Cambered Bar Converter

Anyone have any experience with these?

proloccollars .com/products-shop/camber-bar-attachment.html

I have low ceilings in my basement so my overhead pressing has consisted of seated or kneeling, but I’d like to get some standing back in. I was looking into making a cambered bar out of 2"OD pipe and fittings, but this seems like a better option overall, and is only like $40 more expensive.

No personal experience, but I’ll say that pressing a cambered bar isn’t really going to be like pressing a barbell. More like pressing a yoke. You’re going to have to account for some swing factor and stabilization. Still a solid exercise, but not quite the work around you’re envisioning.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the response man.

I figured it would be a fairly unique movement, exactly for the reasons you described. Certainly not a perfect alternative, but another tool to work with.

P.S. solid recommendation for the galvanized home depot pipe for an axle!

1 Like

Ask them the weight limit of these things. They look well made so should be right but often they can’t be loaded very heavily.

Good call. The number I got back for the short arms was 495 which is more than enough for anything I’ll ever be doing with them.

Don’t forget Brian Schwab makes a very similar product called OBB handles or something. Maybe worth looking into.

1 Like