T Nation

Calves and Forearms-Help

Hey boys and girls!!

I know bringing up the calves and forearms are an important issue for many of you. It wouldn’t be any different! Having “no calves” is NOT genetic…its your priority that is to blame. Often times trainers treat calves like a “wtf” muscle and train them after a wicked leg session…this is the problem

The fix?

Adjust the timing of the calf training!

make them the first thing you do on an UPPERBODY day

1. your upper muscles wont be effected
  2. you’ll hit them harder because they’ll be fresh

how to train them?

often people train them with high reps. I never understood why but I don’t understand a lot of things lol…anyway train HEAVY…no wait, TRAIN THEM HEAVY AS FUCK!! your calves usually giggle at lightweight and high reps, sooo BEAT SOME RESPECT into their unruly asses (cuz u pay the damn bills in your house, not them)

4-6 sets 6-8 reps…ON MORE THAN ONE MACHINE! just using a seated calf raise isnt enough, therefore you should add the standing calf raise in the smith machine or standing with dumbbells…fuck it figure it out! just don’t do just one damn thing

same thing for forearms!! train them on leg day, FIRST!

COUPLE OTHER FOREARM TRICKS

GIVE ME A HANDJOB
Pick up the heaviest dumbbells you can and just hold them, SQUEEZE AS HARD AS POSSIBLE FOR A 15- count…2 or three times
Give two strangers handjobs! (super set! one with lube, one without)

Thicken the oly-bar by wrapping a towel or my pants around it, then deadlift or bench or what the fuck ever you’re doing

And there you have a great start!

I wouldn’t say always do forearms first on leg day.

Do them after any any deadlift variations. Though I assume you would have done that anyway.

Huh. My forearms have been kind of lagging. I’m going to start giving strangers handjobs.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Huh. My forearms have been kind of lagging. I’m going to start giving strangers handjobs.[/quote]

Try the Shaker Weight. It will help for any well-endowed strangers you meet

[quote]Sanitarium wrote:
Otep wrote:
Huh. My forearms have been kind of lagging. I’m going to start giving strangers handjobs.

Try the Shaker Weight. It will help for any well-endowed strangers you meet[/quote]

Right. An assistance exercise to help an assistance exercise. Why would I even do that?