T Nation

Can I Get a Ruling on This Rack?

I’m on a budget, and for this price I can still purchase a bench and some more plates, vs spending $500 on the Powertech PR. Any thoughts?

Looks fine, only thing that might worry me, is if you’re pushing a lot of weight, how it would handle it if you slammed the weights down. :shrug:

I agree it looks fine to me, when I read the title of this thread my mind automatically went to something else :slight_smile:

looks good…check used ones as well, save you even more money

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Looks fine, only thing that might worry me, is if you’re pushing a lot of weight, how it would handle it if you slammed the weights down. :shrug:[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the only thing I don’t like about buying online, I can’t grab ahold of the thing and wrench on it to see how sturdy it is. I think I should be ok, I’m not moving anything that should cripple the thing(unless it says Playskool on the side).

Sorry about the lack of boob pics. Thanks for the input.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Looks fine, only thing that might worry me, is if you’re pushing a lot of weight, how it would handle it if you slammed the weights down. :shrug:[/quote]

Consider your fears unjustified.

[photo]14241[/photo]

I’ve seen it take squat lockouts at 1100 pounds.

Was doing some searching on this one as well. Found it at Sam’s Club online (if your open to shopping there). Its only $188

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=383460

[quote]farenuff wrote:
Was doing some searching on this one as well. Found it at Sam’s Club online (if your open to shopping there). Its only $188

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=383460
[/quote]

Damn, to save $112, I might hold my nose a get a membership.

Just be aware that the inside dimensions of the rack are smaller than a commercial rack.

If you can afford it, I would get a rack with more space inside.

That being said, I currently use a similar sized rack.

I picked up that same rack along with a bench, bar, ~200 lbs. of weight, and rubber mats to go under the rack for $200 on craigslist.

The rack is fine and will serve its purpose. People severely underestimate the strength of 2x2x11ga steel tubing and 1" shafting.

My only complaint is the depth. The width is actually right up there with many better models, but since it is only 24" deep lunges are out. I will also warn that it is pretty light, so if you are going to be moving big weights in it I would definitely find a way to bolt it to the ground.

The one thing that I am most impressed with is the number of holes to adjust the pins, as well as their short distance apart.

That deal at Sam’s looks ($$$) good. I’m also trying to figure out whether to upgrade from my wbrs and I will now consider that deal as well. Just wanted to point out that a ptec PR at bbdotcom is about $320 shipped, which is very reasonable, when you apply a 10% off coupon, you should be able to find it online…

I’ve used one of those, they’re pretty decent. Again, check the used specials though. Sometimes people GIVE that shit away at garage sales and moving sales.

[quote]henryd31 wrote:
That deal at Sam’s looks ($$$) good. I’m also trying to figure out whether to upgrade from my wbrs and I will now consider that deal as well. Just wanted to point out that a ptec PR at bbdotcom is about $320 shipped, which is very reasonable, when you apply a 10% off coupon, you should be able to find it online…[/quote]

Unfortunately, shipping from Sam’s is $80, so then it’s not that great of deal. The next best price is Amazon for $299, and they have free shipping.

That is a good price on the Powertec though. I’m still waiting to see what Scheel’s can do for me. I asked them for a price on a rack, flat bench, and some plates and they never got back to me. Why is it so hard to get people to take your money?