Calling All Liberals!

Jane Fonda to Oppose Iraq War on Bus Tour

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - Actress and activist Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

“I can’t go into any detail except to say that it’s going to be pretty exciting,” she said.

Fonda said her anti-war tour in March will use a bus that runs on “vegetable oil.” She will be joined by families of Iraq war veterans and her daughter.

They plan to return to the Santa Fe area, where she was promoting her book, “My Life So Far” on Saturday.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

“I’ve decided I’m coming out,” she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

“I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam,” she said. “I carry a lot of baggage from that.”

Fonda incited controversy in July 1972 when she was photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun while on a tour of the country to drum up support to end the war."

LIBERALS REJOICE!!!

I’ll be looking for lumpy, e-hater, mark, damici, daveyboy, and a jealous canadian to join the movement!!!

Bring your soy lattes and help us defeat George W. Bush!!!

Afterward, we’ll sit under the oaks, burn incense, and read sierra club brochures until we fall asleep.

Would someone bring the dolphin free-tuna??

JeffR

wow, this is how i know people with money have way to much time on their hands.

people need hobbies to stop them from taking up useless endeavors like these

Sounds more like she’s trying to prolong the war. She should STFU.

Yes, pull out and leave a bigger mess behind than what was there before.

Fantastic solution.

Ah, there’s the real reason for the tour… You need to move some copies you know. Gotta make those bucks.

Jane Fonda is an idiot. Confuse her with real liberals at your peril.

So I log on to T-Nation for a last minute check of the poli-forums before I go on vacation and low…JeffR requesting my presence–naturally I couldn?t leave him hangin’. But to my surprise a post about Hanoi Jane herself…this is the same woman who pleased so many Vietnam vets by touring NVA anti-aircraft batteries and addressing the US Air Force over a radio address pleading with them to stop dropping bombs? I don’t think she has any standing with anyone except the extreme left. Though I oppose the Iraq war because I know it had nothing to do with the WOT I don’t think she?ll lend any credibility to the antiwar effort and will just muck thing up. Personally I wouldn’t want her fighting my battles–I don’t even care that she may be a communist.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Confuse her with real liberals at your peril.
[/quote]
Now that I think about it I wouldn’t want to be considered a liberal if she were part of our constituency.

I’d like to see where this discussion goes when no one has anything respectable to say about 'ol Jane.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I’d like to see where this discussion goes when no one has anything respectable to say about 'ol Jane.[/quote]

I’ll pipe up and say something:

She was Barbarella, man!

I’d do unspeakable (and illegal) things to that woman to this very day. Just on principle if nothing else. I’m thinking along the lines of Cherry Jello, handcuffs, vanilla scented candles, an executioner hood, a couple of thousand dollars cash, an unopened bottle of champagne, and a box of Trojans.

The fact that she’s an ultra-liberal whiner now would just make it all that sweeter when she has her feet pinned behind her head. Whimper, bitch!

I guess that’s not very “respectable” though, is it? Nevermind.

JeffR,
Please define “liberal”. Then define “conservative”.
I’ll need to know this before I can comment.
Thank you.

YE[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I’d like to see where this discussion goes when no one has anything respectable to say about 'ol Jane.

I’ll pipe up and say something:

She was Barbarella, man!

I’d do unspeakable (and illegal) things to that woman to this very day. Just on principle if nothing else. I’m thinking along the lines of Cherry Jello, handcuffs, vanilla scented candles, an executioner hood, a couple of thousand dollars cash, an unopened bottle of champagne, and a box of Trojans.

The fact that she’s an ultra-liberal whiner now would just make it all that sweeter when she has her feet pinned behind her head. Whimper, bitch!

I guess that’s not very “respectable” though, is it? Nevermind.[/quote]

YES!!!

I first saw Barbarella when I was 10- 12. Let?s me just say that was a life changing event and she will allways have a place in my, ?h… Well, a very special place.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I don’t think she has any standing with anyone except the extreme left. [/quote]

Interesting statement in lieu of who currently presides over the democratic party as Chairman.

Howard Dean is as anti Iraq war as anyone and considered very far to the left. Therefore, does Jane have “standing” with in the democratic party? We all know that other “extreme liberals” do. Michael Moore sat in a place of honor next to former President Jimmy Carter. Do you think he is any closer to the center than Jane Fonda?

I would wager that there are many members of the democratic party who either secretly applaud this move of hers, or will openly embrace it!

The democratic party is constantly moving further left. That is only one reason that they are not the majority party in any branch of government.
Those who are currently registered to vote as “democrat” should rethink their position because of people like Howard Dean, Jane Fonda, Michael Moore and others who have brought the party so far left that it has become less admired, less effective and most importantly far less electable!

I love her. Not that I love here, but I love her for being hated by every Republican pig that expresses his patriotism by being in favor of the war in Vietnam then and now in Iraq, but is to chicken to actually get out there. Dubious comes to mind.

I mean, they drop their cover when she’s around, don’t they? And then you can whack them with the truth.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
I love her. Not that I love here, but I love her for being hated by every Republican pig that expresses his patriotism by being in favor of the war in Vietnam then and now in Iraq, but is to chicken to actually get out there. Dubious comes to mind.

I mean, they drop their cover when she’s around, don’t they? And then you can whack them with the truth.[/quote]

It seems the Dems drop their cover when she and Michael Moore are around.

While we won’t know if the Iraqi campaign was a good idea or not for years to come, I think most people understand pulling out now would be a disaster.

Now she goes around advocating pulling out of Iraq just so she can sell books. Disgusting.

By the way it was our support for the French (big mistake) in the 50’s that set up the conflict and the Dems in the 60’s that actually got us in Vietnam. Nixon pulled us out. Look it up.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Jane Fonda is an idiot. Confuse her with real liberals at your peril.[/quote]

Yes, she is an idiot. She is an ultra liberal too. Her brand of liberalism has infected the Democratic Party. That is why they keep losing elections.

The Deomocrats are the ones in peril.

The Democrats must shed her kind of crap and start representing the people again, not the Hollywood left.

Will Hillary embrace Jane when she comes to NY? Will theys swap spit?

Jane is a poster girl for the left. Hillary relies on the left as her base but is desperate to appear centrist during the reinvention phase.

Tough decision for Hillary.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Will Hillary embrace Jane when she comes to NY? Will theys swap spit?

Jane is a poster girl for the left. Hillary relies on the left as her base but is desperate to appear centrist during the reinvention phase.

[/quote]

I am very interested…who has shown public support of Jane Fonda?

i love the way she has to point out that her bus is running on “Vegetable oil”. Big deal, Bio-diesal has been out forever. Its cheaper, just as efficient, and it makes your truck smell like french fries.

I saw this on TRUCKS!. http://www.biodieselsolutions.com/products/fuelmeister.asp

[quote]ZEB wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I don’t think she has any standing with anyone except the extreme left.

Interesting statement in lieu of who currently presides over the democratic party as Chairman.

Howard Dean is as anti Iraq war as anyone and considered very far to the left. Therefore, does Jane have “standing” with in the democratic party? We all know that other “extreme liberals” do. Michael Moore sat in a place of honor next to former President Jimmy Carter. Do you think he is any closer to the center than Jane Fonda?

I would wager that there are many members of the democratic party who either secretly applaud this move of hers, or will openly embrace it!

The democratic party is constantly moving further left. That is only one reason that they are not the majority party in any branch of government.
Those who are currently registered to vote as “democrat” should rethink their position because of people like Howard Dean, Jane Fonda, Michael Moore and others who have brought the party so far left that it has become less admired, less effective and most importantly far less electable!
[/quote]

I heard somewhere the grand wizard of the klu klux klan is a registered republican and staunch supporter of the iraq war. Does that mean he and you share the same platform Zeb? Maybe you should reconsider your repub registration.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
hedo wrote:
Will Hillary embrace Jane when she comes to NY? Will they swap spit?

I am very interested…who has shown public support of Jane Fonda?
[/quote]

Don’t know if Jane is running for anything? My post was a reference to Hillary. Will Hillary allow herself to be seen with Jane…due to Jane’s history.

I would assume her publisher supports her publicly? The numerous anti-war rallies and groups she plans to meet with most likely will support her in public.? I think McCain said we should forgive her…not sure about that one though.

Here’s a summary of Jane’s political contributions that have been reported for the past two years and a few specific examples. Remember it doesn’t include PAC money which is the real way to “show your support”.

Hillary, Moveon.org, Boxer.

The question is since she supports them (Hillary, Boxer) will they be seen with her.

Jane Fonda
$123,096 Democrat
$71,450 special interest
total: $194,546

Contributor Candidate or PAC Amount Date
FONDA, JANE
ATLANTA, GA 31107
ENTERTAINER CLINTON, HILLARY RODHAM (D)
Senate - NY
FRIENDS OF HILLARY $2,000
primary 03/31/05

Fonda, Jane