Call of Duty: Black Ops

So I’m waiting like a kid at Christmas for this next week; anyone else here plan on grabbing it for some online killin?

I pre-ordered it having never played a Call of Duty game before. All my friends play it online and talk to each other so i thought i would join in on the fun even though i will most likely suck at it.

I gotta see the reviews first. Treyarch games are hit or miss, mostly miss though.

I’m done with the COD series. It’s taken way too much of my time.

Now Assassin’s Creed:Brotherhood…that’s another story.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

Now Assassin’s Creed:Brotherhood…that’s another story.[/quote]

I hate that it is set to be released during wrestling season. How am I supposed to enjoy it and still practice?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:

Now Assassin’s Creed:Brotherhood…that’s another story.[/quote]

I hate that it is set to be released during wrestling season. How am I supposed to enjoy it and still practice?[/quote]

Cut out all the fapping…duh!

Stupid question but, I keep getting destroyed online. My scorelines in Team Deathmatch look like this:

4 - 15 (kill - death)
2 - 11 (kill - death)

Have only been playing MW2 online for a few weeks, but I just can’t seem to win a 50/50 fight.

I used to play counterstrike, and mouse controls were heavenly.

Using a thumbstick on the PS3 is aggravating the shit out of me.

Any tips? Or am I destined to be shit? Can’t aim for shit!

buddy used to put a red sticker on the tv basically the center… so whenever he’s running he just makes sure the guy’s head is covered by the sticker and blasts him…

some other tips are just take ure time and get a feel for the game… don’t rush in… if someone is camping an area don’t keep feeding him kills… i’d use steady hand, marathon. Just hang back and watch the progression of play u should be able to see where the enemy is going and how they are moving…

right now its kinda hard to get better fast cuz a lot of the noobs stopped playing… a lot of the guys on are more exp (as far as i’ve seen)… pick a time period around after school to play the kids…

You just have to practice. And if you have good hand/eye coordination, it helps. I have some games where I go 28-6, and the next I go 3-24. Just keep playing, you’ll like it a lot more as you unlock all the weapons and perks. I’m on my 5th Prestige and am hoping to finish it up before Black Ops drops.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:

Any tips? Or am I destined to be shit? Can’t aim for shit![/quote]

1. Learn to dropshot
  2. If you can’t seem to bring your targetting reticle on target fast enough, boost your sensitivity
  3. If you seem to swing right past your target with your targetting reticle, lower your sensitivity
  4. Assume that someone is around a corner waiting for you
  5. Check unknown/campy areas with stun/flash grenades (Get a hit marker and you could probably send out a semtex for a free kill as well)

FUCK YEAH, BRING THAT SHIT ON!!!

I loved the first one. I am almost creaming myself waiting for the second. Almost as much as when I saw this weeks powerful image.

Fool, who thought it would be cool to not post this awesome picture.

I’m kind of excited that it has “Online retard training mode.” For those of us who go 0-99 when playing online. And then the little kids make fun of me.

And then I drink.

“Online retard training mode” and Wager Matches are awesome additions IMO.
I wish all the guns were purchaseable at the start with none given out free and giving the user X amount of CP to start with.

Vinnie and h0rsepower - thanks a great deal for your help. I run around looking for a kill too much, and it just means I get shot before I’ve even seen the guy!

Yasser - what’s a dropshot? Is that the thing that everyone seems to be doing to me, where I shoot at them and they just go prone? And it means I’m just shooting air … and then I’m dead?

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
Yasser - what’s a dropshot? Is that the thing that everyone seems to be doing to me, where I shoot at them and they just go prone? And it means I’m just shooting air … and then I’m dead?[/quote]
Exactly that. :slight_smile:

Pre-ordered yesterday with release date delivery to the house.

[quote]Magicpunch wrote:
Vinnie and h0rsepower - thanks a great deal for your help. I run around looking for a kill too much, and it just means I get shot before I’ve even seen the guy!

Yasser - what’s a dropshot? Is that the thing that everyone seems to be doing to me, where I shoot at them and they just go prone? And it means I’m just shooting air … and then I’m dead?[/quote]

Yes, better than a bunny hop that you have in Halo. Go prone and by the time your prone you have one more shot to kill them and you’re super accurate.

[quote]yasser wrote:
“Online retard training mode” and Wager Matches are awesome additions IMO.
I wish all the guns were purchaseable at the start with none given out free and giving the user X amount of CP to start with.[/quote]

Me too, I love online retard training mode, took me a good month to get my Reach skills down to the point I was consistently getting 12-19 kills a game. There are a few times were someone puts their foot on my neck and doesn’t let me get up and I come up with half a dozen kills. Or, I play a map that I haven’t taken the time to run by myself.