california=metero

Lapel pins.

“No self-respecting gay guy would have ever made some of the hair and clothing choices I am still trying to live down”

~ David Copperfield

Well, I was wearing a purple shirt the night I had a gay guy “hit on” me. Haven’t worn it since, although I did hook up with a girl that night.

My hunch is that guys turn gay because:

1. The can`t score with normal-minded women.

2. They are very beautiful (which is different than the manlier version: handsome) and can afford, very much like the female equivalent 10`s, to be picky as they want and some chump will always do whatever they want to get some.

Its all visually based. Look at the guy, look at his mate. It is almost always both extremes. I have not yet seen an average` looking gay couple.

Maybe my sample is too small. I don`t care to discover more.

For the lesbians, it`s probably the same thing, except females have it easier, specially since the Britney-Madonna kiss thing.

And for the gaydar thing, just keep your eyes open.

Ones stare tells volumes. I have a low-profile style, so everytime I get out-of-the-ordinary attention, its always someone who wants to get more. It just sucks when it comes from males. But the don`t-you-dare-stare I give them back in return settles the matter quickly. Hehehe.

It`s all in the way they look at you.

Also look for any rogue character traits that pop-up in your presence (in the sense of that person doing out-of-usual-character/crazier things). It always makes me secretly laugh when I see a female accountant (the classic introvert) revert to a 6-year old mental age when her favorite dude is near.

(Start hijack And, FYI, that age old you never get hit on more than when youre with your girlfriend` is still true, also. End hijack)

Last time I checked it was 2004, didn’t know it was still 1954 for everyone else… if you’re so insecure of your manliness by worrying about what you wear, that’s pretty sad, and if being a “man” is to gay bash,then that just reminds me of HS where you put other people down to make yourself look better. And if gay boys were so obvious, I guess all those gay pro-athletes that score touchdown after touchdown and those gay marines fighting in Iraq, and all the gay FDNY that pulled people out of the trade center must be so feminine that they can throw two people over their shoulder and go down 50 flights, or when all those queer drag queens in 1969 rioted where all the “men” of the NYPD couldn’t hold their own.

Sorry little boys you won’t get laid by any chick with zero self-confidence under the rock you’re living under, since you gotta bash a minority like “men” did to blacks since slavery and the Irish and Italians of the 20’s. And without all those damn “queers” in the fashion industry all the chicks would be in baggy sweats and t-shirts.

So next time you want to be a “man”, why don’t you try integrity and honor over fashion and hatred. IMHO

yngmuscle76,

To compare the “lack of tolerance” for gays to racism is assinine in the extreme.

To many people (myself included), gays do not represent a legitimate “group” of society deserving special recognition. They simply have a perverted, freakish lifestyle. That in itself is tolerable, I suppose. But the fact that they then all band together and try to promote this behaviour as “normal,” “acceptable”, etc., and then proceed to teach it to little school children is what makes my blood boil.

I would go to WAR in a second against this group if it meant that no more children would be adopted or corrupted by their malevolence.

I can’t believe anyone who would call himself a “T-man” would be so insecure that he’d be afraid to be seen in a pink shirt, or any other shirt for that matter. Afraid someone might think that you’re gay? Oh, my! How dreadful!

I guess if you’re behaviour is already somewhat effeminate and you’re built like a little stick-boy it could raise some questions. Otherwise, who gives a shit? When I was single, some of my “luckiest” shirts were pink.

This just in - according to my brother and sister I am already a metro! I really don’t think so, but whatever. Is being a metro really that bad anyway? What are we even talking about here?

I bet most of us do things that are considered “metro” such as, I dunno …lifting weights not only for strength but for aesthetic reasons. What about tanning, dressing nice, using good personal hygiene, etc. From what I gather, being a metro basically means making an effort to look good. Now, the extreme metro is just as bad as the slob who leaves the house in the same clothes that he slept in. Picture the main character from the movie American Psycho for the prototypical metro.

The girl I’m talking to right now is openly trying to transform me into a metro. I’m fighting it, but now that I think about it, what for? Nothing wrong with looking clean. It just seems to me that the definition of metro now means caring about fashion and materialistic shit as much as women, and that just aint me. Seriously, I get into arguments with this girl all the time after she makes comments like, “I like nice things and I see no problem with dropping $500 on a Prada purse.” RED FLAG, RED FLAG!! haha run forrest run.

Anyway, I’m not afraid to admit that I may be a recreational user of the metro ways. Chicks dig it, enough said.

One thing I forgot: most girls I talk to associate being lean with being a metrosexual. This is apparently an attractive quality. I personally haven’t really cared much about being lean vs. being strong and adding mass. That is my main objection. Do you have to be a stick figure to be a metro?

Who says you have to be gay to be artistic and creative?

And, correspondingly, who says a true man can`t be artistic and creative?

Lets say we take out the gays out of the business. I am sure women alone could handle the creative side of fashion. If they create just as much as 25% of how they bitch each others looks, thats enough to keep the industry alive for eons.

Maybe you HAVE to be gay to get up the totem pole (bad pun), very much like you need friends in high places in the lobbying industry. But that`s a whole different topic.

resolute - I have some gay members of my extended family and have this to offer you.

We are all human beings and should be treated as such. Last time I checked, the survival of our species wasn’t exactly in jeporady. So whatever bone you have to pick with members of our society who live a certain lifestyle probably wont hold much water here.

Besides, most guys I know get that special feeling inside when they see two members of the female sex taking care of business. Doesn’t that seem hypocritical?

I’d like to introduce a new category, the “pimpsexual”. This is my designation. Let me tell you what it entails: wearing shit you wanna wear, taking care of your hygiene as much as your beaver hunting requires, exercising and recreating according to your interests. And all this shit being influenced by your desire to have serious fun, snatch, and be badass according to your own terms while not give shit about what everybody else is doing and thinking. Fuck everything else, I’m a pimpsexual biatch. Keep pimping…
Late

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/3/9/392770.1073242853900.12-21-2003.DEParty.34

If you carry yourself as if you are gay, you could be wearing indian buckskins and a Davy Crockett hat and you’d still come off as gay. Look at the Village People - cops, indians, construction workers, bikers, etc. If you carry yourself as if you are hetero, you can wear any damn thing you want and come off as hetero. Metro’s just come off as clean, fashionably conscious (not necessarily a slave to fashion, but at least conscious of it) men and chicks dig it.

For proof see above. Some of you might recognize the smokin’ hot chick on my arm. 'Nough said, eat your heart out.

bohdi as well as a lot of others on this thread are not understanding what a metro is. just because you dress nice doesnt make you one and no one is calling you one. so quit getting all defensive and get your panties out of a bunch.

the thread is about the malls only carrying metro sexual gear. quit crying about gay rights and gay bashing. this thread has nothing to do with either.

oh and smoking hot…i guess thats a matter of opinion.

I vote for smoking hot. Three thumbs up with a snap.

BOHDHI: I hope that woman didn`t just serve a wallflower purpose and you gave those implants…er…that woman the attention she rightfully deserved ;0)

Wait…isn’t that ~karma~? If so, nice work. If not, too bad.

For those who are confused about their (metro)sexuality, I suggest you all take the metrosexual quiz that can be found at this address.

http://www.rooshlog.com/quiz/quiz.cgi?quiz=metro

My score was a 7/50. If you all can post yours, it would be cool to see what you’ve all got.

NOTE: There are some questions that some of you will post “yes” and can’t get away with it. Let me explain. There are a few questions that ask if you have ever shaved your arms, legs, chest, etc. Many of you people on the T-Forum have done this because that’s what bodybuilders do. I have done this myself back in the days of androsol, when we all had to do it.

So take the quiz and tell us what you got.

1. Guess that means I’m a metro. Whatever.

And the American Psycho thing, haha I told you man.

6/50

i’m homophobic (yes, so what) and metrosexuality doesnt appeal to me at all. neither do pink shirts.