T Nation

Calling All T-Nation Psychonauts

Here’s Daniel Pinchbeck’s (author of “Breaking Open The Head”) website:

http://www.realitysandwich.com/

I didn’t know he had an online Ezine til today.

You obviously don’t work in the defense industry :wink:

Don’t you worry about the effect that stuff has on your thinking?

Shit, I thought you were arranging some sort of T-Nation, psychedelic symposium. Got my hopes up.

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
Shit, I thought you were arranging some sort of T-Nation, psychedelic symposium. Got my hopes up.[/quote]

Hey, I am open to that suggestion!

Years ago (about 10), I had a Yahoo Group called Entheogens and Catalysts (which still exists but is rather inactive now)
and all active members agreed to log in stoned on something.
Some of us had a difficult time figuring out which keyboard was the “real” one :slight_smile:

As for a symposium, I guess we could have a cell, though I am unclear about how one goes about having one of those. For months, there has just been the one for bodybuilding and the other for military people.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
You obviously don’t work in the defense industry :wink:

Don’t you worry about the effect that stuff has on your thinking?[/quote]

I worry more about the effect not being on psychedelics has on my thinking.

Luckily, here in Silicon Valley most employers know that if they did random drug tests that they would basically lose at least fifty percent of their most valuable employees.

A) What is a psychonaut?
B) How much training is involved?
C) Where do I send my resume?

This summer I will have a degree in accounting and three years of experience painting houses. Oh, and grit. I’ve got lots of grit. And seeing how no one else is hiring, I wanna become a psychonaut.

A) A psychonaut is one who uses various mental-state altering techniques, from brain wave and light therapy to hallucinogens, as a means of self-discovery and exploration of the mind.

B) Training is not required per se, but it does take a degree of experience, and is best started off with a mentor. The important thing is staying relaxed, keeping an open mind, and hiding all dangerous objects.

C) Your experience with paint may be sufficient; contact Entheogens by PM.

[quote]Kinoz wrote:
A) A psychonaut is one who uses various mental-state altering techniques, from brain wave and light therapy to hallucinogens, as a means of self-discovery and exploration of the mind.

B) Training is not required per se, but it does take a degree of experience, and is best started off with a mentor. The important thing is staying relaxed, keeping an open mind, and hiding all dangerous objects.

C) Your experience with paint may be sufficient; contact Entheogens by PM.[/quote]

What does pay start at?

Or does it start?

Call me an amateur psychonaut… psychonaut-in-training… in many ways, my journeys into my own inner universe are what finally brought me around to a healthy lifestyle.

Did anyone else do anything in honor of the late Albert Hofmann? About a week after his death, a friend and I attempted a recreation of bicycle day, I made the above placard to keep with us as a memorial.

Unfortunately, it didn’t quite go as planned, we decided that neither one of us would be capable of riding a bicycle, much less while carrying a passenger.

I read Pinchbeck’s books in college. The first one blew my mind. His second book kinda freaked me out a little bit, and I thought he lost the plot a bit, but still an interesting read.

I haven’t done anything in awhile, and I am in dire need of a head check, but my job prohibits such activites. Silicon Valley sounds like a great place to work.

Cool website though, I’m looking forward to checking it out.