Can I Realistically Improve my Body Now?

Where are you that they have such authoritarian gym policies?

But yeah, I second (third?) the body weight thing. Anything is better than nothing.

True, people are fatter than ever since gyms were invented. Moving rocks around is awesome exercise.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the point of making this post was. Did you want us to tell you “You can do it!” for you to have a comeback like “LOL no I can’t!”

You must assume we don’t know how higher ed works because we’re meatheads or something. I made the fastest progress ever while I was doing my masters. My gym is almost all engineers, and I know at least 3 dudes who lifted through their PhDs, as well as an MD who lifted throughout med school and residency. My wife is a PhD Candidate and trains 4-5x a week.

These lame excuses you have, along with your drug-pushing doctor, is why you’re on BP meds at such an early age. I knew a lot of non-obese sedentary people when I was 26, but never knew any of them taking BP meds

Here are some better options:

^ This guy was doing bodyweight squats and pushups to recover from a broken leg

And then add these variations:

I’m in a South France now, but this case is, I believe, specific to this one gym, which belongs to the uni. Unfortunately, I’m quite far away from the city center, but I guess, that the other gyms are pretty much normal considering their entrance policies.

Well, so far it seems I’d be glad to move myself efficiently :slight_smile:

I explicitly said above, that I’m going to start training and I also tried to explain my situation honestly. I’m not denying your advice or anything.

Also, I didn’t mean to offend you here by assuming, that you’re “meathead” or anything like that. If you did better than me, that’s great for you, your friends and your wife - it’s honestly cool to be able to do all this together.

For me, it was simply about surviving since the beginning of my Master’s - my previous ex got seriously ill, to the point, where I was taking care of her, working full time, while attending my school and trying to get a surgeon willing to help her (we were denied several times, because of the severity of her condition). After we succeeded and she got better, she left me and I fell into a deep depression, which I was trying to overcome for a long time. Also, I suffered from a few long-term health problems, which took a lot of time to overcome.

I’m not going to describe my last 4 years in detail now, but I wanted to say, that I was doing something, not only “drinking coffee” for the last few years. That said, maybe you’re simply better and more efficient than I am, that’s entirely possible.

About my high blood pressure I’m afraid it’s mostly genetic - basically all the people in my family take BP meds, my mother also had a heart attack in her 40s, despite her being around 110lbs.

That all said, thank you for other valuable tips - I’ll take a look at them ASAP. And also, you can have a look at my other post to check my new training log, so you can see I’m somewhat trying, at least :slight_smile:

Well guys, thank you all very much for your support and all the advice I’m getting here! If you’re interested, you can see my progress in my new log Journey to Size .

1 Like

What a sob story. Write a country song.

1 Like

Not a good musician myself, but I really like Toby Keith!

1 Like

If it was going so well, I’d definitely love that! :slight_smile:

This was me age 24-27, you’re at a good spot to lift. Come be fat!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! And, great job, man :wink: