Can I Use an Albuterol Inhaler for Fat Loss?

Hi guys,

I am currently studying abroad in Beijing, China, hoping to lose some fat. My diet (IF-ing; making most food myself) and lifting routine (3-4x per week; heavy compound movement focus) are in check. I typically like to run an EC stack while cutting, but do not have access to Bronkaid, Primatene, or an equivalent…

However, a local pharmacy has very cheap albuterol inhalers (American brand), dosed at 100 mcg with 200 doses per inhaler (~20mg per inhaler). If I dose at 4mg 3 times daily will this provide approximately the same results as pills/powder? I’ve heard that the half-life of the aerosol form may be even shorter than the pills, so I could potentially decrease the dose and increase the frequency.

Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions for an alternative fat loss stack that I may be able to obtain in Beijing would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Also, I hope this is posted in the right forum. Apologies if it is not!

I’d be going through 2 inhalers a day at my typical daily dose. If they’re very cheap then I wouldn’t be aware of any reason not to use them.

You’re in China, get some HGH :wink:

Curious Cat is Curious.

Shameless bump.

The curious cat and I would both like to find out the answer…

I’m not a Dr., but I am familiar with Albuterol.

One effective dose by tablet is 4mg. One effective dose by inhaler is 100mcg. Why would you think taking 20x the effective dose by inhaler is a good idea and the same as a 4mg tab?

I’m also not a MD, but I vote that this ends poorly.

The first example that comes to mind is that chronic overdosing (which is what you are suggesting) will lead to down-regulation of the beta-2 receptors, which are the target of albuterol. Down regulatino of beta-2 receptors could lead to, among other things, bronchoconstriction (asthma symptoms).

Also consider that the dosing and frequency that you are suggesting basically ensure that you have most of the side effects including anxiety.

I definitely see the logic in terms of “effective doses.” However, the amount of active ingredient is 100mcg per inhaler dose and 4mg per pill dose. Therefore, the only differences are location (lungs vs. stomach) and diffusion time.

I would expect that deploying into the lungs (inhalation) probably limits effectiveness. The only real solution I can think of would be trying to drink the solution, which I am currently hesitant to try.

As for diffusion time, reducing the dosage and increasing the frequency may help.

I definitely agree that the inhaler is not ideal, and I will be more cautious in the future, yet I will likely continue until I can find a replacement or I reach the end of my 3 week cycle (after which I will be dosing benadryl 50mg per night for a week, possibly then running another 3 week cycle). Any other thoughts or suggestions?

[quote]mbv8 wrote:
I definitely see the logic in terms of “effective doses.” However, the amount of active ingredient is 100mcg per inhaler dose and 4mg per pill dose. Therefore, the only differences are location (lungs vs. stomach) and diffusion time.

I would expect that deploying into the lungs (inhalation) probably limits effectiveness. The only real solution I can think of would be trying to drink the solution, which I am currently hesitant to try.

As for diffusion time, reducing the dosage and increasing the frequency may help.

I definitely agree that the inhaler is not ideal, and I will be more cautious in the future, yet I will likely continue until I can find a replacement or I reach the end of my 3 week cycle (after which I will be dosing benadryl 50mg per night for a week, possibly then running another 3 week cycle). Any other thoughts or suggestions?[/quote]

It’s not just diffusion time, albuterol undergoes hepatic metabolism- so the amount that reaches the blood stream via oral is less than inhalational. I’m not entirely sure what the purpose of using an anti-histamine is either.
Frankly it sounds like you really don’t fully understand what you are doing and might benefit from not screwing around with drugs.

I agree that I don’t fully understand what I’m doing. I’ve done my best to read up as much as possible on the topic, and because I don’t know, I’m seeking advice.

I will definitely lower the overall dosage. Thank you for explaining the hepatic metabolism. At the moment I am not experiencing any “abnormal” sides. I’ve run EC[A] a couple times in the past and the stimulation is somewhat comparable, but seems to be less.

I’ve read multiple things suggesting that benadryl can help restore/resensitive the beta-2 receptors after/during an albuterol cycle.

Thank you guys for your forewarning. I am dead-set on running albuterol or an EC during my cut, and decided I should find a better way. Thankfully, after going to a few pharmacies, I found some standard Albuterol pills (4mg per pill).

Thank you again for the help!