Calories of an Endurance Athlete

I realize that endurance athletes require about twice as much carbs and fats as power, sprint, and bodybuilding athletes. So, even though an endurance athlete doesn’t require nearly as much protein as a power, sprint, and bodybuilding athletes, wouldn’ an endurance athlete actually require more calories per day than a power, sprint, or bodybuilding athlete?

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
I realize that endurance athletes require about twice as much carbs and fats as power, sprint, and bodybuilding athletes. So, even though an endurance athlete doesn’t require nearly as much protein as a power, sprint, and bodybuilding athletes, wouldn’ an endurance athlete actually require more calories per day than a power, sprint, or bodybuilding athlete?[/quote]

I am no expert, but since endurance is steady state cardio, which utilizes fat as an energy source, wouldn’t it be logical that endurance athletes need more fats, and sprinters need more carbs?

I know two people who did/do insane amounts of cardio for their “sport” (one a high level triathlete, the other a high level marathon mountains biker) and the amount of food they put down to maintain a weight/build that most here would consider skinny is ridiculous. I mean entire box of cereal and half a jar of pb as a post training snack ridiculous. Also, why do you keep starting threads like this?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Also, why do you keep starting threads like this? [/quote]

They’re potentially interesting topics.

I might argue that this ‘endurance athletes’ is least interesting, who even cares how they support their look??

You would be surprised by what some endo athletes are able to put down. I would posit that MEB watches his diet as well as ANY professional bodybuilder out there. In his case it is still a power to weight issue so he keeps his diet very fine tuned.

All this shit about gluten free…hah hah hah. I brought MEB a 50# bag of Premium High Gluten flour from his mother for his wife to cook with. . .so he does probably put down close to 3500 cals a day into a 123# body.

here is some training video of us…

Have you ever considered picking up a book on sports nutrition or reading some of the thousands and thousands of articles on the topic?

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Also, why do you keep starting threads like this? [/quote]

They’re potentially interesting topics.

I might argue that this ‘endurance athletes’ is least interesting, who even cares how they support their look??

[/quote]

I think it’s really interesting, it could just be condensed into one large thread instead of a few smaller ones.