T Nation

Calisthetics + Hill Sprints

Hey everyone, I've lurked around Tnation for a couple years now, but I haven't posted very often.

A little background info: I'm 25 years old, have been lifting on and off since I was about 16. I'm 215lbs, at around 12-13% BF 6'0.

Current lifts:
Bench: 260
Deadlift: 475 (500 trap)
Squat: 375

Recently, I've had some trouble with my left knee (pain when squatting, but only half the time). I decided to take some time off squatting since this has been an on and off issue for a while now.

In fact, I want to try a bodyweight routine, not only to give a break to my joints, but also just to try it out because I'm curious to see the benefits and it's always fun to change things out. I was thinking of something like this:

Day 1: Vertical Push (Pike Push ups / Hand Stand Push ups)

Day 2: Horizontal Pull (BW Rows)

Day 3: Hill Sprints

Day 4: Horizontal Push (Dips / Weighted Push ups)

Day 5: Vertical Pull (Chin ups / Pull ups)

Day 6: Hill Sprints

Day 7: Off

Has anyone tried a similar program? I would incorporate core/grip work as well at the end of the workouts. I'd love to hear some feedbacks, let me know what you guys think, whether you think it's a really, really good idea... or a really dumb one :slightly_smiling:

If your knees are spent, I don’t think they will love high volume hill sprinting. Why not do this? https://www.T-Nation.com/training/bodyweight-burn