Can Marijuana Help California Economy?

Of interest to my fellow T-Nation stoners and those interested in economic recovery :slight_smile:
http://tinyurl.com/de526a

Maybe.

Even better than helping the economy recover would be just helping the worry-worts chill the fuck out.

I really liked the last paragraph. Judge Gray is a member of LEAP. www.leap.cc

Good luck CA

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Of interest to my fellow T-Nation stoners and those interested in economic recovery :slight_smile:
http://tinyurl.com/de526a[/quote]

Not really.

It already is produced and sold and taxes hurt the economy and do not help it.

It MIGHT save the budget but that is not helping the economy that is rewarding fiscal incompetence.

I’d gladly help stimulate their economy.

I think so, legalize, package it and tax the fuck out of it. Shit, there’s money to be made in that industry folks.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
tax the fuck out of it. Shit, there’s money to be made in that industry folks.[/quote]

and create another black market for weed? awesome.

If they legalize it, I think people will start to grow it at home. If people grow it at home it doesnt generate income for the state. Now, if you really want to fix Cali’s money problems but 4 Border Patrol Agents at every emergency room.

if they keep the tax at 50$ per ounce and not go over, i think thats low enough to keep any illegal market from opening up.

i just hope they make a THC Omega 3 Blend butter spread. or THC Fishoil capsul.

[quote]jawara wrote:
If they legalize it, I think people will start to grow it at home. If people grow it at home it doesnt generate income for the state. Now, if you really want to fix Cali’s money problems but 4 Border Patrol Agents at every emergency room. [/quote]

cool sounding idea. but void of any reason or logic. working in a san diego ER, ive seen just as many homeless and regular americans walk out on thier bills or be unable to pay them, than illegal aliens.

i cant imagine how much money we’d save if moron suburbanites would stop coming to ERs for colds, flus, head aches, chapped lips, and other assorted nonsense. Your “idea” will only hurt the BP more by requiring an bigger budget for a plan that will have no positive effect.

go talk to any high up or professional fundraiser in a health care corp. treating society’s indigent and poor population is always better in the long run than simply closing the doors on them. organization is the key to making that cost effective and efficient though, aka not our current system.

the convience of stable priced pressumingly adequatly potent pot would easily prevent people from growing it, the time and labor and organising and expertise for all of that…if you could just walk to 7-11 and buy it, why bother.

even as it stands, the vast majority of pot smokers purchase weed from dealers, not grow thier own.

theres no significant amount of regular smokers growing thier own.

but there is a decent sized community of homebrewers (homebrewer myself) but even 99% of homebrewers still buy commercial beer for that exact reason. also a lot of new homebrewers stop after a few years since the beer they make is never worth the time spent.

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
jawara wrote:
If they legalize it, I think people will start to grow it at home. If people grow it at home it doesnt generate income for the state. Now, if you really want to fix Cali’s money problems but 4 Border Patrol Agents at every emergency room.

cool sounding idea. but void of any reason or logic. working in a san diego ER, ive seen just as many homeless and regular americans walk out on thier bills or be unable to pay them, than illegal aliens.

i cant imagine how much money we’d save if moron suburbanites would stop coming to ERs for colds, flus, head aches, chapped lips, and other assorted nonsense. Your “idea” will only hurt the BP more by requiring an bigger budget for a plan that will have no positive effect.

go talk to any high up or professional fundraiser in a health care corp. treating society’s indigent and poor population is always better in the long run than simply closing the doors on them. organization is the key to making that cost effective and efficient though, aka not our current system.

the convience of stable priced pressumingly adequatly potent pot would easily prevent people from growing it, the time and labor and organising and expertise for all of that…if you could just walk to 7-11 and buy it, why bother.

even as it stands, the vast majority of pot smokers purchase weed from dealers, not grow thier own.

theres no significant amount of regular smokers growing thier own.

but there is a decent sized community of homebrewers (homebrewer myself) but even 99% of homebrewers still buy commercial beer for that exact reason. also a lot of new homebrewers stop after a few years since the beer they make is never worth the time spent.
[/quote]

Ever wonder why California is broke in the first place? I know its not the only problem but providing Medicade and Medical to people who have hardly payed into the system sure doesn’t help matters any. Plus, the the two times I went to the ER I saw illegals in there for minor stuff like colds so its not just the suburbanites.

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
if they keep the tax at 50$ per ounce and not go over, i think thats low enough to keep any illegal market from opening up.

i just hope they make a THC Omega 3 Blend butter spread. or THC Fishoil capsul.[/quote]

I’ve been looking for that :0

[quote]jawara wrote:

Plus, the the two times I went to the ER I saw illegals in there for minor stuff like colds so its not just the suburbanites. [/quote]

lol. Did you ask their status? Or could you just tell by your sixth sense?

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
PB-Crawl wrote:

i just hope they make a THC Omega 3 Blend butter spread. or THC Fishoil capsul.

I’ve been looking for that :0[/quote]

If “they” don’t make it boys, I’m sure you two will take advantage of that market :wink:

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
jawara wrote:

Plus, the the two times I went to the ER I saw illegals in there for minor stuff like colds so its not just the suburbanites.

lol. Did you ask their status? Or could you just tell by your sixth sense? [/quote]

Well the fact that they had to get them an interpritor was a big hint.

[quote]jawara wrote:
If they legalize it, I think people will start to grow it at home. [/quote]

And they could sell the stuff they don’t use themselves thus improving their economy.

If you smoke any of those Cali strains, you are already helping their economy. I do my best even though it is a little:)

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
jawara wrote:
If they legalize it, I think people will start to grow it at home.

And they could sell the stuff they don’t use themselves thus improving their economy.
[/quote]

Not if everyone can grow there own. If that happens it will be worth about the same as a bag of leaves. If I was pot smoker and it ws legal to grow it myself I would because I think I could do it better than most people and if I grow it myselfI know there’s no chemicals or additives in it. I think it’s just another case of supply and demand, the demand may go up a little but the supply will explode. When the supply goes up the price goes down.

[quote]jawara wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
jawara wrote:
If they legalize it, I think people will start to grow it at home.

Not if everyone can grow their own. If that happens it will be worth about the same as a bag of leaves. If I was pot smoker and it ws legal to grow it myself I would because I think I could do it better than most people and if I grow it myselfI know there’s no chemicals or additives in it. I think it’s just another case of supply and demand, the demand may go up a little but the supply will explode. When the supply goes up the price goes down.[/quote]