Calories During Active Rest?

Guys,

I am about to start a week of “active rest” after 8 weeks of TBT where I will do more outdoors type of exercise and take a break from the weights. What would be the ideal way to treat my meals/calorie intake during this period? Should I aim for a maintenance level whilst still following the “rules” or just eat like any other normal person for week just for a change? I remember reading about eating during a rest week in an article by either JB or LL but I can’t seem to find it again. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, do any of you know what a good macronutrient profile and calorie intake would be if I was to do more endurance exercise (ie cycling and swimming) for a month or so? I assume that I would need a higher carb ratio but would like some confirmation.

Ben

Since you are still gonna be active IMO eat around 250 calories over matenence. That way you don’t run the risk of losing any muscle. As far as carbs for endurnace type activities, I would increase them a little for energy, especially around the activity(ala JBs philosophy). Have fun while “resting”.