Can Only Shake My Head

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Carbon-12 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
This man should be targeted for extermination.

Fuck it, I’m buying a seeing eye dog and a midget.

The quote under that guy says another thing about the state of our population, the fact that he sees himself as pretty healthy. Now, I realize that even though T-Nation may be a little extreme, I would have a hard time finding anyone with any sort of knowledge who would find a someone in that physical state healthy. The absence of disease does not necessarily mean the presence of health.

But he can walk. He is not crippled or diseased, he is just lazy. People like this should be removed from the gene pool. People catering to this kind of crap should be beaten with a spiked bat.[/quote]

I agree. The funny thing is that he’s a truck driver who sits on his ass all day when he’s not…sitting on his ass.

I hate these fucking tools. They need to just get a spinal block for a week and maybe learn to appreciate what they have.

There seems to be a growing split in our nation between fit and obese - that middle ground of basically healthy seems to be disappearing. There was a short article in Time about people in their 70s and above (some in their 90s) who run marathons. And then you have relatively young people (these days, being in your 60s is “relatively young”) who can’t even walk to the fucking buffet! I have a feeling that I will need to continue working well into my 80s just to support all the fatties in scooters.

Anyone that lazy needs to have a body transplant with a REAL diabled person so that their otherwise worthless sack of tissue will be put to good use.

=D

[quote]4est wrote:
I hate these fucking tools. They need to just get a spinal block for a week and maybe learn to appreciate what they have.[/quote]

Right on, man. People who abuse it need to be taken out back and beat.

I’d give y’all my father’s address and let you guys beat on him if I didn’t believe it was wrong to encourage physical harm to someone, no matter how legitimate I may think it is. (He’s one of those fakers who doesn’t really need one!)

[quote]4est wrote:
=D[/quote]

Great pic!

Im speechless, I really am. We are quietly mocked by the rest of the world because of stuff like this.

[quote]Nicholas F wrote:
Im speechless, I really am. We are quietly mocked by the rest of the world because of stuff like this.[/quote]

shit, sometimes not so quietly. struggling to find a bright side but at least we’ll look better ?? yea i know, better to who but you know what i mean. T-Nation > lazy fucks

I agree, I’m not going to claim that I have never used a scooter (which I don’t need one). I have, on the occasional late night trip to the grocery store have pulled the scooter off the back of the car and took a fun trip around the store.

Don’t get it mistaken, I just got done hiking the Grand Canyon (10 miles both ways). I’m not lazy, I just like to do stupid stuff.

I wonder what society in 100 years is going to look like. Nothing but blob like people relying on machines to drive them around. sickening.

The sad thing is, being fat is so common now, its almost accepted to be a fat lazy piece of shit.

I actually used one of these in a supermarket when I was in college. I had worked out my calves so hard the day before that I was unable to straighten my legs and could only walk in a half-fetal position. I got a friend to drive me there since he wasn’t old enough to buy alcohol yet.

People gave me some nasty looks, think I was just some dumbshit kid riding around on an electric cart. Little did they know I was a dumbshit kid riding around on an electric cart for an actual reason.

its definately time for a selective “cull” of sorts.The current direction of the human race is embarassing.

Took my family to the Mall over the weekend. We saw this fat guy, probably in his mid 30’s attempt to get off one of these scooters and he fell flat on his face.

I could only think, what series of events lead this guy to think he could eat so much and move so little?

Sigh…no one should be avoiding movement at all costs. Where did we go wrong? A technologically advanced society and an active people does not have to be mutually exclusive. Health experts and people in the field are in the news every day lamenting and warning to move more and eat less. But it doesn’t seem to be working.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Sigh…no one should be avoiding movement at all costs. Where did we go wrong? A technologically advanced society and an active people does not have to be mutually exclusive. Health experts and people in the field are in the news every day lamenting and warning to move more and eat less. But it doesn’t seem to be working.[/quote]

Very true.

And I think it has to do with the ole’ immediate gratification principal.

For example:

Fat person works out. It’s difficult for him or her, and in general not much short term fun. Hence, no short term gain.

Fat person eats brownies. They taste really good, big short term gain. Fat person returns to eat more brownies.

Fat person gets fatter.

I think that’s how it works.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Sigh…no one should be avoiding movement at all costs. Where did we go wrong? A technologically advanced society and an active people does not have to be mutually exclusive. Health experts and people in the field are in the news every day lamenting and warning to move more and eat less. But it doesn’t seem to be working.

Very true.

For example:

Fat person works out. It’s difficult for him or her, and in general not much short term fun. Hence, no short term gain.

Fat person eats brownies. They taste really good, big short term gain. Fat person returns to eat more brownies.

Fat person gets fatter.

I think that’s how it works.[/quote]

Yeah. Delayed gratification doesn’t seem to be a principle most people grasp. Most people don’t make lifestyle changes unless they get a health scare. Only a small percentage do before that time and stick with it long enough to get some positive reinforcement from feeling and looking better. From what I’ve observed, if people can get to that point, they’re much more likely to make lasting changes.

and here i am using my legs like a sucker.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
ZEB wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

Very true.

For example:

Fat person gets fatter.

I think that’s how it works.

Yeah. Delayed gratification doesn’t seem to be a principle most people grasp. Most people don’t make lifestyle changes unless they get a health scare. Only a small percentage do before that time and stick with it long enough to get some positive reinforcement from feeling and looking better. From what I’ve observed, if people can get to that point, they’re much more likely to make lasting changes.[/quote]

I honestly don’t see this problem going away any time soon.

One generation of fat people instill bad eating habits and a zero training ethic to their children.

Maybe we should invest in these scooter companies…

[quote]4est wrote:
I hate these fucking tools. They need to just get a spinal block for a week and maybe learn to appreciate what they have.[/quote]

I think you are completely correct except for the week part. Make it a month or a year. Lazy, worthless fucktards.

Oxygen thieves the lot of them.