T Nation

Calling Out Ethan7x

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[quote]Septimum wrote:
I know there was one where Chris Colucci called him out, but I can’t seem to find it/remember what it was called.[/quote]

Chris Colucci should be called out. He is all over the place telling everyone they are wrong but he doesnt even look like he lift. For me he is no more than an internet smart-ass.[/quote]

Okay Canuck where is your article for TNation?

Hey gang, what’s new in here? :wink: (I got word that I was being “discussed.”)

[quote]Septimum wrote:
I know there was one where Chris Colucci called him out, but I can’t seem to find it/remember what it was called.[/quote]
There were two threads where I did “call him out” for simply giving crap advice. Both times, he immediately went back and edit/deleted his posts in question and said his roommate logged onto his account trying to cause trouble. This was shortly before his history of trolling other sites was exposed.



There was also another thread where he talked about going from 130 pounds to 180, at a height of 6’0". but that seems to have been deleted as well.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Chris Colucci should be called out. He is all over the place telling everyone they are wrong but he doesnt even look like he lift. For me he is no more than an internet smart-ass.[/quote]
Luckily, I was enough of a smart-ass to have been the only person to really offer you advice when you asked a few years ago.


I couldn’t find any direct interactions we’ve had more recently, so I seriously don’t know where you’re coming from.

As far as looking like I lift, A - I haven’t trained for physique goals since I-can’t-remember-when. B - That 110-pound dumbbell in my avatar didn’t levitate into that position. And C - I just compared my current pic to yours, and it didn’t really turn out so well, seeing as how you have none. Nice try though.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Okay Canuck where is your article for TNation?[/quote]
Not to nit-pick, but it’s articles. That piece on symmetry was lucky number 13.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
As far as looking like I lift … That 110-pound dumbbell in my avatar didn’t levitate into that position.[/quote]

I just wanted to say that’s an impressive bent press. I’ve only put up about 55. I haven’t tried that for a long time.

Ignore Jasmincar, guys. He only posted in this thread to get some of the OP’s spotlight. Not the first time it’s happened. You’re just giving him the attention he wants.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Hey gang, what’s new in here? :wink: (I got word that I was being “discussed.”)
[/quote]

and that gentlemen, is how to answer a call out.

[quote]Cuso wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Hey gang, what’s new in here? :wink: (I got word that I was being “discussed.”)
[/quote]

and that gentlemen, is how to answer a call out.[/quote]

bitch got fucking owned!!!

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

Chris Colucci should be called out. He is all over the place telling everyone they are wrong but he doesnt even look like he lift. For me he is no more than an internet smart-ass.[/quote]

Yeah, let’s call out a guy that has been training/coaching people for like a decade and helps people out in the forums here for free. That’s brilliant.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
That 110-pound dumbbell in my avatar didn’t levitate into that position
[/quote]

Cables.

Its all cables-

And photoshop.

There is no other possible explanation.

Well, nylon cords, maybe.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
That 110-pound dumbbell in my avatar didn’t levitate into that position
[/quote]

Cables.

Its all cables-

And photoshop.

There is no other possible explanation.

Well, nylon cords, maybe. [/quote]

stunt double.

fake weight.

sorcery.

the picture’s upside down: he’s actually hanging from the ceiling.

all legit possibilities.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
That 110-pound dumbbell in my avatar didn’t levitate into that position
[/quote]

Cables.

Its all cables-

And photoshop.

There is no other possible explanation.

Well, nylon cords, maybe. [/quote]

stunt double.

fake weight.

sorcery.

the picture’s upside down: he’s actually hanging from the ceiling.

all legit possibilities.[/quote]

It’s obvious he’s in space. Duh.

Or at the very least, in a huge airplane that is outfitted with a gym-like interior, that is conducting a steep dive to simulate zero gravity…you know…for photo-op purposes…and stuff.

““Luckily, I was enough of a smart-ass to have been the only person to really offer you advice when you asked a few years ago.


I couldn’t find any direct interactions we’ve had more recently, so I seriously don’t know where you’re coming from.””

Wow.
Jasmin, trust me life is going to shit all over you if you’re kicking-out to people who offered you help

I thought about it, and both sorcery and zero gravity would be a form of levitating.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
the picture’s upside down: he’s actually hanging from the ceiling.[/quote]
Busted. I am Nightcrawler.

~ bamf ~ [/faint smell of brimstone]

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I just wanted to say that’s an impressive bent press. I’ve only put up about 55. I haven’t tried that for a long time.[/quote]
Ha, thanks man. It’s funny. When I first had the idea to work on it, I was thinking I’d aim to hit bodyweight. Within the first week of training, I’m thinking “Uh, half-bodyweight would be just fine.”

Haha that’s great, it actually looks semi-legit upside down. You should flip your avatar picture too.

Nightcrawler reference also appreciated.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
the picture’s upside down: he’s actually hanging from the ceiling.[/quote]
Busted. I am Nightcrawler.

~ bamf ~ [/faint smell of brimstone]

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I just wanted to say that’s an impressive bent press. I’ve only put up about 55. I haven’t tried that for a long time.[/quote]
Ha, thanks man. It’s funny. When I first had the idea to work on it, I was thinking I’d aim to hit bodyweight. Within the first week of training, I’m thinking “Uh, half-bodyweight would be just fine.”[/quote]

Idea for a new article Chris: teach us how to bent press. I just can’t get it.

I agree you should flip your avatar picture, it’ll look like some kind of gnarly one armed handstand push up.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Hey gang, what’s new in here? :wink: (I got word that I was being “discussed.”)

[quote]Septimum wrote:
I know there was one where Chris Colucci called him out, but I can’t seem to find it/remember what it was called.[/quote]
There were two threads where I did “call him out” for simply giving crap advice. Both times, he immediately went back and edit/deleted his posts in question and said his roommate logged onto his account trying to cause trouble. This was shortly before his history of trolling other sites was exposed.



There was also another thread where he talked about going from 130 pounds to 180, at a height of 6’0". but that seems to have been deleted as well.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Chris Colucci should be called out. He is all over the place telling everyone they are wrong but he doesnt even look like he lift. For me he is no more than an internet smart-ass.[/quote]
Luckily, I was enough of a smart-ass to have been the only person to really offer you advice when you asked a few years ago.


I couldn’t find any direct interactions we’ve had more recently, so I seriously don’t know where you’re coming from.

As far as looking like I lift, A - I haven’t trained for physique goals since I-can’t-remember-when. B - That 110-pound dumbbell in my avatar didn’t levitate into that position. And C - I just compared my current pic to yours, and it didn’t really turn out so well, seeing as how you have none. Nice try though.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Okay Canuck where is your article for TNation?[/quote]
Not to nit-pick, but it’s articles. That piece on symmetry was lucky number 13.


[/quote]

Lol you can pick Chris I was in a hurry yesterday. So have no problem being corrected.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
the picture’s upside down: he’s actually hanging from the ceiling.[/quote]
Busted. I am Nightcrawler.

~ bamf ~ [/faint smell of brimstone]

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I just wanted to say that’s an impressive bent press. I’ve only put up about 55. I haven’t tried that for a long time.[/quote]
Ha, thanks man. It’s funny. When I first had the idea to work on it, I was thinking I’d aim to hit bodyweight. Within the first week of training, I’m thinking “Uh, half-bodyweight would be just fine.”[/quote]

Oh stop it…you internet smart-ass you…

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[quote]Septimum wrote:
I know there was one where Chris Colucci called him out, but I can’t seem to find it/remember what it was called.[/quote]

Chris Colucci should be called out. He is all over the place telling everyone they are wrong but he doesnt even look like he lift. For me he is no more than an internet smart-ass.[/quote]

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]johnny123 wrote:
mmm I’m just so confused about what and what I shouldn’t be doing[/quote]
Then simplify, simplify, simplify.

It’s pretty normal for a young dude to get overwhelmed by the options on the Internet. So, take a breath and focus on doing the basics consistently and laying a solid foundation.

For training, choose any one of the plans below. Any one. It… does… not… matter… which. But you’ll pick one and stick with it for four months. You won’t be “bulking” or “cutting”. Your goal is going to be “lifting weights 3-5 days per week for 16 weeks without interruption.”





For nutrition, again, you’re not going to be “bulking” or “cutting”. You’re just going to be “eating well for the next 16 weeks.” Don’t stress about your bodyweight too much, trying to make sure it goes up or goes down. As long as you’re getting stronger each week in the gym and you’re getting closer to “liking” what you see in the mirror, you’re on the right track.

These nutrition articles have some very good, but basic, guidelines. Simply focusing on eating well a few times a day, and eating “clean” more often than not, but not trying to eat like a pre-contest bodybuilder.


http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1464

(^ great list of what foods to focus on.)

If you can cook a bit for yourself, do it. That’s going to make things even easier.[/quote]

This is from Mr. Colucci. This post should be put in a sticky and should be mandatory reading for everyone in the beginner forum. I gave it to one of my really confused buddies and he started growing magically.

Above post is great. I’m currently getting my 16 y/o brother into training and am trying to start him reading a few things without overwhelming him with information. Almost tempted to let him avoid the internet all together though.

As promised…BUMP.