Can Read But Can't Train?

In the past couple of days I’ve had 4 different guys approach me and ask me if I knew about T-Nation/Biotest supplements.

Initially I thought this was pretty cool, but now that I think about it, these were all untrained-looking 130-150 lb dudes.

I guess they read the site but don’t actually train? Why were they interested in the proteins then?

Now I’m thinking about all the members on here who talk shit but don’t put any pictures up… they probably fit the same fucking bill.

Damn. WTF. I didn’t think of TNation as a “secret” or anything like that but come on, at least hit the damn gym. No, walking past one doesn’t count.

PS: If one of you guys are reading this (NYC), put some weight on before you come see me again, or I will publicly humiliate you.

Just take a deep breath. Everythings gonna be ok.

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:

PS: If one of you guys are reading this (NYC), put some weight on before you come see me again, or I will publicly humiliate you.[/quote]

Why not try and help them?

Are they not coming up to you asking your opinion on things?

Maybe “hey what are your goals? Maybe I can help.” would be better than “Fuck you newb you dontz liftz za weightz, brah.”

IDK, I was a skinny kid once too.

This is twice in a day I’ve agreed with you beans.

I think the information era can have a kind of crippling effect on ones training sometimes, I have to work hard not to change routines every time an article is posted etc.

PS: If one of you guys are reading this (NYC), put some weight on before you come see me again, or I will publicly humiliate you.[/quote]

Why so negative? Did those guys come at you the wrong way or something?

Everyone was newbie at one point in their lives. I don’t see a problem with educating people and getting more people into the sport/lifestyle.

the OP is clearly DA FUKKIN MAN.

He sure is dshroy did you see those bad ass fucking scars on his avatar! That mofo be looking scary must be battle wounds from his top secret missions. I had go change underwear after looking at his intimidating face.
Those steely eyes are cold as ice, what do they call the one thousand yard stare?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Maybe “hey what are your goals? Maybe I can help.” would be better than “Fuck you newb you dontz liftz za weightz, brah.”

IDK, I was a skinny kid once too. [/quote]

One of the four was open to help and generally not a bad dude. The other 3 had a piss poor attitude… like they were 250 lb beasts and knew everything/their shit didn’t stink.

Thats what pissed me off more than anything, coupled with the fact of what I mentioned earlier (read tnation but don’t train?) Is that what populates the message board now?

For the record I didn’t “Fuck you newb you dontz liftz za weightz, brah.” at all, don’t see where you got this from?

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

Why so negative? Did those guys come at you the wrong way or something?

Everyone was newbie at one point in their lives. I don’t see a problem with educating people and getting more people into the sport/lifestyle.[/quote]

Read my reply to beans. When I was a buck 40, I politely asked questions to the bigger dudes and tried my best NOT to get in their way and piss them off.

Everyone was newbie at one point in their lives. I don’t see a problem with educating people and getting more people into the sport/lifestyle.

I see a problem with people who are supposedly educated and think they know more than me but don’t look like they’ve trained a day in their lives.

[quote]dshroy wrote:
the OP is clearly DA FUKKIN MAN. [/quote]

Thank you! I have to bring this back, its been too long. Shit, I think last time was at the Iced Earth show in Times Square.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
He sure is dshroy did you see those bad ass fucking scars on his avatar! That mofo be looking scary must be battle wounds from his top secret missions. I had go change underwear after looking at his intimidating face.
Those steely eyes are cold as ice, what do they call the one thousand yard stare?[/quote]

I hope you are brolic.

Say man your initial post came off bad. Then you have an avatar showing where your chic scratched you. It came off spewing as man this pole beans are idiots man maybe you did not mean it but thats the way it came off homeboy. Any who what is brolic? Im not cool enough too know slang?

“that damages our TNation brand, which is weight lifters and bodybuilders that are a little more evolved, a little more secure than the average stuffed derma.” - TC

Obviously not talking about clothing here, but I’m imagining what TC’s face would look like if he ran into these guys too. “This is who use our site? There goes the TNation brand!”

jre, I can barely make sense off your post.

"Say man your initial post came off bad. Then you have an avatar showing where your chic scratched you. "

I changed my avatar a long while before I created this topic, so you have your timeline mixed up. Also, my chick did NOT scratch me.

“It came off spewing as man this pole beans are idiots man maybe you did not mean it but thats the way it came off homeboy.”

Homeboy? Since when am I a homeboy? Nowhere did I call beans an idiot.

“Any who what is brolic? Im not cool enough too know slang?”

I guess not.

BTW, this posting without pics of yourself up shit is annoying as hell on this site. I’m ignoring you from here on out. Good luck.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

IDK, I was a skinny kid once too. [/quote]

One of the four was open to help and generally not a bad dude. The other 3 had a piss poor attitude… like they were 250 lb beasts and knew everything/their shit didn’t stink.

Thats what pissed me off more than anything, coupled with the fact of what I mentioned earlier (read tnation but don’t train?) Is that what populates the message board now?

For the record I didn’t “Fuck you newb you dontz liftz za weightz, brah.” at all, don’t see where you got this from?[/quote]
I read TNation but don’t train. What’s your point? I enjoy the friendly banter in these forums, especially in the baseball and football threads.

Well you got your panties in a bunch huh? Like I said you came off looking like “hey man Im too big to be bothered by you” on your “initial post”. I dont post pics of me on any site on the internet, you should heed that advice as well.
Good luck on not getting your panties in wad next time a puny male ask for some advice.

Funny. Newbs dont talk to me like their shit dont stink. Maybe you dont look as good as you think you do and that’s why you arent met with the humility your perception expects.

most of the targeted market-share by T-Nation are skinny douches who want the magic pills that T-Nation makes, the small percentage of serious people on this site isn’t what’s going to make a huge profit.

just business.

Where did solidkhalid go? You out there snappy skinny kids in halve?

Most of the people Ive met who talk about T-Nation are really small. I do not tell them who I am though. I do listen to them talk about “rachet loading” and ramping, among other things. It is weird to see. But, then again, everyone who posts here isnt a serious lifter. This is a free site and it is very popular. Typing in bicep workout in google will lead you to bb.com or here usually…

This is a site FOR recreational lifters. The internet in general is for the recreational lifter. I will bet most of the dudes here got big or strong…lean or whatever their ideal is by watching people in gyms…not typing on a forum.

I havent read an article or training related post here in a long time. I dont need to, I hire trainers or just hook up with the big boys in my gym if I want progress.

I’m sure the authors know who reads this site and in my opinion that is the crowd they want…the spenders, not the guys who meet their nutritional needs daily with food and do not rely on supplements…

ehhhh just rambling

And that’s a statement coming from our friendly vampire who has an experience of hundreds of years in this subject.

funny thing is the obnoxious quantity of charlatans in this business and people who blindly follow them like sheep even when they have the god damn proof in front of their eyes.(no, the guy with 15’ arms probably don’t know how to get you to 20’ arms, if he would he wouldn’t be skinny)