This has always been an amazing Forum to keep updated on Technology...and it's been a while since we talked about Camcorders and Cameras. So, let's discuss!
I can't believe how rapidly the Technology has changed; and what amazing pics and videos can be taken with something that can literally be carried in your pocket. What has also been interesting is the "blurring of the line" between Cameras and Camcorders as more and more Cameras have video capability.
So my questions for discussion:
1) In what circumstances would you still get a "stand-alone" Camcorder?
2) What do you see as the main disadvantage of the video/camera combination?
3) In the "higher end consumer" range (say 500-$1,000); what would be your "dream" camera? (By the way...the new Nikon Coolpix "Zooms" that are being advertised now; that are in the range of 350-$400; seem to be a VERY good value for the price).
4) What are your thoughts on this new Nikon Coolpix "Zoom" line?
5) In the "higher end consumer" range (say 500-$1,000); what would be your "dream" camcorder?
As always; THANKS guys!