Call to Cull TSA

Congressional report calls for drastic changes at TSA

My favorite part:

“At the same time, the screening process has become increasingly rigorous for each passenger regardless of his or her individual risk. The TSA has developed a behavior detection program in an effort to single out potentially dangerous fliers, but according to the Government Accountability Office, 17 known terrorists have traveled through security 24 different times at the eight airports where this program is in place.”

So, why does the GAO know this but the TSA seemed to miss it?

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
Congressional report calls for drastic changes at TSA

My favorite part:

“At the same time, the screening process has become increasingly rigorous for each passenger regardless of his or her individual risk. The TSA has developed a behavior detection program in an effort to single out potentially dangerous fliers, but according to the Government Accountability Office, 17 known terrorists have traveled through security 24 different times at the eight airports where this program is in place.”

So, why does the GAO know this but the TSA seemed to miss it?[/quote]

Is it because someone is lobbying behind the TSA?.. maybe someone who has a huge stake in scanning equipment? HMMMM?

Ughh, I fucking hate flying.

I will actually take greater than a half days drive over short flights if I can. (24 hour day, not 8 hour day)

Hell it’s as quick or quicker much of the time and hassle free.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I will actually take greater than a half days drive over short flights if I can. (24 hour day, not 8 hour day)

Hell it’s as quick or quicker much of the time and hassle free.[/quote]

I used to enjoy it to a degree. Now with all the bullshit “security” in place, it sucks.

If driving to Hawaii was an option, then I’d agree with ya.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Hell it’s as quick or quicker much of the time and hassle free.[/quote]

I used to enjoy it to a degree. Now with all the bullshit “security” in place, it sucks.

If driving to Hawaii was an option, then I’d agree with ya.
[/quote]
Well Hawaii is totally worth it! Have fun.

oops

hate flying too… not because of security though, it’s just an irrational fear of mine. I used to be OK flying, in fact I enjoyed it. But a few years ago on one of my Greece trips there was a small scare on the flight back to Chicago where we got diverted to Iceland (fan broke under the cockpit which caused smoke in the plane), and ever since I never want to do it again. I get worried on the slightest bit of turbulence now.

^^ I’ve been lucky with my flights from Japan to Canada/US…I get an aisle and nobody next to me…almost as good as first class. I said almost.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Crammed seating/small seats/full flights/fat fucks.

[/quote]

Try 12 hour flights when you are 6’ 4".[/quote]
damn, that sucks. did not know you were that tall, either.

also, I can barely fit in my Corolla, so yes, planes a tight squeeze for me as well.

6’2", hover around 275…flying is a bitch

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

Or any flights where your companion is 6’4", 260, and therefore you always get the middle seat and have to share half of your seat and leg room with your companion…

I love flying alone, it’s the only time I get a window or aisle seat.

I hate armrest thieves. And nothing is ickier than some random person’s hip and thigh cemented against yours as they ooze under the seat.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

Or any flights where your companion is 6’4", 260, and therefore you always get the middle seat and have to share half of your seat and leg room with your companion…

I love flying alone, it’s the only time I get a window or aisle seat.

I hate armrest thieves. And nothing is ickier than some random person’s hip and thigh cemented against yours as they ooze under the seat.[/quote]
It sucks when they ooze over your seatbelt by the time the landing lights come on too.

Do I tug it until it pops free? Ask him to lift up the ass fat? Punch him in the face? I don’t know if there is a right answer.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
^^ I’ve been lucky with my flights from Japan to Canada/US…I get an aisle and nobody next to me…almost as good as first class. I said almost.[/quote]

You in Japan alot?[/quote]

Only the airport! (well, except last week when our flight from Minneapolis to Narita was delayed so Delta Airlines out us up in a Radisson in Narita for the night…that was my longest time in Japan)

I go from Taiwan to Canada and if I fly from Hong Kong to Vancouver the plane is packed…but when I go to Japan first to transfer I’ve never had anyone sitting next to me.
Also…on the way to Canada last month there were no personal TVs in the seats, and the movies were crap on the big communal screen (Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Zookeeper and a Kate Hudson movie then a Reese Witherspoon) and that sucks for an 11 hour flight.
On the way back I had my own TV and watched the original Planet of the Apes, Green Lantern, 3 episodes of Big Bang Theory, All-Star Superman, a Simpsons, A Futurama and a Louis CK show. Wow…that was a lot of TV. That shows you how long these flights are.