T Nation

Can Only Do One: Squat or DL?

due to my job and the stress on my legs i can only do one or the other…which would be best overall?SQ…DL…trying to get an opinion here thats all/…i work as a conductor on board trains. i spend about 30 hrs per week on moving trains which causes much stress on back,hips,feet etc…sooooo if i do both in a week or so i get veryvery sore and it takes a while to recover…am i trolling now???ive been a conductor for 23 yrs…

Squats, and I hate squats, and they’re my worst lift. Cycle between front and back squats though if you can.

Kinda confused on why you can do either but not both . . . you can’t alternate on different days?

[quote]cavalier wrote:
Kinda confused on why you can do either but not both . . . you can’t alternate on different days?[/quote]
x2

Doesn’t make sense to me.

^^^I agree ^^^

Alternate weeks…

What’s the nature of your injury? How many times a week can you train overall? What are you better built to do?

Need more information here.

Maybe you should consider addressing why your legs can’t handle the “Stress” of doing both lifts.

But I Really think your just trolling
There’s no way this is a serious inquiry
If it were, you would include things like your goals, how often you workout, full-body or split routine, etc.

Power Clean + Front Squat combo is my advice.
You should feel close to fainting if done with enough effort/enthusiasm.