T Nation

Can Coulter Sink Any Lower?

Ann Coulter on Rep. John Murtha: "The reason soldiers invented 'fragging.'"

Do any of her cheerleaders on here (which still shocks me) want to defend that one?

She is blond and has a vagina?

I think she has one, do not take my word for it...

Plus, crazy women are often freaks in bed, to cover their other insecurities...

Was I able to help?

I will not defend Ann Coulter against the charge that the comment is inappropriate, but I will defend her against the charge of "lowness".

The Ann Coulter statement cited above is a sarcastic comment in poor taste. Nothing more; nothing less.

She's probably joking. But I still think she's a bitch.

Interesting. You say this as if this was one brain fart out of thousands of thoughtful comments. She's a bitch looking for attention. Why anyone would think of her any other way is something i will never understand. I could see if she was funny or even thought provoking. She is neither. This is her only way to stay in the public eye.

so what makes her different?

The fact that she says things more vile than anyone on the American political scene today, save maybe Michael Moore. Maybe.

The left says shit like that all the time about the right. We have someone that will say it back, and she's labeled as an attention seeking bitch.

I own none of her books, rarely see her on TV, and really don't care either way - but she resonates with a portion of america.

Market forces would have shut her up years ago if she was not selling books and increasing ratings of the news shows that book her.

Murtha deserves whatever he gets from her or anyone else that supports the war. He's a fucking bith-assed moron.

nobody said anything about 'left vs right'. the OP was simply talking about coulter. not about he association with 'the right' . are you so ideological that you cannot admit that someone who you associate yourself with <'we have someone...> has made a silly statement that isn't tactful?

why does ann coulter's statement become an issue of 'left vs right'? can we not at people as individuals and not see them as representative of the vague 'left' or 'right'?

I own none of her books, rarely see her on TV, and really don't care either way - but she resonates with a portion of america.

ok, cool.

Market forces would have shut her up years ago if she was not selling books and increasing ratings of the news shows that book her.

this isn't really a shock to any of us. as prof x stated above the only reason she gets airtime/media time is because she makes outlandish comments and a certain 'portion of america' enjoys these statements and sincerely agrees with her positions.

Murtha deserves whatever he gets from her or anyone else that supports the war. He's a fucking bith-assed moron. [/quote]

um, ok. disagreeing with someone shouldn't mean one supports statements that pretty much endorse murder.

You cannot look at Coulter without seeing L v. R. Look at the title of the freaking forum for Christ's sake. Politics is nothing but right versus left.

What's wrong with not being tactful? Stern has made millions from it, and Couolter has carved out a nice piece of the pie for herself as well.

Because the guy she spoke of was nothing but political when he came out with his big ABB/Anti-War stance. He is a vile piece of roadkill, and Coulter hit it right on the hed in this instance.

She gets air time because she drives up ratings. Period. You say it is not a shock, then you proceed to show absloute no knowledge of what doesn't shock you.

She never said murder. I would never endorse murder. But I think what she said was right on point. She probably should have just called him a dickless little coward.

Have you said a damn thing in your post?

Maybe you should take a page oput of Coulter's book, and try to say something next time you post. Well - other than coming to the political forum to chastize me about seeing right and left.

Easy! Here's a true story that'll illustrate:

Suppose you are in the 'Nam and your Lt. insists on walking patrol along trails. You, however, know that the VC set traps on trails. Walking on trails is just fucking stupid! You've got to go overland. Several of your buddies get KIA or lose body parts, yet the fucking moron continues to order patrols on trails. What do you do? He won't listen to the noncoms and the captain doesn't give a shit. What do you do?

Now, does this answer your question?

HH

there's a lot more to politics than left vs. right. but hey, just because you don't know about these many dimensions of politics doesn't mean that these dimensions don't exist.

'politics is nothing more bur right versus left.'

i just wanted to quote you one more time with that statement. probably some of the dumbest words ever to be spoken in this forum.

What's wrong with not being tactful? Stern has made millions from it, and Couolter has carved out a nice piece of the pie for herself as well.

so we're evaluating the merit of a statement beased on the revenues generated from said statement? because coulter makes a lot of money makes her positions valid?

Because the guy she spoke of was nothing but political when he came out with his big ABB/Anti-War stance. He is a vile piece of roadkill, and Coulter hit it right on the hed in this instance.

um... of course it's political. but this thread is about coulter and her silly statement. but you need to jump on your soapbox and start whining about the one-dimensional political world in which you live. you see everything in terms of 'left versus right'. you've said so, yourself. says a lot about your understanding of this subject and scope.

again, we're evaluating coulter and her statement, not talking about 'left vs. right' .

She gets air time because she drives up ratings. Period. You say it is not a shock, then you proceed to show absloute no knowledge of what doesn't shock you.

this statement makes no sense. what are you trying to say? we know ann coulter makes money because she's outlandish. who doesn't know this? you simply reiterated what prof x already stated above... something we all already know.

She never said murder.

what do you think a 'frag' is? she is implying that the guy should've been/should be killed.

I would never endorse murder. But I think what she said was right on point. She probably should have just called him a dickless little coward.

so you'd like it if the guy was dead.

[b]Have you said a damn thing in your post?

Maybe you should take a page oput of Coulter's book, and try to say something next time you post. Well - other than coming to the political forum to chastize me about seeing right and left. [/b]

i don't need to state my position on anything i order to comment on your post. just because i don't come out and stand ideologically on a particular position does not mean my posts do not have relevance.

[/quote]

Lots of those posting to this forum, saying a lot worse as well...but I tolerate them. So I can tolerate Ann Coulter.

Jesus - not another one of these guys. Yes - politics, in real life involve more than r v. l, and I am sure you are a complete expert in all the nuances.

This, however is not real life. This is the internet. This is a political forum on a BBing website. Lines are almost always drawn along right and left lines. You would know that if you actually paid attention. But what with your obvious superiority, maybe you think you are above actually getting a feel for the forums before you jump in.

You are speaking about this forum as if you have been here for a while. Politics is very bitterly divided. To act as if that is not a truth is more ignorant than anything I could say.

WE'RE??? you have done dick but comment on what I have said. At least I have the stones to comment on the subject at hand. The same can't be said for you. You are a little fucking chihuahua that nips at the heals of the grownups. You haven't the ability to contribute - so you relegate yourself to critiquing what I say.

But you have said nothing other than politics is way to nuanced to just label it as right v. left. Who the fuck cares?

No, what you are doing is making an attempt - all be it a very poorly executed one - to make an example of me. Idiots like you come and go. All of them have failed. You will as well. You are not nearly as intelligent as you want me to believe. You will leave here in shame like all of the rest of them have.

If you have something to contribute to the thread, please do. If all you are here for is to try and call me out - you will fail miserably.

Um, what? Does this "true story"/analogy make any sense?

No, it's Republicans vs. Democrats if you're an idiot and you blindly support either party.

You sound like the guy who gets hit by the truck in Office Space. "The pet rock was a terrible idea."
"Well, the guy made a million dollars!"

More importantly, there's a difference between "not being tactful" and saying widows enjoyed their husbands' deaths and a decorated veteran should have been killed by his troops. The difference between blunt and despicable, maybe.

I don't agree with Murtha, and I think pulling out of Iraq would be an awful betrayal on par with leaving the South Vietnamese at the mercy of Communist murderers thirty years ago, but how does that make John Murtha "a vile piece of roadkill"? Or do you just assume anyone you disagree with politically is barely human?

Popularity fallacy is the term for it in logic classes I think. Michael Moore is very popular. So is the WWE. So is abortion, depending on how you ask the question. Does that mean they're good things, by virtue of being popular?

What do you think "fragging" means? Aren't you an Army Reservist? I think the term is pretty fucking straightforward.

i may not have been participating in this forum for a long time, but there's much more to politics than right and left. and you specifically stated that there is NOTHING more to politics than left and right. i never said there wasn't division along those lines, but to presume that all issues can be boiled down to left vs. right is ignorant.

wow, you have the courage to be ignorant. congratulations.

As do you. At least I can contribute to the thread. The same cannot be said for you.

No. I am explaining how the real world works. Like it or not - the news networks get huge hardons for ratings. Ann Coulter puts seats in the stands, so to speak. So does Michael Moorer. The kid that brought up the subject seems to think that Ann Coulter is unique in her brashness. I used Stern as an example of accepted tactlessness to make a point.

But you could see that already. I probably didn't have to explain myself, right?

Murtha is an inexcusable dick. He was the one that politicized the issue first. Coulter just called him on it, and raised him.

This is a true story and I'd like to know what you'd do. Your ass is on the trail because some numbnuts orders you there, time and again. What would you do?

If the person in command is needlessly risking your life and the lives of others, then would fragging that person be justified? Or should you just willingly walk into death or dismemberment? Answer, please.

Remember, you are likely to suffer death or unimaginable pain if you continue to follow that person.

HH