Calling All Trainers!!!!

Hello all,
I’m 5’10" and weigh 223 lbs.
I need to lose some serious fat! Seriously!

My heart says to just go out and do like 45-60 minutes of cardio a day because I think that is the real way of losing fat. But on here you have fitness guru guys preaching all these different ways of losing fat and gaining muscle. 10x3 5x5 3x3, HIIT, TBT, Meltdown, RRD 2.0, Cheat to lose, Get Lean Without Dieting, Shredded etc etc. Do these guys work for T-Nation and have to come up with a certain amount of articles?
So many of them actually contradict each other!

Am I correct when I say cardio is the best? Or is there a better faster way to lose fat?
If you trainers acquired a new client that needed to lose some serious fat-and that was his main goal, what would you have them do?

Thanks,
Jeff

I’m a trainer (not that it matters), and my advice to you is get off the damn computer and do something about it. You don’t need the perfect program to get into shape, just fuckin do something.

More muscle = fater fat burning. Doing 45-60 minutes of cardio will certainly make you lose weight. It will also make you lose muscle. Weight training is required if you want to keep what muscle mass you have and drop the fat.

For the record, 10x3 is an excellent program for dropping fat. Not sure about the others, but 10x3 definitely works.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
I’m a trainer (not that it matters), and my advice to you is get off the damn computer and do something about it. You don’t need the perfect program to get into shape, just fuckin do something.[/quote]

I’m not a trainer, I’m a lifter. But, I agree with this trainer.

I’m refusing to answer on this thread. The premise is to bring in all trainers, and have them debate out their methodology.

The OP says, “Hey people here have all kinds of ideas, whats best?”

Then all of us with our different ideas battle it out, and nothing ever gets done other than wasted bandwith of argument, and the OP gets in no better shape.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:
I’m a trainer (not that it matters), and my advice to you is get off the damn computer and do something about it. You don’t need the perfect program to get into shape, just fuckin do something.[/quote]

I’m not on the computer all that much. I am doing something. On here you have people saying don’t do cardio but lift weights to lose fat. Then you have others who say the opposite. I just dont want to go out and do “something” if that “something” don’t work.

BTW-I like your straight forward attitude. Seriously! That’s what I’m looking for in an answer but with just a little more info. Thanks.

Jeff

[quote]Jeff Spicoli wrote:
X-Factor wrote:
I’m a trainer (not that it matters), and my advice to you is get off the damn computer and do something about it. You don’t need the perfect program to get into shape, just fuckin do something.

I’m not on the computer all that much. I am doing something. On here you have people saying don’t do cardio but lift weights to lose fat. Then you have others who say the opposite. I just dont want to go out and do “something” if that “something” don’t work.

BTW-I like your straight forward attitude. Seriously! That’s what I’m looking for in an answer but with just a little more info. Thanks.

Jeff[/quote]

Anything is better than nothing.

X-Factor wrote:

On here you have people saying don’t do cardio but lift weights to lose fat. Then you have others who say the opposite. I just dont want to go out and do “something” if that “something” don’t work.
[/quote]

Show me one article on here focused on fat loss that doesn’t include some form of cardio. I’d love to see it.

And how do you know if that “something” works or doesn’t work if you don’t try it? Nobody is going to give you the ultimate program that will work guranteed. Pick something and go do it. If it’s not turning in results, tweak it or try something else.

[quote]X-Factor wrote:

What kind of workout do you give your FAT clients?

If you just tell them to go out and do “something” then I need to become a trainer. How easy! :slight_smile:

Jeff

Step 1. Pick any method
Step 2. Do it

There. It’s simple. If you haven’t been doing anything to lose weight, doing ANYTHING posted here for losing fat will work. Eat clean, lift weights, do cardio and get your fat ass out of your computer chair and into a gym.

X-Factor wrote:

What kind of workout do you give your FAT clients?

If you just tell them to go out and do “something” then I need to become a trainer. How easy! :slight_smile:

Jeff

[/quote]

Zing!

Anyways, try to keep it simple. Eat lots of clean, healthy foods and up your exercise level. Make your entire day exercise. That is as simple and straightforward as you can get. Don’t think too hard about it.

cardio is good for losing fat. so is lifting weights. do both!

This thread is funny. It reminds me of the old saying, “The best exercise is the one you do!”.

Weight training, cardio, diet and supplementation are all needed for maximizing fat loss.

If you can’t find the specifics for each of these components by using this site’s search feature you certainly won’t be able to actually implement them. Good luck.