T Nation

Calorie Intake to Maintain?

hey guys recently done my bodyfat and weight and got a result of 12.64% at a bodyweight of 95.1 kg (209.2 lbs). if i want to maitain this look or possibly drop very little what do u recomned my maintanence will be? with a macro break down

Well eat an amount. Weigh one’s self. If scale moves over the space of a month then eat in the opposite direction of the scale moving. Repeat till scale stays still! Only then will you be sure that you are progressing on no way what so ever.

Possibly start with BW x 13 so 2600-2700 calories.

[quote]TANK123 wrote:
hey guys recently done my bodyfat and weight and got a result of 12.64% at a bodyweight of 95.1 kg (209.2 lbs). if i want to maitain this look or possibly drop very little what do u recomned my maintanence will be? with a macro break down[/quote]

Would need to know your current daily calories and macros.

Lean Body Mass = LBM

LBM * 1.5 = Grams of Protein per day
LBM * 1 = Grams of Carbohydrates per day
LBM * 0.5 = Grams of Fat per day

^Starting Point^

As ESX wrote, use a scale to figure out if this is enough. If not increase your carbs by 0.25 and then wait a week or two to measure again. Rinse and repeat.

LBM * 1.5 = Grams of Protein per day
LBM * 1.25 = Grams of Carbohydrates per day
LBM * 0.5 = Grams of Fat per day

^second step^

sweet guys thanks for the tips. what i was thinking is for two weeks i will run 4 days low carbs under 60 grams with high fat and protein reaching up to 2000cals. and then sunday Tue thur the days be4 training have high calroie carb meals to get me ready fro my next day. this has been working good for me so far will run it for 2 weeks and c how it goes after. if not well i will try what u said jlone with cycling carbs and fat however same calorie intake