Can Obama Save Harry Reid?

His next stop is Nevada, to try and save Dingy Harry as his poll numbers continue to plummet.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2434334/posts

Can Obama save Martha Coakley?

There’s your answer :slight_smile:

I think the real question is, Tarkanian or Lowden? lol

He doesn’t have a chance. I think the reason he’s screwed is because he as seen as one of the main senators trying to push the unpopular legislation of healthcare, since he is Democrat majority leader. His ‘negro comments’ don’t help either.

Get Harry Reid the fuck out of there, and hopefully we can get somebody tough to replace him as Senate Majority leader. Reid seems to be consistently outmaneuvered by the opposition party. Recall that the GOP never needed 60 Senate votes to get their fucking horrible bills passed. When Republicans passed Bush’s Tax Cuts for Millionaires bill early in Bush’s first term (you know, the tax cut that created all those jobs and really kickstarted the economy – yes that’s sarcasm) Republicans used the Reconciliation process (which only requires a simple 51 vote majority). But for some reason, idiot Dems took Reconciliation off the table as an option… I guess they don’t want anyone to think they’re big meanies. Dems need our own version of Tom DeLay (The Hammer) as Senate leader - someone who will kick ass, and take names later.

I’ve got my fingers crossed that Reid loses. I don’t blame him for all the problems that Senate Dems have, but replacing him will be a step in the right direction. Lets get a Schumer, Durbin or Leahy as Senate leader… somebody who’s less of a pussy.

Isn’t it great that we can agree? Dump Harry Reid!

[quote]K2000 wrote:
<<< Lets get a Schumer, >>>[/quote]

Please do.

I’m not certain why yet, but it is not giving me much joy watching the chaotic (albeit probably temporary) collapse of the left in this country.

[quote]K2000 wrote:
Lets get a Schumer[/quote]

Yes. I agree with you 100%. Please, Dear Lord, please put Schumer at the forefront of national media. Please give him absolutely as much exposure to the People as possible. If Dems have a majority in the Senate, then Schumer is who I want in charge.

Speaking of wishes for more media coverage, where the Hell is that vagina Joe Biden, anyway?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]K2000 wrote:
Lets get a Schumer[/quote]

Yes. I agree with you 100%. Please, Dear Lord, please put Schumer at the forefront of national media. Please give him absolutely as much exposure to the People as possible. If Dems have a majority in the Senate, then Schumer is who I want in charge.
<<< >>>
[/quote]

Absolutely.

[quote]K2000 wrote:
When Republicans passed Bush’s Tax Cuts for Millionaires [/quote]

Where do you get this nonsense? Let me guess, Chris Matthews MSNBC? I’m sick of people like you claiming that Bush only gave tax cuts to millionaires.

The Bush tax cuts effected every person who had an income. Furthermore, there was no higher percentage given to someone making 1 million dollars per year than a person making 50-k per year. That is true economic justice.

If a guy makes 50-k per year and had his taxes cut by 5% he’s saved $2,500. If someone made one million in one year he still saves the same 5% but his 5% is 50-k. What in the name of all that is good and holy is wrong with that?

Wow, someone please get these foolish liberals out of the way so that this country can actually move forward. I think Rush is right, liberalism is a mental disease.

Reid is fucked royally, he is in a much worse situation than Coakley was, and Lowden is kicking ass in the polls with Tarkanian not far behind. Obama goes to Nevada next month.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]K2000 wrote:
<<< Lets get a Schumer, >>>[/quote]

Please do.

I’m not certain why yet, but it is not giving me much joy watching the chaotic (albeit probably temporary) collapse of the left in this country.[/quote]

It will, it will, just keep watching. What I’m enjoying is watching Obama continue telling the people how much he’s fighting for their jobs. Honestly, the guys ego is so huge that he’s never going to understand or accept the fact that he’s W R O N G on just about every issue of the day. In fact, there is a complete disconnect. Did you hear him say that he just has to explain things better to the people, give more speeches. What about the 160 speeches that he’s already given his first year? He’s been in front of that camara more than any other President during their first year in office, by far.

But I think there’s a reason for this.

Obama really is the classic megalomania. This is a mind disorder which is characterized by feelings of omnipotence and grandeur. Watch him when he speaks, chin up in the air, swaggering around the stage. Talking about how people need to hear more of him and then they’d agree with him. This guy can do no wrong in his own mind. In his own mind people just need to listen to him so he’s going to be communicating even more. Actually blaming Bush for Coakly’s loss. WOW, this behavior is really classic megalomania.

It will be very interesting to watch him as each of his ultra-liberal moves fails and the democrats lose massive amounts of seats in both the house and senate this November.

"(Megalomania) “During the latter cycle, people often suffer delusions of grandeur and feelings of infinite capability. They talk about unrealistic plans and goals as if these plans and goals are within their grasp”.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Obama goes to Nevada next month.[/quote]

Lately “The One” has the Midass Touch-- everything he touches turns to shit.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Lately “The One” has the Midass Touch-- everything he touches turns to shit.[/quote]

“Hey you spelled Midas wr… oh I see where this is going.”

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m sick of people like you claiming that Bush only gave tax cuts to millionaires.
[/quote]

You’re right, some of us got a big 600 dollar tax rebate, in exchange for exploding the national debt.

WELL WORTH IT!!!

Remember how the Bush economy took off like a rocket, because of all that money trickling down?

LOL

[quote]K2000 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m sick of people like you claiming that Bush only gave tax cuts to millionaires.
[/quote]

You’re right, some of us got a big 600 dollar tax rebate, in exchange for exploding the national debt.

WELL WORTH IT!!!

Remember how the Bush economy took off like a rocket, because of all that money trickling down?

LOL[/quote]

First of all you got $600 back because you obviously made less than someone who was producing more for the economy and was compensated more for it? Where is the unfairness in that? There is none. PERIOD. So stop with MSNBC talking points they’re untrue, and really, really old.

Secondly, I never said that Bush was my favorite President far from it. He was not conservative enough, but in all fairness the guy did have two wars and an economic down turn to contend with. But, I’m not going to argue the virtues of the Bush Presidency in their entirety as I think he made many mistakes. However, that tax cuts were one of the things that he did correctly and FAIRLY.

When mindless liberals spout off the old talking point “tax cuts for millionaires” they are truly showing their complete ignorance and I’m sick of it, so get another talking point, or here’s an idea THINK FOR YOURSELF.

[quote]K2000 wrote:
because of all that money trickling down?

[/quote]

One more thing Mr. talking point. Ask yourself this, how does money get into the hands of people who have less skill, less ambition and less education?

Tell me.

Do you think it’s governments job to steal it from those who actually earned it?

Wrong!

It’s by money actually TRICKLING DOWN. If I’m in business and I am being taxed less I can open another factory, purchase more property and machinery and, here it comes: HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Some of those people might not be the sharpest or best in the work force, but when the economy is doing well MORE people are hired and thus those with less to offer have a better opportunity to work.

Those are the facts.

Now tell me if trickle down doesn’t work, what does? “Trickle up”? How exactly does money get into the hands of those who are less able?

There are only two ways:

1. Business expands because they have the money to do so or can borrow it.

2. Business STEALS it from those who have earned it and then passes it out to those who have not earned it. This deters business from expanding and people from working more and taking business risks with the money that they do have. Do you realize that currently only 40% of people pay income tax? How much lower would you (and obama) like that figure to go? Penalize people for making more money and you will drive that figure down.

What sort of country do you want to live in?

What sort of country will succeed better in the long run?

Finally, please tell me that you’re only in your early 20’s and just don’t know any better, because hard working adults who have been out of school for a good 5-10 years should really know better,unless of course you’re either a Professor, union head, teacher or just simply a run of the mill brain dead liberal.

Which is it?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
[It’s by money actually TRICKLING DOWN. If I’m in business and I am being taxed less I can open another factory, purchase more property and machinery and, here it comes: HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Some of those people might not be the sharpest or best in the work force, but when the economy is doing well MORE people are hired and thus those with less to offer have a better opportunity to work.
[/quote]

you don’t even have to be that ambitious. You could buy a new car, get a massage, take a cruise, build a summer home, etc. All of these things create jobs.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
[It’s by money actually TRICKLING DOWN. If I’m in business and I am being taxed less I can open another factory, purchase more property and machinery and, here it comes: HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Some of those people might not be the sharpest or best in the work force, but when the economy is doing well MORE people are hired and thus those with less to offer have a better opportunity to work.
[/quote]

you don’t even have to be that ambitious. You could buy a new car, get a massage, take a cruise, build a summer home, etc. All of these things create jobs.[/quote]

You are spot on. Liberals fail to realize that when more people are able to keep more of their own money they usually spend most or all of it on things that you’ve mentioned which helps push the economy to even greater heights. This also increases the tax base.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]dhickey wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
[/quote]

you don’t even have to be that ambitious. You could buy a new car, get a massage, take a cruise, build a summer home, etc. All of these things create jobs.[/quote]

You are spot on. Liberals fail to realize that when more people are able to keep more of their own money they usually spend most or all of it on things that you’ve mentioned which helps push the economy to even greater heights. This also increases the tax base.

[/quote]
It also allows dollars to track market demand. Artificial stimulus only tracks the demand of the power brokers. Which is more likely to produce long term employment? Letting dollars follow maket demand or creating a temporary stimulus in an arbitrary fashion?

How people cannot understand what you guys are talking about, especially since it was exactly that economic model that catapulted this nation to the top, is one of the great mysteries of all time.

It coaxes the best out of the largest number of people. The “compassionate” communist model force feeds the worst in human nature.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Lately “The One” has the Midass Touch-- everything he touches turns to shit.[/quote]

Hahah, perfect!