Can Partially Torn RC Heal on Its Own?

if so how long? and should i stop all exercises or only pushing?
doing squats hurt because the bar is pushing on my shoulder so cant do best leg exercise :confused:

i felt weakness immediately while doing lateral raises

at the moment i have really mild pain its just mainly the discomfort feeling on top of my shoulder
i have taken nearly a month off and trained lightly only twice in the first 2 weeks of injury.

Its not the tear as much as the impingement that potentially cuased it that is worth getting surgery to fix. The tear depending on the size should really be addressed. If it is tiny maybe not… If you have a spur or decreased space between your ac process and your humerus then I would suggest getting it fixed so that you can save yourself from futher issues going forward. Go at least get an MRI if you havent already and ask an Ortho would their opinion is.

[quote]Swolle wrote:
Its not the tear as much as the impingement that potentially cuased it that is worth getting surgery to fix. The tear depending on the size should really be addressed. If it is tiny maybe not… If you have a spur or decreased space between your ac process and your humerus then I would suggest getting it fixed so that you can save yourself from futher issues going forward. Go at least get an MRI if you havent already and ask an Ortho would their opinion is.[/quote]

thanks for sharing the advice… gosh i hope i dont need surgery, do u think an ultrasound first would be suitable becus MRI take long to get.

u havnt said anything about rC able to heal itself so im guessing they can’t :frowning:

Yes and No… Depends on where the tear is located and how big. Ultrasound won’t give a very accurate view… Even an MRI isnt perfect. But significantly better than an ultrasound. Are you in Canada? Must be if youre worried about an MRI.