Camaro Vs Mustang

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

That’s my baby right there! Except Betty is red. And I do agree with the clearance issue on the Mustang. I hate speedbumps with a passion!!

NOTHING is cooler than old model Mustangs. Preferably before '66.

The mustang feels like you could do drift racing with it.
[/quote]

OH, BLASPHEMY!!!

I’ve seen both of those cars raced in drift GP.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
I’ve seen both of those cars raced in drift GP.[/quote]

That don’t make it RIGHT :wink:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
I’ve seen both of those cars raced in drift GP.[/quote]

That don’t make it RIGHT ;)[/quote]

Agreed

Can you really go wrong with any of those 3 cars? They’re all bad ass. I’ve always gone back and forth between Mustang and Camero since I was a kid and would still take either. It comes down to what fits you better and X we’ll need pictures of what ever you get.

I haven’t driven or been in a Challenger, but I think the Mustang is more comfy than the Camaro, but I still prefer the look of the Camaro.

Although if you are looking at shelling out this much cash I think you should consider the Corvette. The last Vette I drove was a 07 Z06 and I thought it was more comfy than the Camaro or the Mustang once you were in it (the Vette is way better for road trips than the Stang or the Camaro).

For a daily driver the Mustang wins, otherwise I’d go with a Camaro, unless money isn’t an issue than I would go with the Vette.

I thought we had more car guys/girls here.

Does anything compare to On Star?

My neighbor has the Challenger SRT8 Hemi. Pistol grip shifter, 6 speed, loaded.

The seats remind me of those you see in a really hi-end powerboat. Big and blocky looking, nice though. Great stock stereo too.

I like the Mustang more than the Camaro. More stylish and limitless add ons I suspect.

Does anything compare to On Star?[/quote]

To my knowledge no other manufacture offers anything like on star, not sure why not it’s a great idea. My '09 Malibu has it but I do not subscribe because I only drive it 2-3 times a month since I got a company car. The security features are awesome but the navigation is kind of lame. On star also costs $100+ a year so that’s something else to consider.

I don’t know, but their radio commercials have me laughing every time. Especially the one where the pregnant woman is yelling at her mom who is partially conscious!

PX-

What are you looking for in a car that has brought you to these two? I didn’t see it stated specifically, but seems to be implied that you’re looking to purchase one?

What’s more important to you-- speed off the line? Mid/top range performance? Cornering? Comfort? Options (that seems to be what you’re alluding to with OnStar and trans options)?

Hard to say which is ‘better’ without knowing what things are important to you in the car.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I don’t know, but their radio commercials have me laughing every time. Especially the one where the pregnant woman is yelling at her mom who is partially conscious!
[/quote]
i laugh at their commercials too. the world is always ending with onstar.

challenger is the best looking of the new retro muscle cars. its the cleanest design and truest imo.

i can’t stand the camaro. it looks awkward and unfinished.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
PX-

What are you looking for in a car that has brought you to these two? I didn’t see it stated specifically, but seems to be implied that you’re looking to purchase one?

What’s more important to you-- speed off the line? Mid/top range performance? Cornering? Comfort? Options (that seems to be what you’re alluding to with OnStar and trans options)?

Hard to say which is ‘better’ without knowing what things are important to you in the car.[/quote]

When I was in high school, I said I wanted a 67 Mustang. I think I always wanted a Mustang of some kind…but after riding in both and seeing what both have to offer, what I really want…is a Mustang with On Star and all of the other extras I saw on the Camaro.

Honestly, On Star might sell the camaro alone because I know that brings down insurance costs.

It’s really hard to tell if there any other products that would be better. I have only heard of Lojack but in New York it is illegal to have in your car or it will not get serviced by the police since the last time I heard of it. It may have changed. Onstar doesn’t seem to have a state by state limitation and I think that is what I would go with seeing how many videos I have seen of people getting their cars back because of the cool service.

Also from doing a brief period of research on Lojack, it could cost up to $1500 upfront with no mention of service or yearly fees. Onstar looks that much better.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
PX-

Hard to say which is ‘better’ without knowing what things are important to you in the car.[/quote]

When I was in high school, I said I wanted a 67 Mustang. I think I always wanted a Mustang of some kind…but after riding in both and seeing what both have to offer, what I really want…is a Mustang with On Star and all of the other extras I saw on the Camaro.

Honestly, On Star might sell the camaro alone because I know that brings down insurance costs.[/quote]

Ford tried something similar called SmartAlert a couple years ago, but I honestly haven’t heard much about. I only even heard about it in trade mags (I do GPS/GIS software), but I don’t know that it ever went anywhere or is even still around. Certainly not at OnStar numbers or quality.

I don’t know man, sounds like you’re going to be a proud new owner of a Camaro…

Camaro is totally the way to go.