T Nation

Calling Chinning MONSTERS!

I forgot who it was…one of the writers for The Nation here…

anyway they said something to the affect of:

“it takes a lot to impress me in the gym, but this made me stop and watch; i saw a Canadian mountain climber doing 1 arm chinups holding a 45lb plate over his chest with the other hand.”

Not an exact qoute but you get the idea.

[quote]texas-supreme wrote:
Charles Poliquin said that while visiting Russia he saw russian FEMALE swimmer did about 70 picture-perfect chins while still NOT REACHING FAILURE!!!

Does anyone knows similar feat of chinning prowess?[/quote]

I don’t know about not reaching failure, but the San Diego Marine Corps Recruit depot pullup record was set in 2002 at 76 pullups.

76 pullups is quite a lot lol. Can anyone explain to me how much like as said before…200% of 180 pounds is?

[quote]texas-supreme wrote:
Charles Poliquin said that while visiting Russia he saw russian FEMALE swimmer did about 70 picture-perfect chins while still NOT REACHING FAILURE!!!

Does anyone knows similar feat of chinning prowess?[/quote]

In a roundabout way, I heard of a SEAL going to the Olympic Training Center for some reason and he knocked off 70 or 75 chins. I have never heard of such a thing elsewhere.

[quote]Drive wrote:
I forgot who it was…one of the writers for The Nation here…

anyway they said something to the affect of:

“it takes a lot to impress me in the gym, but this made me stop and watch; i saw a Canadian mountain climber doing 1 arm chinups holding a 45lb plate over his chest with the other hand.”

Not an exact qoute but you get the idea.[/quote]

There is a professional Rock Climber who works out at the gym where I work who can do that.

He can also do one arm “Monkey Jumps” (basically pull so hard with one arm that he can jump up the rungs of an inclined set of monkey bars, or the backs of stairs).

Prepare to feel weak.

http://www128.pair.com/r3d4k7/Chinups.html