Can Blaine Beat 9 Minutes?

He got paid 75K per day plus whatever bonuses. I personally think he’s an avg magician/illusionist that is capitalizing on the fact he was the first “street” magician to focus more on the reactions of the crowd than on his tricks. Criss Angel is by far a better technician/illusionist and I like the angle he’s coming from than Blaine’s “I’ll talk really slow and do avg tricks that you can buy online and do yourself”.

[quote]Mack wrote:
He got paid 75K per day plus whatever bonuses. I personally think he’s an avg magician/illusionist that is capitalizing on the fact he was the first “street” magician to focus more on the reactions of the crowd than on his tricks. Criss Angel is by far a better technician/illusionist and I like the angle he’s coming from than Blaine’s “I’ll talk really slow and do avg tricks that you can buy online and do yourself”.[/quote]

Shit I’d try to do that for 75K a day.

If all his stuff are illusions…can you please explain how he makes himself levitate in front of people on the street?

Or how he can throw a deck of cards at a window and have the chosen card stuck inside, in between the two panes of glass?

The levitation is the only thing Blaine does that isn’t an illusion. He can really float. Really.

They’re not tricks, they’re illusions.

[quote]DrVonNostrand wrote:
They’re not tricks, they’re illusions.

[/quote]

Image links don’t work here :frowning:

Here’s the pic DrVonNostrand was linking to.

Very funny :slight_smile:

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
If all his stuff are illusions…can you please explain how he makes himself levitate in front of people on the street?

Or how he can throw a deck of cards at a window and have the chosen card stuck inside, in between the two panes of glass? [/quote]

If he were a real magician, then he would actually be levitating and moving cards through glass. However, seeing as modern science has not yet managed to counteract gravity or move objects from one place to another outside of physical space, we’ll assume Mr Blaine hasn’t either. Therefore, the tricks he performs are illusions, and not actual magic.

Man, I hope you were joking in your post! :slight_smile:

He’s pretty sick I think. Guy is a great performer, or he’s not human.

Some of the shit he does, you really have to wonder. He didn’t look so hot when he came out of the tank, anyone see his hands?

monopoly

[quote]Mack wrote:
He got paid 75K per day plus whatever bonuses. I personally think he’s an avg magician/illusionist that is capitalizing on the fact he was the first “street” magician to focus more on the reactions of the crowd than on his tricks. Criss Angel is by far a better technician/illusionist and I like the angle he’s coming from than Blaine’s “I’ll talk really slow and do avg tricks that you can buy online and do yourself”.[/quote]
Chris Angel’s shtick seems to be that he puts on really loud techno music so you can’t focus on the shitty illusions he’s doing. I went to one of his shows, and it made me feel like I had just watched “Vanilla Sky”. It was like Cirque du Soleil on crack (or more crack than usual–the really bad stuff).

My brilliant friend solved this… Blaine has gills on the insides of his ass cheeks.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
lostinthought wrote:

Or how he can throw a deck of cards at a window and have the chosen card stuck inside, in between the two panes of glass?

If he were a real magician, then he would actually be levitating and moving cards through glass. However, seeing as modern science has not yet managed to counteract gravity or move objects from one place to another outside of physical space, we’ll assume Mr Blaine hasn’t either. Therefore, the tricks he performs are illusions, and not actual magic.

Man, I hope you were joking in your post! :-)[/quote]

I guess what I’m asking is…if they are illusions…then how does he do it?

The reason the blaine didnt beat 9 minutes is because if he beat it then they would look into and find out that it was an illusion. Most people belived that his ice stunt was real which it wasnt if you did your research. He isn’t considered good at magic among magicians. The whole leivtating thing is the way that the cameras and people are looking. its all an illusion magic isn’t real. sorry folks.

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
The reason the blaine didnt beat 9 minutes is because if he beat it then they would look into and find out that it was an illusion. Most people belived that his ice stunt was real which it wasnt if you did your research. He isn’t considered good at magic among magicians. The whole leivtating thing is the way that the cameras and people are looking. its all an illusion magic isn’t real. sorry folks.[/quote]

Exactly. The ice stunt was fake and this stunt was likely faked.

If you guys are entertained then more power to you. Just don’t believe it.

I can levitate too…

In case you were wondering how David Blaine does it…

http://www.magiclearn.50megs.com/photo2.html

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
If all his stuff are illusions…can you please explain how he makes himself levitate in front of people on the street?[/quote]

WARNING: SPOILER

I saw this video on-line where the secret of the levitation trick was revealed. Criss Angel (MindFreak!!) himself showed how he walked up to a chair or high step, WITH HIS BACK TO THE AUDIENCE, and appeared to “float” up to it.

He has shoes that are magnetized so that they stick together when he places his feet side by side. He then lifts his right leg forward through a slit in the front of his pantleg and does a step up on to the ledge. Once he has “floated” up, he then slides his leg back into the leg of his pants.

Viewing this from behind, it looks as though he has levitated. It’s all in the props, my friend!

http://media.putfile.com/Criss-Angel-Levitation-Revealed-20

Thank god everyone is so gullible to believe magic is real its just entertainment to bring people together of different orgins blah blah.

Blaine is an illusionist. Who gives a crap if there “illusion”, there still freaking awesome!

He’s an incredible illusionist. Everyone knows its not “real”. Hes Just very good at tricking people visually. In fact, hes down right incredible.

Maybe someone can tell me how angel steps through that window. That one amazes me to this day and I would kill to know how to do it

[quote]supermick wrote:
The guy is a total idiot.

I dont find him inspirational, just a joke. Who cares how long he holds his breath for. Hes a tool.
The only part of his stunt that amused me was when he was haning in that bloody box in london and a guy pulled up and started frying sausages next to him to make him feel hungry.
How the New yorkers, who strike me as a cynical bunch otherwise can get so enthusiastic about this fella i have no idea.
He’s a strange strange man.[/quote]

I thought it was funny when some dude dressed as the reaper and stood by the box waving at him.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Exactly. The ice stunt was fake and this stunt was likely faked.[/quote]

I didn’t see the stunt. Did he take a breath from above the tank before starting the breath-holding, or was it from the air tube? The breath-holding record with the use of pure O2 is over 19 minutes. If they pumped that into his tube instead of air it should have given him about double his normal breath-holding time.