Can It Be Done?

My Goal is to gain muscle and not gain alot of fat. I wanted to know if this can be done?

My goals are obvious gain mass and less fat, and have a 33 or 32 inch waist. but it seems like all the articles and research i do either contradicts other articles or leads you down a path that just doesnt seem right, I am going to be trying this next.

I am going to eat and eat but eat clean, alot of chicken breast brown rice and other things,
once a week I will get a meal that i can eat what i want(maybe),

I will be lifting Mon-Fri and doing some HIIT on Mon-Wed-Fri, or should I run?

I got my bodyfat done the other day with calipers it read 12%
Weight 172-176
ht: 5’ 6"
waist: 35-35.5

I have some problem areas: my lower back thats where i store alot of my fat
and i have what i think is alot of fat on my pecs.

KNowing all this should i cut to a lower bodyfat and then add mass or
add mass now?
Any suggestions on some things i could do. Training, Diet, recovery???

You do not need to do ‘cutting’ or ‘bulking’, cutting and bulking is something that is really only effective for competitive bodybuilders.

The simple fact is that is much easier to get into the habit of living a healthy lifestyle and changing your body composition by simply training hard and eating healthy.

If you was to ‘cut’ and ‘bulk’ persay you would put a lot more stress on yourself counting calories and all that shit.

But yes, what you said can be done. Just get a good training program, train your fucking ass off, and healthy 6 times a day.

Note: If you are trying to lose a bit of fat, add in some CV or HITT, such as swimming, jogging, or sprinting, jump ropes etc. Another good way of burning fat and adding some muscle is complex training. Search ‘Real Fast Fat Loss’ by Chad Waterbury, he explains complex training and its effects.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
You do not need to do ‘cutting’ or ‘bulking’, cutting and bulking is something that is really only effective for competitive bodybuilders.

The simple fact is that is much easier to get into the habit of living a healthy lifestyle and changing your body composition by simply training hard and eating healthy.

If you was to ‘cut’ and ‘bulk’ persay you would put a lot more stress on yourself counting calories and all that shit.

But yes, what you said can be done. Just get a good training program, train your fucking ass off, and healthy 6 times a day.

Note: If you are trying to lose a bit of fat, add in some CV or HITT, such as swimming, jogging, or sprinting, jump ropes etc. Another good way of burning fat and adding some muscle is complex training. Search ‘Real Fast Fat Loss’ by Chad Waterbury, he explains complex training and its effects.[/quote]

Good post.

Lift, eat right and get some cardio.

Track your progress and change as necessary.

Get these basics down first.

Well would cardio, counter my weight gains. i heard cardio kills alot of muscle. and how much do u think i should be eating?

[quote]Palta_Face wrote:
Well would cardio, counter my weight gains. i heard cardio kills alot of muscle. and how much do u think i should be eating? [/quote]

Low intensity cardio isn’t going to burn muscle and will help with your goals. Do it after weight training or on off days.

As to how much to eat that is something you have to determine for yourself depending on how you handle it.

Lots of protein and veggies. Avoid the evening carbs. Try to eat 5 to 6 meals/snacks throughout the day. Protein with everything.

Track your results and adjust.

I think when your lifts start going up and you start to get thicker, you will be surprised at how little you start to care about bodyfat.
The process of becoming big and strong does so much more for your self esteem than having a six pack.
As a beginner, you probably don’t need to worry yet, just lift and enjoy it.

is there any type of ratio that i should look to shoot for as far as Carbs/Protein/Fats

Its also MUCH easier to lose body fat when you have more muscle mass, bigger engine, burns more fuel; its that simple really. But as others have said, focus on just eatin right, lifting hard, and progress will come.

It would be smarter to tackle an al out fat loss program/diet after gaing about 20 pounds of muscle (1-2 years probably, maybe faster), most importantly, you’ll ahve leared to train hard and correctly and have leared how your body works. keep reading, keep working hard.

[quote]Palta_Face wrote:
is there any type of ratio that i should look to shoot for as far as Carbs/Protein/Fats[/quote]

At this point IMO NO!!! Keep it simple get plenty of protein a gram per lb or over and just good food and enough for your goals. Get just good food, Load up on the carbs around your w/o Lift hard and progress. Make the simple thing HABIT for a while (read months/years)before stressing over the minutia

Phill