Cals/Macros - Hard Body Training for Women

Hi. I’m new to posting on T-Nation but having been reading LOADS of the articles for months. I am about to undertake the Hard Body Training for women 10 week programme to take my raining to the next level.

I currently train 5 times a week - lower/upper/lower/upper the HIIT/crossfit/complex style training on 5th day. My sessions always start with heavy compound lifts and then followed by high rep work at moderate weight - often more isolation lifts.

My question is about my diet. I want to cut body fat (currently assessed as 24.8% on machine in my gym)
I eat 1500- 1600 cals (120C 143P 57F) taken from iifym.com
Do you all think I’m on the right lines to achieve my goals?

[quote]Hepburn0710 wrote:
Hi. I’m new to posting on T-Nation but having been reading LOADS of the articles for months. I am about to undertake the Hard Body Training for women 10 week programme to take my raining to the next level.

I currently train 5 times a week - lower/upper/lower/upper the HIIT/crossfit/complex style training on 5th day. My sessions always start with heavy compound lifts and then followed by high rep work at moderate weight - often more isolation lifts.

My question is about my diet. I want to cut body fat (currently assessed as 24.8% on machine in my gym)
I eat 1500- 1600 cals (120C 143P 57F) taken from iifym.com
Do you all think I’m on the right lines to achieve my goals? [/quote]

Your post to Bron says you currently weigh 143?

If you are doing a 10 week program with fat loss as your primary goal, I’m guessing you’d hope to weigh about 133 in ten weeks?

Every individual has their own metabolic rate, so this is an estimate, but according to fitday, you likely burn about 2,240 cals per day now. If that’s true, then you need to create a 500 calorie per day deficit to loose one pound per week. That would put your daily calorie needs for this 10 week program at about 1,740 cals per day. So yes, you may be undereating a bit at 1500-1600 calories per day. Of course, this is a general guideline. The real test is to try it out for a couple of weeks and see if your weight starts to come down.

The Macros you listed would put you at 30% carbs, 36% protein, and 33% fat (based on 1,550 calories per day). I think that’s a perfectly fine place to start. It’s a little bit low carb, but a lot of people here like to do that and have a lot of success with it.

I hope this is helpful. You can create a free account on fitday to compute your estimated caloric needs, your weight goal, the calorie restriction required to meet your goal…

Best of luck!

Puff

[quote]Hepburn0710 wrote:

[/quote]

BTW, I just read the Christian Thibaudeau article you linked. I LIKE! I hadn’t seen that before so thanks. I’d love to hear how it goes for you. Ten weeks of that should whip anybody into shape. Seriously.

Also, the nutrition info I mentioned above is just really basic. Nothing fancy like carb cycling or intermittent fasting. It’s ok to keep things simple here, IMO. You’ll have more tools to try if you stall out, or find that you don’t have enough energy on your training days…

Thanks very much! Yes I’m cracking on with it after my holiday next week so I’ll keep you posted! I think it’s going to be rough but awesome!