’t necessarily up to the steroid-induced strength levels.[/quote]

thats what i meant heavy weights

My personal thought is the style of training of most of the guys, quick choppy reps done in the midrange of the movement with heavy weights is very dangerous. You do bench presses with 495 for 8 reps like that and then rep 9 goes down but because of fatigure you actually get into that deep stretch and POW you are hoping you have a good spotter cause you just tore your pec.

Couple that with blasting drugs sometimes and yes your body might not be totally caught up to the wieghts you are using. And on top of that put the normally 300 lb offseason beast down to 255 carb depleted trying to still lift heavy and you have a recipe for disaster. TONS of injuries happening lately and it seems to be far more than years past.

I don’t think Ronnie deserves to be in the top 3. Victor looks amazing, not much difference form last year though. And its Same with dexter. Dennis wolf though, He deserves the sandow. His shoulders are melons, his lats are wide and his back thickness has improved, and best of all it doesn’t seem like he’s got that long torso look anymore.

He might make top 5 because as someone said, he hasn’t paid his dues yet. On another note Sergey Shelestov, that hyped up russian fella, doesn’t look good at all. he’s big but his forearms are laughably small and his conditioning is lacking. I wouldn’t even place him top 20.

http://www.mr-olympia.eu/callouts/

Just awesome.

So who won…?

On a personal note, I hit 485 in the dead today for a new PR. While it might be weak, I’m new to this PL game and periodization. It was good to get close to 500 though. I’m 180 lbs…so I have to get stronger for that weight.

Ronnie will not win. He doesn’t look so good and Jay is holding water. I’m predicting Victor Martinez.

Ronnie Coleman - 2007 Mr. Olympia Prejudging
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=K7CSZMOZ

Jay Cutler - 2007 Mr. Olympia Prejudging
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=0ET1O0OG

Victor Martinez - 2007 Mr. Olympia Prejudging
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=IQBEF05B

Dennis Wolf - 2007 Mr. Olympia Prejudgin
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=44IE934L

Dexter Jackson - 2007 Mr. Olympia Prejudging
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=DSBHZL05

Going by the Olympia Virtual Callout page, I’ve actually gotta give it to Ronnie this year. Everyone looks amazing until you click “callout” with Ronnie next to them, he just dominated everyone size wize and with leanness.

His Biceps are absolutely unmatched and it looks like he did his job and leaned out a little more.

His left lat is a little weird and his left tri is a little smaller than the right, but as a total package, he wins it in my mind.