T Nation

Call It a Comeback

Hey everyone I recently took off from weight training for about two months do to relocating and before that I was in the gym for a month with prob another month layoff before that. So my training this year has sucked and I lost most of my muscle and gained a lot of fat. Due to eating fast food, drinking on wknds and eating out every other night. I started working out two weeks ago and am trying to get back to where i was at @210lb and then some.

So here's my questions. (1) what should I do about a diet? Keto to get most of the fat off and then start from there, a Detox diet to replenish the body or just pick up where i left off eating like a bodybuilder. (2) When should i start using supplements? ex Creatine and since I've been out of the loop (3) what supplements should i be using? I'm 27yrs old 5'10 @188.5 lbs with around 17%BF I'm guessing. Thank you and any help will be appreciated

It's, "don't call it a come back."

Let me know if I can help with anything else that can't be found using the search bar in the upper left hand corner.

Seriously, start reading about Leangains, Warrior Diet, Anabolic Diet, Pulse Feast, V-Diet, Green Face Diet, ETC.

Once you have that locked down go to the articles tab above and use the drop down list to access the "programs" tab.
From there find a program that suits your needs.

I'll try to at least start you thinking in the right direction. Basically, you have 2 choices:

1) Start bulking now and live with the body fat (or possibly more) and then cut back down once you have some muscle on you to really make a cut work, or

2) Cut now using whatever diet works for you (yes - the search function works) until you get your body fat down to a level you can live with and begin your bulk from there, but realize you will get very skinny in the process.

The only supps you really need at this point are creatine and whey whatever approach you take.

Actually jlone its, "Mama Said Knock You Out" Recorded in 1990. The song was produced by Marley Marl with help from Shadman Kaiser along with LL. The single reached number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified gold by the RIAA. LL Cool J won Best Rap Solo Performance at the Grammy Awards of 1992.I know how to use google to search shit and believe it or not i know how to use a computer. But I kinda was looking for someone that was in the same scenario as i am and could give me a insight on what they did. Or maybe use there knowledge to help me. but your "expert advice" is to use the search bar.

^^^^
My advice is for you to use your amazing research abilities to HELP YOURSELF

If you get stuck with a specific question then post it here.
Don't ask a bunch of strangers to prescribe a diet for you.

I am always surprised that people won't do jack for themselves but expect others to help.

you'll be a twig if you just strictly focus on Fat loss only. I'd do it in phases of Fat loss followed hypertrophy something like 1-2 to 4-8.

You were 210 lbs and you stopped working out, ate like crap, and dropped to 188.5 (17% BF) in two months? Presumably if you were eating like crap you added BF, so how much muscle mass do you think you lost? Is that even possible in just 2 months?

yeah thats what i was thinking - thats a hell of a lot of weight loss in a short amount of time given that OP was eating crap and put on fat...doesnt add up

I was 210 a while ago, i was around 200 in march and tried a keto diet for 6 weeks and i got down to 185 and then after that i was on and off from the gym. I don't know what it is but when i get busy with work and I stop going to the gym for 2 or 3 weeks i'll stop eating clean like i turn into fat bastard and then i'll get focused again and stay on a clean diet and train for months and now im going through the same cycle again. I'm just looking for some advice on the best way to get back into shape after time off.