T Nation

Can HCG be Frozen?

There is a lot of talk on here about how tenuous the hcg peptide is. I know not to shake the hcg solution, but is never thought about if freezing the solution could damage the bonds. I get 10 weeks worth of the meds at once. So I reconstitute the hcg with sterile water and fill all the syringes I’ll need for ten weeks then freeze them. I would refrigerate them, but if thought I read the solution is only good for 30 days.

I generally get the 10,000 iu, mix, and then load syringes till bottle is empty. I then put all in the freezer and have not noticed any loss in potency even after 4 to 5 months. It usually only takes about a min or 2 to thaw in the morning.

Many get 80 days from a 10K vial at 250iu EOD with no problems. Must use BA water, 0.9% benzyl alcohol. Drug companies need to come up with an expiration date so make something up - meaningless. Note that original use for hCG was for female IVF where 3,000 - 5,000 were injected all at once; so the low dose use by males was not anticipated.

If your testes do not shrink, I guess you are OK. We have seen hCG damaged easily from wet shipping, so its easy to conclude that it is fragile. Google this and it seems to be an OJ thing to do.