Can I Max Out 2 Days In A Row?

This is the same guy I was talking about when he won NAPF championships last year and nobody took notice, I posted another version of this video from the same meet in that thread but it looked like nobody was paying attention here. He’s only 6.5kg away from Wierzbicki’s open total record too. I could see @teennacho at that level in another 4 years.

Another thing I wanted to mention but keep forgetting, you are wearing some kind of nylon belt? You need to get a real PL belt, I don’t think you can use that one in any meets and it won’t give much support either. I used to use a cheap nylon belt too, the difference is like night and day. I would go with a 13mm lever belt from Inzer or Pioneer. Titan is good too but I hear the levers break a lot. Prong belts are alright but the lever just seems way more convenient.

I mean most definitely, the end goal is to get as close to a 2000 lb total as I can without going over 220 lbs bw. I’m currently weighing in at 200.

I’ve also heard that Inzer is the go-to, as I’ll be ordering a pair of their 3 meter gripper knee wraps along with the lever belt.

I know you’re not seriously looking at sports that pay, but can you run? If so, it’s way easier to turn a pure athlete into a paid football player than baseball in my opinion. Baseball requires a ton of individual drills/ timing and there is more room on the field and special situations in football.

Signed - someone with no experience coaching high levels in either.

P.S. Speaking of freak athletes doing whatever they want, anyone remember Julius Peppers just deciding to walk on as a starter to UNC’s Final Four basketball team when he was a junior? Ed Cota literally discovered him at the playground and talked him into playing.

1 Like

Yeah, I run a pretty fast 40, used to do track.

On a sidenote, I really wish that my tendon/joint recovery would be as impeccable as my muscle recovery is. Went to go squat today, got 495 for an easy 3 reps, threw on 545 and completely folded over due to overtraining my muscoskeletal system. My muscles can go all day er’day, my joints on the other hand can not :confused: Gonna force myself to stay out of the gym this weekend to recover :frowning:

Not every fed allows 3 wraps, 2.5m is the max in USPA so get that size for now unless you have a different federation in mind. Gripper wraps aren’t that great either, some people like them but you can get way more rebound out of other wraps. I have pair of grippers and I dont care for them at all. For you, I would recommend trying both the Lilliebridge and Phantom wraps from Pioneer, see which ones you like better. Those are two of the best wraps on the market right now. Inzer has some other wraps called Black Beauty that might work for you, I think those are their strongest wraps.

What wraps do you use right now anyway?

Bruh… this is the shit we were talking about, tho I was thinking more like half a year / a year down the track you fuck your shit up and get a ticket to snap city instead of your joints exploding within a month.

While we are on the topic of recovery the most important thing is to train within your means (not be a dumb cunt pre much lel). All the sleeping, eating, drug use and other recovery modalities in the world can’t make up for going too ham in the gym all the time.

You are well on your way. You remind me of the images of many champions when they were young like Kai, flex wheeler, or Ronnie. You could see even in the early days they had that little extra than the majority of their peers. I wish you much success, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Generic a** Gold’s Gym wraps, they’re my first pair and it’s about time to step up my wrap game

Yeah, I’m typically always fking my sht up in the gym lol. It usually takes a fail like that to make me finally force myself to stop training @100% 6-7 days a week. I’ve never really injured myself in the gym, except for when I very first started squatting @ 14 with lifters who had been in the gym for years, got 295, decided to jump straight to 315 and ended up twisting my kneecap.

Just as there’s people getting injured without going anywhere near a gym e.g. shoulders injuries from pointing at shit you might be on the other end of the injury prone spectrum. Personally I’ve been lucky to be mostly injury free but that’s more from conservative training and clean technique than anything. However injury prone we are or aren’t its probably best to err on the side of caution

Im sensing you’re a fan of 100% lel. Any knob can train 100% or some bullshit. Try recovering at 100%. Perfect diet, sleep and minimal external stressors. Now that’s really hard.

2 Likes

A good pair of wraps can add a lot to your squat some people claim to get as much as 100lbs, although I wouldn’t expect that much. If the plan is to compete in USPA then look at the approved gear in their rulebook, not every brand is allowed.

What @khangles is saying is true, you need to recover too. Doing too much will get you less results than doing just barely enough. It sounds like you have your diet on track but what about sleep? What else do you do other than train - work, school, what? Ideally you want minimal stress outside of training.

1 Like

I heard Rehband has some sick ass wraps that could help you crush some gym PRs, but they’re banned in most feds

I do about two 4 hour sessions of sleep, from 1 a.m. - 5 a.m. and then like 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
My sleeping schedule isn’t quite the best during the summer and I could honestly probably improve it.

I only work Thursday/Friday night - Saturday night, which is when my sleep schedule is actually the most consistent lol

As far as school, I start back up high school/college courses in August, but my schedule won’t be very packed, maybe like 3 classes per day MWF and 1 or 2 on like Tuesday and/or Thursday, which has been tremendously convenient with my meal timing, especially since I can also eat in class

And yeah, @khangles is right, few can consistently train at 100%, but even fewer can recover at 100%

That’s the first I heard of Rehband making wraps, but again you have to make sure that what you’re using is allowed in the fed in which you are competing in. WPC (APF is the US affiliate) allows anything that fits their specifications, and that includes 3m wraps. If I was you I would grab a couple pairs of 2.5m wraps and see which ones work best for you and then sign up for a USPA meet in a few months, by then you should be ready for some huge PRs.

Off the top of my head, wraps that I think would be worth trying: Lilliebridge and Phantom from Pioneer, THP and Signature Gold from Titan (I’m using sig gold and I like them), the red Slingshots. EliteFTS and Metal make some good wraps too, not sure about Inzer but the grippers are weak. You want wraps that will give you the maximum carryover without making you unable to hit depth, some wraps (like the Grippers) are easy to wrap and more comfortable but won’t give you much rebound or anything.

What’s up with that, you have girls coming over in the middle of the night or something?

I’ll probably get the Pioneer wraps as I’ve heard good reviews about their products.

And lmao no, I save that for special occasions. I’m a firm believer in that whole, “Not releasing yourself raises natural testosterone and your overall quality of life” stuff lol

Hey, it’s your business what you want to do, as long as you’re not overdoing it and still sleeping at night it’s not an issue. But there was a study on this recently, “Effect of Sexual Intercourse on Lower Extremity Muscle Force in Strength-Trained Men.”

" muscle force was measured during 5 sets of maximal unilateral knee extension (KE) and knee flexion exercise at 30 deg/s after men engaged in or abstained from sexual intercourse within the previous 12 hours"

“Results demonstrate that sexual intercourse does not significantly impact lower extremity muscle force, which suggests that restricting sexual activity before short-term, high-force activity is unnecessary.”

Just something to consider if your girlfriend needs some attention.

Mickey > Scientific Research

4 Likes

Only if you’re pounding them for 2+ hours a day. Otherwise, just consider it cardio. Powerlifting and marathons don’t really mix.

I don’t think any man ever started lifting weights with the goal of becoming a celibate eunuch. But again, these days people do all kinds of crazy shit.

@khangles Knows what’s up, no way I’m squatting 600 lbs after releasing all of my aggression and on-edginess.

And yeah, funny how I got into fitness so I could be the only 14 year old with an 8 pack, swooning all of the girls into bed with me, and now I pretty much do it for myself, and even abstain if I’m a couple weeks out from a comp lol