Can a Picture Change Your Life?

This is a picture of Frank Zane at 64 years old.

Now, I’ve always been a big fan of Zane’s aesthetics, but seeing this picture changed my entire perspective of the man, and indeed, life itself. None of the men in my lineage even LIVED to see 60, and this guy is downright shredded at 64.

Zane is no meathead either. He’s got a master’s degree, a very successful career, and a hot wife. Clearly, he used the lessons learned under the barbell as a tool to further his entire life’s goals. That is incredibly inspiring.

Some things can only be learned when in the bottom of the squat, things that the weak of this world will never know. Zane tapped into this, and used it to build a kingdom, and a damn fine body by ANY standards. He looks better at 64 than half of the 20-somethings in this forum, including myself.

I want to look like that at 64. Hell, I want to LIVE to see 64! I know now what I must do. I must release the past, for too long I’ve been clinging to weak excuses and rationalizations. I must look to the future, find a lofty Goddamn goal, and climb for it with everything inside me.

I want to be like Zane. Tell me how, that I might find that road, and walk it. My life quite literally depends on it.

-Sab

Amen to that. Zane was (and still is) a legend.

Ironic that you would reference the squat.

[quote]Sabastian525 wrote:
Some things can only be learned when in the bottom of the squat, things that the weak of this world will never know.[/quote]

EDIT: Here’s the reference. Zane says he hasn’t done a “real” squat in 20 years.
http://www.frankzane.com/EQUIPMENT.htm

Wow, Sab. Great post.
Yeah, Zane was in a class by himself.

Its no secret I mean isnt that why you sacrifice all that “free time” grueling it out in the gym, to produce a fitter more healthier you ? You could be spending that time drinking pitchers of beer, chasing women, doing the undoubtedly “fun” stuff, but you dont. You worked the hours now expect a check !

[quote]toddthebod wrote:

Sabastian525 wrote:
Some things can only be learned when in the bottom of the squat, things that the weak of this world will never know.

EDIT: Here’s the reference. Zane says he hasn’t done a “real” squat in 20 years.

[/quote]

He hasn’t done a real bench press or a real shoulder workout in years either. His joints are pretty screwed up which is why he relies on machines mostly now.

The secret is: Start today. Start right now.

And don’t look back.

amazing…

I want to be like Zane. Tell me how, that I might find that road, and walk it. My life quite literally depends on it.

-Sab[/quote]

List your long-term goals.

From them, list short-term goals to reach the long-term.

Reach said goals.

Of course, to reach your goals (your long term being to look like Frank Zane), you must make sacrifices. You must be consistent. You must eat the correct way to reach said goals.

There, I showed you the road. Your choice to take it.

Jeeeeesus the Christ…

If I can look HALF that good at age Fifty-Four I’ll be happy.

This is a picture of Frank Zane at 64 years old.

Now, I’ve always been a big fan of Zane’s aesthetics, but seeing this picture changed my entire perspective of the man, and indeed, life itself. None of the men in my lineage even LIVED to see 60, and this guy is downright shredded at 64.

Zane is no meathead either. He’s got a master’s degree, a very successful career, and a hot wife. Clearly, he used the lessons learned under the barbell as a tool to further his entire life’s goals. That is incredibly inspiring.

Some things can only be learned when in the bottom of the squat, things that the weak of this world will never know. Zane tapped into this, and used it to build a kingdom, and a damn fine body by ANY standards. He looks better at 64 than half of the 20-somethings in this forum, including myself.

I want to look like that at 64. Hell, I want to LIVE to see 64! I know now what I must do. I must release the past, for too long I’ve been clinging to weak excuses and rationalizations. I must look to the future, find a lofty Goddamn goal, and climb for it with everything inside me.

-Sab[/quote]

I love his build. That picture of him is just amazing. AMAZING!

I don’t know i guess I’m skeptical but that picture looks really fake

Well here is a larger photo.

I’ve got a picture of a pretty old Ed Corney still looking rock solid, but I don’t know how to upload pics on here.

Click the ‘go advanced’ under the submit button, then follow the browse button from there…

Some things can only be learned when in the bottom of the squat, things that the weak of this world will never know. [/quote]

Blech. I hate the dramatization of weightlifting that some people do. You got a heavy thing on your back, and you stand up with it. Yea, I dig it. But c’mon. Stop being ridiculous.

He’s impressive to be sure. But the there’s a lot more pictures that could change your life quicker… like someone bangin your wife or something.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Sabastian525 wrote:

Some things can only be learned when in the bottom of the squat, things that the weak of this world will never know.

Blech. I hate the dramatization of weightlifting that some people do. You got a heavy thing on your back, and you stand up with it. Yea, I dig it. But c’mon. Stop being ridiculous.

He’s impressive to be sure. But the there’s a lot more pictures that could change your life quicker… like someone bangin your wife or something.[/quote]

Yeah lets see those.

i’m sure his diet helps with that vacuum pose too…

who cares if he uses machines look at the fuckin guys…hes 64 and SHREDDED

[quote]Professor X wrote:
toddthebod wrote:

Sabastian525 wrote:

He hasn’t done a real bench press or a real shoulder workout in years either. His joints are pretty screwed up which is why he relies on machines mostly now. [/quote]

Do you think that is a product of HIS training, or what bodybuilders as a whole have to look forward too at 64?
Are they screwed up more than the average 64 year old?