Can Growth Hormone Cause Facial Changes on Low/Normal Doses?

I agree with this. TRT helps balance that for me. Without it I’d prolly be stuck on the couch

1 Like

Thank you I will talk to my doc. or check the dark web. Xanax is a great sleeping pill when things get really tough.
So many docs want to give us SSRI or SNRI for low serotonin but it is GABA we are lacking and only benzos work.
SSRI’s depress me to the point of ending my life. I have fired two PCP doctors because they just do not understand.

This is something they only Rx for opiate withdrawal or pain relief & not easy to get. And there’s a big stigma around using it (insurance, licenses, etc). I had to fudge my use & found a doc that didn’t actually test any of his patients. Kinda lucked out there. Anyway, safety wise I consider it much better than benzos. Others may disagree

As far as GABA action I think it had a little bit, but most dopamine. Can be calming, but could be stimulating too, depending on how you respond

I heard on NPR that you can get them on the street for $1-2 per pill. Probably not going that route, lol.

Yeah I’m amazed there’s a black market for these. I don’t get euphoric like regular opiates on these. I just feel … calm, motivated, almost like Wellbutrin felt

Thanks for the heads up. Yep, none of my sources offers this drug. Something tells me I might not be able to try this.

I think the demand is from people trying to get clean from opioids. They don’t feel withdrawal nearly as much on it.

1 Like

Damn… I can barely afford ONE of these vials (like 130$ here), taking into account the fees associated with procuring cryptocurrency. With a prescription (which I’ve done before) it’s more like 300$

Why do you have cardarine? I’d love to use it but the stuff isn’t safe… like the mutagenic properties are off the charts.

Tell me how it goes. I’ve started swimming for fun and I’m going to be taking up boxing again + Muay Thai and Krav Maga @hankthetank89 (tips plz). The extra endurance would be killer considering I can only freestyle like 500 metres before I’m totally dead.

What’s interesting about swimming to me is the lack of performance correlation between swimming and other aerobic forms of exercise. I can run 5km if I choose to, can cycle like 50km but I can’t swim more than 500 metres!

I suppose swimming is more anaerobic?

Endurance is sport specific in my experience. For last few years im trying to eliminate all the junk training in the classes i teach.
Last year i ran 21km in 1:56h at 240 bodyweight but that did not help me at all in sparing, in fact - i felt im getting gassed even faster.
When i was in my top shape for fighting, i was breathing heavy if i went some higher flights of stairs and i couldnt run worth a shit.

If you want endurance, you have to keep it specific. If its fighting - do shadowboxing BUT dont do light punches. Punch and kick full power like you would in a fight and MOVE like someone is punching you all the time. If not used to this you will be gassed in 30 seconds.
You can incorporate sprawls(take down defence) into shadowboxing, and also break falls and getting up on your feet the right way(Krav Maga) - that will add a TON of suffering to shadowboxing.
But keep it specific.
I love how there was this one BJJ black belt whos cardio was shit, he coudlnt do any burpees or stuff but he could roll for hours. When asked : “whats the best cardio for BJJ?” he said : “more BJJ”.
I dont believe in skip rope and roadwork for fighting because your cardio works much differently when you are getting kicked in the head.

2 Likes

The running/skipping is old school mentality. A significant portion of fighting/wrestlinig is anaerobic. The aerobic part comes in to an extent when you have to endure say… 8x3 minute rounds of something. Boxers would probably benefit from running, I’m not expert… but I’d think perhaps running 400-800 metre sprints/intervals would be far more productive than training for a half marathon.

I liked the idea of swimming as endurance exercise as it implements a portion of hypoxia during the training. You need to get used to repetitive motions/resistance associated with somewhat of a lack in oxygen intake

1 Like

My old boxing coach had us sprinting instead of regular running. That and heavy squats/deadlifts

You see I can’t understand the rationale behind this.

The power behind a punch is largely dependant on rotational strength, the ability to generate quick bursts of power through the legs, hips and to an extent the upper body.

With this being said, you’d (probably, I’m no expert) be better off training for explosive strength (power cleans, push press, jump squats, plyometrics, kettlebells, speed deadlift etc).

Yeah, that’s the idea behind it. I imagine if he knew how to teach Oly lifts he would have included them lol.

At the time I had barely squatted at all, so it really helped build my punching power up. Deadlifts didn’t really notice; maybe he was thinking back development?

Perhaps, but for back development I’d rather pullups (weighted variations). For POSTERIOR chain development deadlifts are great, but RDL’s and power cleans (provided you have good technique) will probably net a similar outcome.

I could deadlift nearly 500lbs at 160ish lbs and my back my back development was better when I focused on rings (gymnastics) and when I didn’t deadlift yet trained back sole for hypertrophy.

I’m not interested in deadlifting like that again. Rather I’d going to swap it out for RDL’s, SLDL’s and back exercises that actually include an eccentric portion. The lack of TUT/an eccentric portion IMO makes deadlifts lacklustre for inducing hypertrophy. I would train deadlifts at high rep ranges, like 10-15+ reps. The CNS exhaustion was immense, it’s not something I’d recommend. I’ve actually involuntarily lost balance following a set like this. Also cuts up your shins terribly if you keep the bar close as one is supposed too

The areas I gained the most from DL’s (conventional) were hamstrings (not as good as SLDL though), followed by glutei (could have been the squats though) and lower back (also did high volume weighted hyperextensions though)

Regardless of the efficiency. It’s a neat party trick to be able to pick up a skipping rope and do all sorts of neat tricks. When I was a kid I was pretty good at it as I trained with a skipping rope regularly as a recreational activity.

Everyone has their heroes in our hobby Ryon Ankrom is one of mine. Here’s what he says about cardarine. since his videos has sources I won’t post the YT link. Just go to You Tube and search for [ ryan ankrom cardarine ]

Yes, as i said - specificity is key - skipping rope will make you a better rope skipper.

John meadow’s is the one I like. Primarily due to his advocacy for lower dosages. Regardless of what he himself has done (he’s a pro BB, so of course he is going to venture into higher dose territory) he is an advocate for harm reduction and sane use and I respect the hell out of that

Moreover he is OPEN and HONEST about his use. Very admirable! Also seems like a very down to earth guy with a lot of insight. I’d love to meet him/talk to one day

Maybe it’ll happen when I have an educational degree or two under my belt and I start getting involved with the fitness community. I’m very interested in harm minimisation, perhaps guiding those who are perhaps misinformed or wish to find a way to use in a safe/sane manner… or if people just want ministering regardless of dosage/duration (your body … your choice).

If I ever go into medicine, this will probably be the route I go down.

1 Like

I also like John Meadow’s his videos on his recent heart attack were very good. John’s Index video are a must watch when you are looking for new ideas. He does not however offer steroid/AAS/sarms/peptide advice an Ryon Ankrom does.

Perhaps not in depth, but I’ve seen John Meadows offer cycle advice for 1st timers in his videos (advocates for around 250-300mg test/wk)

To an extent he is right. If one is RIGOROUSLY dedicated with diet, nutrition and training and goes from natty to 250mg/wk (then back to TRT), they’ll make great gainz.

Literature backs the notion you can probably put on like 5-7lbs in 10-20 wks doing this.

The myocardial infarction was a shame. I wonder whether he has a clotting disorder (genetic). I won’t speculate as to avoid being disrespectful, but I do believe one or both of his parents died very young from heart attacks.

John used to be a contributor here on T Nation. I don’t know if he is still writing articles for them.

1 Like