T Nation

Calories without Counting

I want to make sure i’m getting enough calories in but i dont have time for measuring with a scale which i’ve done in the past.

I’m 195 lbs, fat level is moderate i’m not gonna guess a percentage thats way off, I want to try and gain 2lbs a week, or at least eat for it.

In a day I normally eat the following.
5 whole eggs
4 cans tuna fish
2 and 1/2 servings oats
Big buffalo chicken sub
package of frozen veggies
4-5 rice cakes with natural pb and sugarfree jelly on it.

I dont know if thats enough but thats a pretty accurate description of what i eat on a daily basis.

[quote]TattoosNLifting wrote:
I want to make sure i’m getting enough calories in but i dont have time for measuring with a scale which i’ve done in the past.

I’m 195 lbs, fat level is moderate i’m not gonna guess a percentage thats way off, I want to try and gain 2lbs a week, or at least eat for it.

5 whole eggs
4 cans tuna fish
2 and 1/2 servings oats
Big buffalo chicken sub
package of frozen veggies

I dont know if thats enough but thats a pretty accurate description of what i eat on a daily basis.[/quote]

Congratulations? What are you looking for in this thread?

And is it really THAT much of a hassle to go to Fitday.com once a day for a week just to check?

[quote]TattoosNLifting wrote:

5 whole eggs 350 calories
4 cans tuna fish 800 cals?
2 and 1/2 servings oats 500?
Big buffalo chicken sub 800? (obviously can vary a lot here)
package of frozen veggies 50 cals
120, 380, 150
.[/quote]

It’s hard to tell because you’re not listing serving sizes for all stuff, so I’m just going off what I think it could be.

3,000 calories, no where near enough for an active person to gain 2 lbs/wk. Though I would personally shoot for closer to 1 lb/wk.

btw- why not eat some fruit through the day?

btw- how in the hell do you eat 4 cans of tuna a day? good grief.

also, I’m not usually one to raise the mercury flag, but it might be something to consider here

Idk about the rest of you but after a while of trying to gain weight I got a pretty good idea of how much I need to eat to gain weight, especially when I’m eating the same meals/foods over and over again for weeks on end.

If your weight doesn’t go up one week, then add more food. If your weight raises too quickly for a week, then drop a small amount of food. Simple. Just go with what your body tells you.