Calories Counting and Ratios

what is a good ratio of carbs/protein/fat that i should be eating while trying to gain muscle while losing fat?

right now i’m taking HOT-ROX extreme and a protein shake after my workouts

Don’t try to gain muscle while losing fat.

Everybody wants to gain muscle while losing fat but for most people its just not a realistic goal day-to-day. I tried and tried this for years and got absolutely nowhere.

However, I have found one program that works real well for me. I figure that, since its impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at once, bodybuilders spend part of the year bulking and then part cutting.

Well, I just compress this cycle from a year-long process to a weekly cycle. I lift four times a week and eat BIG on those days and the other days I do a mini cut. This way, at the end of the week, I have both gained mucle and lost fat.

This is NOT the most effective way to build muscle. However, I find it to be a ood compromise if you don’t want to gain alot of fat and it was worked real well for me.

Another possibility, which I’m actually doing now, is to alternate 2 weeks of bulking with 2 weeks of fat loss. It’s going fine so far, but it’s probably too early for me to make a real judgment about the program.

[quote]abominabelsnoman wrote:
Everybody wants to gain muscle while losing fat but for most people its just not a realistic goal day-to-day. I tried and tried this for years and got absolutely nowhere.

However, I have found one program that works real well for me. I figure that, since its impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at once, bodybuilders spend part of the year bulking and then part cutting.

Well, I just compress this cycle from a year-long process to a weekly cycle. I lift four times a week and eat BIG on those days and the other days I do a mini cut. This way, at the end of the week, I have both gained mucle and lost fat.

This is NOT the most effective way to build muscle. However, I find it to be a ood compromise if you don’t want to gain alot of fat and it was worked real well for me.[/quote]

i like that idea. but i dont really get what your saying by mini cut. could you pm me with some info?

Eat Clean and you won’t put on much fat. Maybe try only eating a few hundred calories above maintenance, and make sure cardio is a regular part of the workout. I can’t say you’ll gain muscle AND lose fat, but I can say you’ll minimize the fat gain. 1 weeks off and on won’t do much, your body needs more time than that to make real change.