Can John Keep Drinking?

My friend BeefEater used to do the same thing twice every weekend. It took along time before he learned to enjoy just having 1 or 2 beers and not going apeshit on a case. But he did learn to do it.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
My friend BeefEater used to do the same thing twice every weekend. It took along time before he learned to enjoy just having 1 or 2 beers and not going apeshit on a case. But he did learn to do it.[/quote]

Is there a reason you didn’t just say it was you?

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Is there a reason you didn’t just say it was you?[/quote]

It is a lot easier to come out and say stuff like that when you know other people have similar issues and aren’t going to just judge you.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

It is a lot easier to come out and say stuff like that when you know other people have similar issues and aren’t going to just judge you. [/quote]

<----- still does not understand that whole “feeling judged” thing.

Must be a terrible thing indeed.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

It is a lot easier to come out and say stuff like that when you know other people have similar issues and aren’t going to just judge you. [/quote]

[/quote]

It is, and it is a hold over from pre-teen and teenage need to conform. Compounded now a-days with the “everyone is a special snowflake and gets a trophy, yet is completely equal at the same time” cluster-f.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[/quote]

It is, and it is a hold over from pre-teen and teenage need to conform. Compounded now a-days with the “everyone is a special snowflake and gets a trophy, yet is completely equal at the same time” cluster-f. [/quote]

Could you please judge me in a very bad way, I want to know what that feels like.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[/quote]

It is, and it is a hold over from pre-teen and teenage need to conform. Compounded now a-days with the “everyone is a special snowflake and gets a trophy, yet is completely equal at the same time” cluster-f. [/quote]

Could you please judge me in a very bad way, I want to know what that feels like. [/quote]

You have to give a shit. So it won’t work.

Back on topic, I just can’t take Gin, my friend has tried many times and just can’t do it.

Everyone judges people in one way or another, its obvious it was him anyway, why not just say it although it doesnt really matter. There is a simple solution to this problem anyway, if you go out to have 5 drinks, then have 5 and dont have anymore, somewhere between getting up, getting your wallet and walking to the bar have abit of willpower and just stop.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[/quote]

Could you please judge me in a very bad way, I want to know what that feels like. [/quote]

Haven’t you had enough already when most call you an asshole or a misogynist or how you are being so mean to some of the women here when you are just being objective and/or a rational?

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Everyone judges people in one way or another, its obvious it was him anyway, why not just say it although it doesnt really matter. There is a simple solution to this problem anyway, if you go out to have 5 drinks, then have 5 and dont have anymore, somewhere between getting up, getting your wallet and walking to the bar have abit of willpower and just stop.[/quote]

See OP, there is the answer for your friend.

He just gets 5 chips or so and places them in front of him on the bar or the table and removes one whenever he gets a drink.

No chips, no drink.

There, he can determine beforehand how many drink he will have.

Made me think of this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/quitting_drinking?id=4445715&pageNo=0

I, I mean, a friend of mine named DaMonty, used to have a significant binge drinking problem that precipitated the above thread. The first post isn’t very descriptive but there’s a good breakdown of DaMonty’s problem on the second page and some good discussion.

Long story short, I, I mean, DaMonty, will be two years sober at the end of April, with no regrets.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[/quote]

Haven’t you had enough already when most call you an asshole or a misogynist or how you are being so mean to some of the women here when you are just being objective and/or a rational?
[/quote]

Um, was I being judged?

That was not so bad.

Where is the problem?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:
Everyone judges people in one way or another, its obvious it was him anyway, why not just say it although it doesnt really matter. There is a simple solution to this problem anyway, if you go out to have 5 drinks, then have 5 and dont have anymore, somewhere between getting up, getting your wallet and walking to the bar have abit of willpower and just stop.[/quote]

He just gets 5 chips or so and places them in front of him on the bar or the table and removes one whenever he gets a drink.

No chips, no drink.

[/quote]

What does he really want someone to say, there is one way to not drink, that is to not drink. there is nothing any of us can do.

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

No chips, no drink.

[/quote]

What does he really want someone to say, there is one way to not drink, that is to not drink. there is nothing any of us can do.[/quote]

I dont know, there is one very profound thing I learned from Berardis Precision Nutition thing.

On the one hand the people he targets know all about nutrition.

On the other hand, that only works if you act on it day in and day out.

So in a way, sometimes surprisingly simple solutions that make you implement what you know are more important than what you know.

I think people waste time looking for the perfect answer instead of trying to implement the pretty good answer that they already have.

Insofar, Squats and Milk is pure genius.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Um, was I being judged? [/quote]
It could have been “discernment” instead of “judgment” but the emotional content was heavy on the side of those opposed to your approach so I went with judgment. [quote]

That was not so bad. [/quote]

No it wasn’t but it will probably be persistent and some people cannot cope being misunderstood/condemned for too long and still hold on to their center or feel solid. [quote]

Where is the problem?[/quote]

There isn’t one.

I guess there is a problem if one is part of the pack mentality where what others think and feel about one or how one is perceived by the group is very important.

Or as Counting Beans said: “You have to give a shit.”

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Um, was I being judged? [quote]
It could have been “discernment” instead of “judgment” but the emotional content was heavy on the side of those opposed to your approach so I went with judgment. [/quote]

That was not so bad. [quote]

No it wasn’t but it will probably be persistent and some people cannot cope being misunderstood/condemned for too long and still hold on to their center or feel solid. [/quote]

Where is the problem?[/quote]

There isn’t one.

I guess there is a problem if one is part of the pack mentality where what others think and feel about one or how one is perceived by the group is very important.

Or as Counting Beans said: “You have to give a shit.”
[/quote]

I still insist that being what I like to call “a stubborn asshole” goes a long way in keeping your frame.

It is possible NOT to be an asshole and still keep your frame.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
It is possible NOT to be an asshole and still keep your frame. [/quote]

Yup, but that special breed does it as a default position.

Damn I used to have Johns problem too. When i would blackout though i would do crazy shit fights, mad ramblings, police confrontation. I even “woke up” once hand cuffed to a hospital bed two police officers around me getting stitched up. How I finally got rid of johns problem was I quit drinking for like a year then when i drank again it didnt happen. I only drink once every 3-6 months now and i can drink as much as i want all night/morning without incident. I read somewhere about the chemicals in the body that metabolize alcohol and they are different chemicals depending on the frequency that one drinks, different chemicals change the affect of alcohol. Hope this helps john out.