Calcium D-Glucarate and DIM

Diindolylmethane

This sounds like positive steps to countering estrogen-dominance, however I was wondering if I could elicit commentary in regards to this here because we are all using an anti-estrogen such as anastrozole already.

DIM promotes beneficial estrogen metabolism and healthy hormonal balance.

DIMâ?¢ is a naturally occurring phytonutrient that is found in cruciferous vegetables. Though discovered over ten years ago, the connection between plant-derived dietary ingredients and estrogen metabolism are just now beginning to be understood. Research has shown that DIM has the ability to act as an estrogen balancer (sometimes referred to as an estrogen blocker) in both women and men. It can be used by those addressing estrogen dominance problems.

DIM and Men

Dim can also benefit men by improving estrogen-dominance related health issues such as hair loss, atherosclerosis, prostate problems, lowered libido, man boobs, and impotency.

German Researchers have documented a correlation between age related accumulations of estrogen in human prostate glands with the presence of benign prostate enlargement.

This research suggests the role of estrogen as a growth promoting hormone in men, as well as women. Dr. Zeligs states, â??the accumulation of this particular hormone is indicative of male â??andropauseâ??. Increased PSA (prostate specific antigen) production was shown to be specifically inhibited by 2-methoxyestradiol, the beneficial form of estrogen metabolites, which is promoted by DIM.â?? Therefore, supplementing with DIM is the ideal way for men to get rid of unwanted estrogen, as too much estrogen not only leads to prostate problems, it can also lessen the action of testosterone.

DIM works by promoting more â??freeâ?? testosterone that can help maximize the bodyâ??s response to weight training and dramatically changes the fat-burning ability of men. When a man is estrogen dominant, the body produces a protein that testosterone can bind to, and then it is no longer considered to be in its â??freeâ?? beneficial form; bound testosterone can have undesirable effects similar to that of excess estrogen. For example, low libido, excess weight gain, impotence, and depression.

Scientific studies have shown that high levels of â??freeâ?? testosterone and low levels of estrogen have been linked to lean body mass, an efficient fat-burning metabolism, and low abdominal obesity. Other benefits from â??freeâ?? testosterone are improved moods, cardiovascular health, memory, libido, and better overall physical conditioning.

According to Zeligs, â??testosterone exerts its actions differently depending on whether it is free or bound to carrier proteins in the blood.â?? When estrogen is metabolized into the good hydroxyl forms, as mentioned above it has the ability to set testosterone free by bumping it off of the testosterone binding proteins.

it seems like everyone reacts differently to herbal compounds.

for some it is great, for others it does more harm then good.

I tried it, and it was doing something just not sure what. I was not able to stabilize and get my levels and symptoms under control until I limited everything down the very base medications needed, and then slowly increased from there.