Can It Really Be So Simple?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Why should someone like that be included in discussions or openly accepted here? [/quote]

They shouldn’t.

Now in my Avatar I look lean because I was coming off of doing H.I.I.T to try and get faster, which I still do from time to time. I am bulking up now though, and am around 200 lbs. Just so you guys dont think Im a hypocrite.

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
Now in my Avatar I look lean because I was coming off of doing H.I.I.T to try and get faster, which I still do from time to time. I am bulking up now though, and am around 200 lbs. Just so you guys dont think Im a hypocrite. [/quote]

LOL! don’t be so self conscious dude. I’ve got high hopes for you. Even though you showed up here acting like a juvenile ass, for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to write you off. Keep at it. You’ll be alright.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

LOL! don’t be so self conscious dude. I’ve got high hopes for you. Even though you showed up here acting like a juvenile ass, for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to write you off. Keep at it. You’ll be alright.[/quote]

not that my blessing means as much as yours (you’re one of the people who i pay more attention when i see it’s your post), but i second this thinking.

Thanks Guys. The reason I showed up acting cocky, is because alot of people title there Rate my Physique thread with a tentative little “Be gentle” and I felt that, thats not the attitude you need to be great. You need to be the type of person that declares a challenge, and lets it be known for accountability reasons.

Well what is the fact ? Are you talking about muscular energy output, or psychological ? And its not like the average Joe can actually measures this stuff scientifically. Its just a judgement call basically.[/quote]

True, but there are some obvious indications that people are not putting in enough.

If you are:
Not sweating
Looking around like a lost child
Talking to others
Not breathing heavily
or Not fighting to stay conscious,

then you probably aren’t pushing far enough.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
<<< if you want to be a bitch and quit after 5 reps when you know damn well you could do 10 >>><<<

<<< once again, if you dont know what lifting hard is then you probaly havent done it. give everything you have…its that fucking simple. its not a question, its a fact.

I agree if you don’t know what lifting hard is you probably haven’t done it yet. I said the same thing a different way. I also know that stopping at 5 when you’ve got 10 isn’t the same as stopping at 5 when you’ve got 6 or stopping at 10 when you’ve got 12. It’s also not ALL about short changing a set. Guys will inadvertently shift the tension around in response to the pain instead of savoring it in the muscles they’re after or lessen tension by speeding up the negatives to get the set over with, but still be able to feel ok about finishing it for instance.

I wasn’t jumping on you, but there are people convinced they are primitive specimens are training ferocity who believe that the fact they’re breathing harder than normal means they’re working hard.[/quote]

i see what youre saying. and still i think if youre someone who will go 10/12 theres times where youve gone 20/20 and vice versa. im not talking about those people though. im talking about the ones who go in and half ass shit and give some bullshit excuse. …well i couldve if/but… i fucking hate when.

quick example, the other day i was at the gym and after i ate, got on the bus, had my drink etc, i was like “damn im not feeling so pumped up” but i did my lifts anyway and got through the hardest ones, i skipped a couple hamstring exercises just to get the hell out but the thing is even though i was thinking of leaving i pushed myself to finish up another set and then finish up another workout.

i dont like going home and knowing i could have done more, even if i have to cut things out for the way im feeling or something i just like knowing that i did everything i could. “losers make excuses, winners make it happen”.

[quote]Legionnaire wrote:
triple-10sets wrote:
Well what is the fact ? Are you talking about muscular energy output, or psychological ? And its not like the average Joe can actually measures this stuff scientifically. Its just a judgement call basically.

True, but there are some obvious indications that people are not putting in enough.

If you are:
Not sweating
Looking around like a lost child
Talking to others
Not breathing heavily
or Not fighting to stay conscious,

then you probably aren’t pushing far enough.
[/quote]

yea those are some pretty obvious tell tale signs lol.
i mean theres no monitor you can strap on thats going to measure your intensity output vs. intensity potential but i think everyone knows whethere what they are doing is really giving what they have or not. i feel like im saying the same thing over and over now. you shouldnt need someone to describe what going all out is.

a workout should never be easy, every session should be as difficult or more difficult than the one before it. the difficulty is measured by a constant adjustment of increasing weight, reps, lowering rest, etc and it is up to you to overcome that difficulty each and every time. that way every day, every week you can say that youre stronger today than you were yesterday or last week and you can say it with confidence

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

That 145lber likely doesn’t care about lifting all that much, and has 3 months to look beach ready.-------in HIS EYES. Which may mean forget about legs, long as I have abs/arms/and chest with low bodyfat. Soon as the summer is over he stops lifting why? because he doesn’t feel like lifting anymore, RED ALERT!!!Theres nothing wrong with that!!! It’s their choice.

And it’s our choice to make a spectacle out of this individual. This isn’t Men’s Health even though some here really try hard to make it that way. This isn’t Jenny Craig where someone who doesn’t lift weights might be welcomed with open arms.

What is the point of this website if it is now OK to be just like most other barely mobile people in this country? Is it their choice? Yes. It is also our choice whether we accept it.

Why should I or anyone else here waste any time at all on someone who will stop training right after Spring Break? Why should someone like that be included in discussions or openly accepted here? [/quote]

Funny thing is I agree. Which is exactly the reason for the rant. I’m all for making fun of people, I’m all for screaming at people, bullying, flaming, whatever, and if you don’t want to accept it…COOOOOOLLL

However, Thats not what I see with this thread. I see bitching and whining. In which case even testosterone monsters when their cycle is low get sensative, but on this site it’s starting to get wayyyyyy too much.

Big guys laughing at small kids holding shoes is wonderful, but multiple threads of guys whining “why come everybody doesn’t just simply eat and lift?” is heart breaking and testosterone nutering. If people are going to bitch that much, they might as well take the time to understand other people’s circumstances. Hell the estrogen was already let out the bag.

Like someone else said earlier they have an 8 hour hard labor job, he just doesn’t have time or energy to go full bore training.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

That 145lber likely doesn’t care about lifting all that much, and has 3 months to look beach ready.-------in HIS EYES. Which may mean forget about legs, long as I have abs/arms/and chest with low bodyfat. Soon as the summer is over he stops lifting why? because he doesn’t feel like lifting anymore, RED ALERT!!!Theres nothing wrong with that!!! It’s their choice.

And it’s our choice to make a spectacle out of this individual. This isn’t Men’s Health even though some here really try hard to make it that way. This isn’t Jenny Craig where someone who doesn’t lift weights might be welcomed with open arms.

What is the point of this website if it is now OK to be just like most other barely mobile people in this country? Is it their choice? Yes. It is also our choice whether we accept it.

Why should I or anyone else here waste any time at all on someone who will stop training right after Spring Break? Why should someone like that be included in discussions or openly accepted here?

Funny thing is I agree. Which is exactly the reason for the rant. I’m all for making fun of people, I’m all for screaming at people, bullying, flaming, whatever, and if you don’t want to accept it…COOOOOOLLL

However, Thats not what I see with this thread. I see bitching and whining. In which case even testosterone monsters when their cycle is low get sensative, but on this site it’s starting to get wayyyyyy too much.

Big guys laughing at small kids holding shoes is wonderful, but multiple threads of guys whining “why come everybody doesn’t just simply eat and lift?” is heart breaking and testosterone nutering. If people are going to bitch that much, they might as well take the time to understand other people’s circumstances. Hell the estrogen was already let out the bag.

Like someone else said earlier they have an 8 hour hard labor job, he just doesn’t have time or energy to go full bore training.
[/quote]

i dont know if youre talking about me since i started this thread but im not bitching and whining. it was an assertion and realization that all this technical shit isnt anywhere near as effective old fashioned elbow grease. some is useful i agree, but when it gets people to thinking they need a PhD to lift its kinda crazy.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Airtruth wrote:

Why should I or anyone else here waste any time at all on someone who will stop training right after Spring Break? Why should someone like that be included in discussions or openly accepted here?

[/quote]

I had school and work. I still hit the gym because it was a priority to me. If that isn’t someone else’s top priority (and it wasn’t even my TOP priority), fine. However, that same person shouldn’t expect the same results if they don’t put the time in. The game doesn’t change because you might. It still takes superior effort and dedication to make the most progress and that is what is going to be professed to others.

You might be seeing so much “whining” (if that’s what it is) because it has actually gotten that bad here. The only reason we haven’t heard from more “I don’t want to gain much muscle” people is because we made fun of them enough a few threads back. Otherwise, no post about gaining muscle would be left alone as they try to let the world know how functional they are.

What you see as whining does seem to make some type of difference. Have you noticed how much these threads get read? No interest at all, huh?

If the basics were well understood, there would be no need for a thread like this. There are tons of newbies so clueless that they don’t even know they have to eat more food and strain in the gym. That isn’t just “whine worthy”, it needs to be shouted in the main title to this website and emailed out to people like spam from XXX websites.

Well here’s another thought 781…Have you ever considered the importance of your brain while you train ? Do you not think that giving yourself a special “Mental” edge has no place in the weightroom ? I always thought mind over matter when I was faced with a tough situation.

And I know your gonna say “I was talking about over-analyzing” well it seems to me your doing the total other extreme. You should never be totally bland in your routine in fear of trying something “new-and-improved” because in a way you are like a scientist even though you may or may not have a degree I dont know your situation.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
[/quote]

God damn BULL SHIT. I was working 60 hour-a-week manual labor job and still found the time and energy to go full bore.

As X has aforementioned, it’s about priorities. I have nothing to do with those that have a weak will.

Well here’s another thought 781…Have you ever considered the importance of your brain while you train ? Do you not think that giving yourself a special “Mental” edge has no place in the weightroom ? I always thought mind over matter when I was faced with a tough situation. [/quote]

thats what ive been talking about the whole time? lol

as far as switching things up, im all for that. i mean for one, its better to switch things up from a muscle gaining standpoint and 2, who wants to do the exact same lift, of the exact same variation forever? im actually doing a program from one of the authors here right now and its working pretty well for me, at least for some parts. im also looking forward to being enrolled in the Physique Clinic so trust me im not about being bland and boring in the gym im just about training hard first, training technical second.

If a guy has a weak will in the gym, Peace. Im already on a different side of the gym, and you probably see me, but I cant see you.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

as far as switching things up, im all for that. i mean for one, its better to switch things up from a muscle gaining standpoint[/quote]

Would you mind explaining further what you mean here? I don’t want to comment if I’m interpreting this wrongly.

It is so simple. I get nods and stares and congratulations for a 500 lb deadlift. Whatever, it’s bullshit. I am weak and not big enough. It isn’t something to be satisfied about.

That’s the difference. If you are ever able to be satisfied with anything about yourself, aesthetically, or strength-wise, then you’re not cut out for lifting or T-Nation.

What is the part of the brain that controls pain…how can you numb that area safely ?

You can’t be serious…